• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 352 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.1%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2019
    Hey, wondering if a the Universal Pokemon Randomizer works with this game. I know some games (Liquid Crystal and Glazed) I couldn't randomize. Just wondering for extra replay concerns.

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
    Years
  • and with that last patch I think I'm gonna take a break from this, unless something comes up. Replaying, the game seems nice and stable, and reasonably polished (except for the battle text boxes : L

Hey, wondering if a the Universal Pokemon Randomizer works with this game. I know some games (Liquid Crystal and Glazed) I couldn't randomize. Just wondering for extra replay concerns.

I don't think it does, which is a bit of a shame, but (shameless plug) chronosplit's made some neat little patches that replace the starters in this game with the gen 1 or gen 2 starters so you can use those if you get bored with the current ones

Oh and I should mention that there's now a list of useful hold items packaged up with the rom download, so that's nice

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2018
    Anyone else have the issue with the Battle Pyramid black-screening when you start the challenge?

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2019
    Is Marowak supposed to be pure ghost type, because I just evolved my Cubone into a pure ghost Marowak. If it's not supposed to be pure ghost it might be because I evolved him a level late.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2021
    I know you'd taking a bit of a break, but I can't for the life of me get these safety specs out of my inventory. The patch with the box doesn't seem to do anything but reset the goggles on the ground, and the extended item bag interferes with a save editor's ability to remove it that way. I'm at a loss and I can't really play through the hack if every item below Safety Specs is innaccesible. Somehow, this process has COMPLETELY remove all TM's and HM's from my game, so I have one backed up save file with bugged safety specs and no TMs/HMs and another with no TMs/HMs and New Mauvile uncompleted. So there goes my playthrough up to the 5th gym. I don't think I have the patience to play it again for a while with that happening.

Edit: Opening my save in an editor reveals that the TMs/HMs are indeed there, but they don't show in game, if that's any help.

Last edited:

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
    Years
  • I know you'd taking a bit of a break, but I can't for the life of me get these safety specs out of my inventory. The patch with the box doesn't seem to do anything but reset the goggles on the ground, and the extended item bag interferes with a save editor's ability to remove it that way. I'm at a loss and I can't really play through the hack if every item below Safety Specs is innaccesible. Somehow, this process has COMPLETELY remove all TM's and HM's from my game, so I have one backed up save file with bugged safety specs and no TMs/HMs and another with no TMs/HMs and New Mauvile uncompleted. So there goes my playthrough up to the 5th gym. I don't think I have the patience to play it again for a while with that happening.

Edit: Opening my save in an editor reveals that the TMs/HMs are indeed there, but they don't show in game, if that's any help.

I think the tm pocket bug is caused by visual boy advance itself. The ram for the TM pocket has not been touched in this game, but vba is a solid 2 decades old and starts screwing stuff up with some romhacks on new pcs. There's no way for me to fix that with a patch, so just try a newer emulator like VBA-M

Then just boot up your save on the newest version, 3.7c. If this issue is being caused by the goggles' bag sprite, this will fix the issue. If it is some other symptom, I really can't help any more.

Edit: @dax, gauntlet island will come in the future, you can sneak a peek at it via walk through walls from route 129. none of the events work yet but the maps are all there.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2021
    Looks like my issue was my choice of gpsp kai modded, the best emulator for the PSP. It was causing a lot of weird issues that I described, but VBAM (the PC emulator I already use to test patches etc) works fine. I just wish I could emulate on a mobile platform a little better, but that's likely not something you could repair in any way. Thanks for the fast reply!

Edit: However, the TM/HM is still a problem as the battery save was apparently after they were all removed. So that sucks.

