• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon HOME to be compatible with SV on 23 May

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I'll grab the free HA starters, but after that will probably wait until the DLC drops and adds more Pokemon to the game files. There's not a whole lot I feel the need to transfer up to the newest gen/game these days, but at least one of them afaik cannot currently be transferred to S/V.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
It's about time. Also, yes, I will be bringing over a lot. Groudon is definitely coming for sure. It's time for a change! I'll decide what else I'll be bringing later on tonight.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Yes. Plans to transfer the following. Should be able to.
  • Zapdos, Articuno, Moltres, and their Galarian forms
  • Mewtwo
  • Kyogre, Rayquaza, and Groudon,
  • Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf
  • Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina
  • Heatran
  • Cresselia
  • Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus
  • Carbink
  • Zacian, Zamazenta, and Eternatus
  • Urshifu (both forms)
  • Zarude
  • Regieleki and Regidraco
  • Glastrier, Spectrier, and Calyrex
  • Enamorus
  • Alolan Raichu, Dugtrio, Persian, and Muk
  • Galarian Slowking and Slowbro
  • Kanto Tauros
  • Wyrdeer, Ursaluna, Kleavor, and Basculegion
  • Hisuian forms of Avalugg, Lilligant, Braviary, Goodra, Typhlosion, Decidueye, and Samurott. (Plans to trade with someone eventually for Hisuian Growlithe, Qwilfish, Voltorb, and Sneasel. Already got a Zorua from them.)
  • Maybe a hat Pikachu?
  • Various trained Pokemon. Remembers a few from past playthroughs, like Cloyster, Abomasnow, Beartic, and Scizor. Bred up a few like Wigglytuff and Toxtricity for this to save on candies.

Does not have Mew, Arceus, Meloetta, Diancie, Hoopa, Volcanion, or Magearna. Will hold off on Rillaboom and Delphox. Expects to get those two via Tera Raids. (Edit: Lacks a Roaming Form Gimmighoul at the moment too.)

Be sure to visit the auction house too. Sells items like the Rusted Sword, Reveal Glass, and orbs.

Wonders if it will allow moves like Rising Voltage on Alolan Raichu.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Guess I need to enjoy competitive before Kyogre and Groudon come and make weather dominant again haha

I'm so glad they're giving us backwards compatibility, I figured with the whole LGPE thing they might just says "its a new generation so suck it".

I'm gonna breed up a bunch of Hisuian Zorua, hopefully profit off all those previously impossible trades listed on GTS!

Years
I'm mad that we get nothing next week, after so much excitement to hear news that this long overdue update was ready. Worse, they don't commit to a new date either, just tba.

I was looking forward to reuniting a couple of days from now with some old companions from the ds still stuck in Home limbo T_T My greninja especially wants to stretch his legs, and step outside a home box.

Last edited:

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
They're probably taking their time with the update instead of rushing things this time. They probably tested it and saw that the game had a ton of glitches and errors, resulting in them attempting to fix it. Nonetheless, it gives me enough time to finish my Trade Shop I guess.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
They're probably taking their time with the update instead of rushing things this time. They probably tested it and saw that the game had a ton of glitches and errors, resulting in them attempting to fix it. Nonetheless, it gives me enough time to finish my Trade Shop I guess.

I hope you're right, there's so much bad stuff with HOME and BDSP that was never rectified. My Darkrai is stuck in there for the foreseeable future as I traded an event one in to get Shiny Charm (not realising it didn't work with static encounters), so now it won't let me take it out. I own both versions and multiple consoles, but my other save also has the Darkrai event so won't be resetting it, and trading over will cause the same problem :( I think this afflicts every legendary capturable in-game for some stupid reason, or at least all the Sinnoh ones.

Years
There will be dozens of Pokemon I'll be tossing over when Home compatibility is here, but I'm in no rush whatsoever as I'm doing stuff in other games anyway.

Years
I don't know if I'll be porting Pokémon to SV, but I'd rather keep them in HOME, as it's the only place where you actually have a complete pokedex (actually, more of a collection. The national pokedex still ends up to gen 7). However it's not in my plans for now.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Announced Pokemon Home maintenance starting on Tuesday, May 30 at 00:00 UTC. Estimates it to finish at 06:00 UTC the same day. Might last until 06:00 UTC on Wednesday at the latest. Updates to version 3.0.0 after maintenance. Presumably opens up Scarlet/Violet connectivity alongside that.

(Extra note: Discontinues support for Android 6, iOS 12, and iOS 13 with this update.)

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
Announced Pokemon Home maintenance starting on Tuesday, May 30 at 00:00 UTC. Estimates it to finish at 06:00 UTC the same day. Might last until 06:00 UTC on Wednesday at the latest. Updates to version 3.0.0 after maintenance. Presumably opens up Scarlet/Violet connectivity alongside that.

