• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

King of the Jungle (Luxray vs. Pyroar vs. Solgaleo)

Which Pokémon do you choose?

• Total voters
Years
  • luxray.gif
    pyroar.gif
    solgaleo.gif

After going three generations without a proper lion Pokemon, we were treated with one family in three of the next four, as Sinnoh gave us Luxray, Kalos brought Pyroar, and while maybe unexpected, little Cosmog has the ability to evolve into Solgaleo. While each of them are quite different in appearance and type, each has their own appeal, and think they deserve the title of top dog cat. Which of the three lion Pokemon has your support?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    It was a bit of a hard choice between Luxray and Solgaleo because I love them both. Though I had to go with Luxray because I'm a sucker for my Electric types. Though Solgaleo was a very close second.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Yeah, this is very easy for me, but it might not be so for others. Luxray. I don't think I have even used the other two lion based Pokémon yet. Especially not Solgaleo, since I don't use legendary Pokémon.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • They're all quality pokemon and I've used all three, but unfortunately nostalgia with Luxray makes it a lot more favorable with me.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I'm a bigger fan of Luxray's design, don't really like that shield-mane on the other two.

Years
  • Litleo and Pyroar were arguably my favorite Pokemon from Kalos, so I'm a little sad to see they're doing so poorly in the poll. And I would probably put Solgaleo ahead of Luxray on my list too, but that's just because I loved Nebby so much.

Years
  • idk, i like solgaleo but it feels like a robot to me, personally. i think pyroar looks a bit more real and majestic

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Luxray is an easy choice for me. I just like the Shinx line too much not to pick it! Pyroar line just never really got my interest and I hardly use Legendaries.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Hmm... almost a toss up between Luxray and Pyroar but I gotta say that Luxray wins it for me. I've used it more often and I just find its design just much more appealing.

Years
  • Luxray!! The others are cool and all but I've always been a huge Luxray fan since Gen IV was a thing so I can't not vote for it. n.n

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Man I am late to this thread! Luxray gets my vote! xx

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Luxray, probably? It's a reliable Electric mon to use. Don't think I've used it too much but its not bad at all.

Back