Last edited:

Baadar

I'm nothing...
    Years
  • Ok, loving the game so far, but can i ask for just something :3??
    I know that with nature power, the need for a HM Slave is reduced but why not making an aditional patch to make the original HMs more valuable and worth considering on a team?
    Examples and/or suggestions:
    Cut - Steel type with 30 base power but hits 2 to 3 times, like Triple Kick
    Strenght - Rock type with 80 base power but has recoil
    Flash - Its fine as it is, but why not lowering the chance to apply effect to 50% and raise damage to 60 - 70 power
    Rock Smash - Is pretty ok as it is, maybe just some 10 additional power?? or again, lower def- chance to 50% but raise damage some bit more
    Water HMs are pretty much ok as they are uwu
    I tried to make some changes myself...but since the game has a completely different coding now, the effects in game are different than those on the Gen3Tools move editor...pretty please :3???
    Or how can i do that myself O.o???

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2021
    Just as an update to my previous posts, VBAM (ie an emulator with access to more ram) solved a lot of issues, and when i got a new TM, all the old TM's and HM's reappeared (I'm assuming it triggered an update of the bag screen, rereading the addresses from that area of memory?). Thanks for the reply, and good work on the game!

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I don't know if it's an important bug or not but I'll stil report it: marowak is a ground/ghost type. The problem is that when I apply the extra types patch, marowak becomes a pure ghost type.

Years
  • I don't know if it's an important bug or not but I'll stil report it: marowak is a ground/ghost type. The problem is that when I apply the extra types patch, marowak becomes a pure ghost type.

marowak is in alolan type same with raichu and other whose involve in alolan forms but not in their respective sprite.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2023
    Some of your stat changes on certain Pok?mon are baffling and honestly don?t make much cohesive sense.

For example:

?Why buff some of the starters while leaving most of the others unchanged. They immediately stand out and outclass some of their kin substantially

?Random Special Attack reduction on Alakazam isn?t resonating with me after you buffed some legends (Suicune) and Togekiss to hell and back

?Speaking of Suicune, you buffed it to achieve over a 600 BST, while leaving the other two beasts unchanged, pairs like these (starters, trios, 600 BST mythics, etc) are supposed to have statistical parity

?Now that we mentioned pairs and statistical parity; you didn?t just nerf, you destroyed Rayquaza and Celebi, while leaving the stats of their respective counterparts unchanged

A lot of these changes, like the ones I listed above, just seem like changes for the sake of it (be it favoritism, or whatever the case; it just doesn?t come across as particularly professional or well thoughtout in terms of balance. I am pretty sure I can find more lopsided disparities in the list, but those are what stood out to me immediately.

I?m not sure if this list you provided is up to date or not. But from a competitive and/or balance prospective, some more progressive can be made. I?m not opposed buffing things, but I don?t agree with nerfs or buffs to Pok?mon, unless other Pok?mon that relate to them in parallel pairs or lore, are also considered.

If you?re going to buff Suicune, the Kanto starters, etc, make sure all counterparts receive an equal reassessment as well. Nerfing things like Alakazam, which aren?t anymore broken than other stuff, can be done without as well.

I like that you?re willing to include more drastic stat changes on many Pok?mon than the usual hack, but that means it has to be assessed and weighed more carefully and thoroughly.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Blaziken's Jump kick, Hi Junp Kick - 2 PP Bug.....
    Sorry, my english is so bad

Last edited:

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • Just a quick bug I found:
    qEd0l3A.jpg

When entering Petalburg woods from the north side you can run up into the space you shouldn't be able to.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2020
    Hi, I can't find the Shiny Stone.
    Found it, realized I was on the wrong version LOL

Also, is there only one Shiny Stone we can get?

And I've been trying to look for Togepi in Rustboro Tunnel for quite a long while now, but it doesn't appear. Is it still in the game?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2021
    Hi, I found a bug. The item safety specs, if I scroll over it in the bag, freezes my game. I have to roll over to a previous save state or reset the console to fix it.

Mosmero

Hey, it's me, the Mos!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen today
    How can I get to Gauntlet Island? I saw it on the map and it seems very intriguing...

Back