(Extra note: Discontinues support for Android 6, iOS 12, and iOS 13 with this update.)

And the unexpected plot twist happens: they mention that they made another mistake and HOME support isn't slated until 2036.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
So I'm not sure if this is just me or if I have just found a bug with the new update, but after getting into Home and transferring my Paldea dex to a new save file after the maintenance was finished, I noticed that if you transfer in a Rockruff with Own Tempo it won't register as caught. I had to transfer in one with Vital Spirit to get its Pokedex entry registered.

Years
I was hoping that somebody could explain to me what's going on. Pokemon I transfer from Home to Violet are having their movesets and abilities changed. I knew moves from old gens that no longer exist like hidden power would be deleted, but I have pokemon forgetting moves that are learnable and legal, like my Greninja, who knew ice beam, not having it there once it left home, and double team being there in it's place. I can use TMs to correct some of this quickly, but not sure why this is happening in the first place. A bigger source of dismay to me is the ability change on this pokemon, as he was a hidden ability Greninja. My jaw dropped when i saw torrent there instead now. I was scared to look and see if he was still shiny, worried about what might be wrong next, but he is still black with pearl spots at least for now. Is the ability swap something to do with the nerf to protean that I don't know about, or is this a glitch i stummbled onto?

I don't want to move in anymore pokemon until i know more about what happened.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Wondered how the game would handle Tera types for Pokemon from past generations. Appears to select the Pokemon's first listed type. Noticed one exception: Normal type. Prioritizes the other typing, in that case. Gets Tera: Water for Whiscash (Water/Ground), but a Tera: Fairy for Wigglytuff (Normal/Fairy). Feels okay with this.

I was hoping that somebody could explain to me what's going on. Pokemon I transfer from Home to Violet are having their movesets and abilities changed. I knew moves from old gens that no longer exist like hidden power would be deleted, but I have pokemon forgetting moves that are learnable and legal, like my Greninja, who knew ice beam, not having it there once it left home, and double team being there in it's place. I can use TMs to correct some of this quickly, but not sure why this is happening in the first place. A bigger source of dismay to me is the ability change on this pokemon, as he was a hidden ability Greninja. My jaw dropped when i saw torrent there instead now. I was scared to look and see if he was still shiny, worried about what might be wrong next, but he is still black with pearl spots at least for now. Is the ability swap something to do with the nerf to protean that I don't know about, or is this a glitch i stummbled onto?

I don't want to move in anymore pokemon until i know more about what happened.

Moves: Tested it out with a level 100 Azelf. Taught it Grass Knot via TR in Sword. Moveset: Explosion, Dazzling Gleam, Nasty Plot, and Grass Knot.

Moved it into Home. No change.
Moved it from Home to Sword. No change.
Moved it back into Home. No change, unsurprisingly.
Moved it into Scarlet. Orange circle and new moveset: Future Sight, Last Resort, Explosion, and Mystical Power (see: its last four level-up moves). Must select the Pokemon individually and choose "Change Moves" to put Grass Knot back on.

Regained the original moveset after moving it from Scarlet back to Home and saving changes, interestingly.

Abilities: See this note on Serebii. Might apply here.
Serebii said:
Edit @ 13:29: The game no longer tracks abilities between the games. If you move a Pokémon to a different game and give it an Ability Capsule or Ability Patch, then that data only remains for that game so if you move a Charmander with Blaze from Sword & Shield to Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl and use an Ability Patch to give it Solar Power, when you move it back to Sword & Shield or on to Scarlet & Violet, it will have the Ability Blaze but if you then move it back to Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl, it will have Solar Power in that game

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
That's awful, it seems like extra work to keep track of what ability it will have in certain games. If it changes, just change the code!

Years
Guess I can scrap my plans to import a bunch of HA mons and do some breeding then.... 🙄
Well I'm doing other stuff atm anyway xD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Guess I can scrap my plans to import a bunch of HA mons and do some breeding then.... 🙄
Well I'm doing other stuff atm anyway xD

Retains the Hidden Ability if it was obtained naturally, to be clear. Transferred an Alolan Grimer with Power of Alchemy all the way from Ultra Sun to Scarlet, for example. Only affects Pokemon that had an Ability Capsule or Patch used on them.

stringzzz

Banned
Days
I know it's not happening by the time of the original announcement, but it seems to finally be coming soon (hopefully). I've had a brand new Scarlet version that I haven't even touched because I'm waiting for Home to be available so I can transfer a low-level team from Violet. I'm a bit leery about using Home, though, after hearing what had happened to some players after the pre-order update for some of the DLC. I guess some people lost their whole save file, with hundreds of hours into it! I'm pretty sure if that happened to me, I would lose the motivation to start it again. I'm sure it will be alright, but I might give it at least of few days before using it.

Back