• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pilates Mafia

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Kiyo, why is it that you are trying to scumread only me when you could say the exact same about first post as you did mine? Especially considering that later we both had a full speculation list that included Tailor, which you yourself are backing. So not sure how you can claim my speculation of Tailor is the attempt to discredit.

blackadder-confused.gif

I honest-to-God cannot decipher what this post is saying or what its argument is. I don't know if it's just the syntax, but could you run this by me again?​

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
[#Unvote] Bidoof FTW

Untangling my vote from the obvious scum on doof

[#Lynch] Zapmolticuno
because of how casually he took getting voted for. thats... odd... for a newbie.

It's not an uncommon thing for him to do, but you haven't really played many games with him so you wouldn't, therefore I'm not going to judge you on that basis.

Why do I feel like this comment is so savage.

I prefer calling it brutally honest.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I'm saying everything you said about me can be applied to Abby as well so why you're trying to scumread just me is a mystery. Like you could say anything comes off as faux concern in a scum context that's just the way a scum context works. Choosing to read only me as scum is strange here.

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
I'm saying everything you said about me can be applied to Abby as well so why you're trying to scumread just me is a mystery. Like you could say anything comes off as faux concern in a scum context that's just the way a scum context works. Choosing to read only me as scum is strange here.

If we're trying to sleuth out scum, what other frame of context should I use? I read every post first with a scum!context before giving it the benefit of the doubt, and if I get any somewhat substantial observations or theories, I share them. As for how you compare with Abby, hers didn't ring as artificial as your first one did to me, at least.

Why do you feel like you're being "singled out" after one vote? I also posed ideas about Melody possibly being scum as well, so it's not like you were the only one I was observing, and it's not like anyone's created a bandwagon; nor have I advocated for one.​

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I just don't know how a thing v similar to what Abby said, and a thing very similar to what I always say, is indicative of me being scum. Nothing I have done here is unusual for me, whereas Melody is doing something strange over in her corner. And the multiple "random" votes that are doubling down on people. I'm just saying, this line of reasoning isn't very sound.

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
And the question is posed once more: Is a 'Clustered' D1 better than a bandwagoning?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'm going to extend the phase by about 10 hours, as a fair few of you haven't voted yet, and I don't want to keep updating this mother at midnight my time. As such, it should end at 10:00am GMT tomorrow, Enjoy!

Current vote totals, as I forgot to put them in my previous update post:

Bidoof FTW - 2 (Nero, Zapmolticuno)
Nero - 2 (HyperMorian, Johnny)
HyperMorian - 2 (Aquacorde, gimmepie)
Zapmolticuno - 2 (Melody, Uzumaki Naruto)
Uzumaki Naruto - 1 (Pecilia)
Pecilia - 1 (Bardothren)
Aquacorde - 1 (Who's Kiyo?)

Yet to vote: Abby, Bidoof FTW, NightKrow, and Razor Leaf (ugh, that's never going to not confuse me!)

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
I'm personally looking to avoid this four way tie we have at present. Can't say my mind's entirely made up however. I'll have a think and see what's been happening

Years
FoS on Nero because of the "random vote", slight FoS on gimmepie too. It's hard to believe that such a weak explanation from Nero would satisfy gimmepie. I'd like to know Nero's alignment first, therefore [Lynch]Nero.

Don't mistake me for someone assured of Nero's innocence, they've just moved down a spot on my suspect list compared to HyperMorian.

[#Unvote] Bidoof FTW

Untangling my vote from the obvious scum on doof

[#Lynch] Zapmolticuno
because of how casually he took getting voted for. thats... odd... for a newbie.

He's not really that new at this point and considering how frequently he gets voted for it's not that weird for him to not freak out over it.

NightKrow

staying up all night
Years
Sorry I haven't been around, I've actually been having a social life today (shocking, isn't it?)

I've read back over the whole phase and there's a few people who I think might be worth voting:

Melody: First post appeared to have a typing restriction of some sort, but this disappeared in her second post. Either she is town softclaiming her role, or, as Kiyo pointed out, she is scum softclaiming the role that was tailored (if a role was tailored, and if we are correct in saying that the Interpretive Dance Move is a Tailor, and that the Tailor knows the role of the person they tailored.)

Anna: When Kiyo started speculating about Anna being scum and knowing that jd was tailored and that the Hundred is still out there (if that is indeed what happened,) I thought he might be putting a little too much faith in that theory. But then Anna started getting too defensive. I know she's normally pretty defensive, but her posts just read like they were desperately trying to move the attention off of her and onto other people.

Nero: Didn't really like his vote for Bidoof - the way it was unexplained to begin with, then he says he's only voting for Bidoof to preserve himself, not because he has any reason to believe that Bidoof is scum.

HyperMorian: I don't know if this is because he is new (he is new, right?), but forming a bandwagon on the person who was last voted for and then claiming it is a "random" vote isn't inno behaviour. What's more, he didn't even change his vote after being confronted about it, so either he now has reason to believe that Nero is scum and he isn't telling us, or he's somehow content with stacking his "random vote" on someone else's vote.

I don't want to ruin this whole 4-way tie thing that's going on, so I'll [Lynch] Melody.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
anna is defensive bc the only person anna can defend with 100% confidence is herself. in addition to being defensive, anna has also been discussing the potential of others. so idk man i dont get why defending myself at all is "too defensive" or why my points are always invalidated because of being defensive when that is literally part of the game but ok then /throws hands in the air

Last edited:

Melody

Banned
Years
[#Unvote] Zapmolticuno
[#Lynch] Johnny

Well, I think leaving it up to a 4 way tie is risky and I think Pie is probably right in his assessment.

So I consulted the random.org Oracle and returned Johnny.

Honestly NightKrow I think you should view Kiyo's theory with some doubt. You said it yourself that it also mentioned I could be town softing and that was basically what was concurred.

Nero

I like it.
Years
There's not much I can defend myself with here, revealing my role now would be a bad idea, and I really did only vote Bidoof because I value my life right now. Now that there isn't a majority vote on him, I'm going to switch to someone I would actually feel better about voting for.

[#UNVOTE] Bidoof FTW

[#LYNCH] Melody

The tailor theory is certainly odd, but Melody's previous post is too. She didn't address her 'roleclaim', and instead randomly voted for Johnny out of the blue when there are way better suspects right now.

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
While I was doing some research on Aqua in other games, an idea struck me:

[#UNVOTE] Aquacorde
[#LYNCH] Melody

The idea that Melody is softclaiming a role she knows is dead also works if she is the Cult Leader (moreso than my Tailor idea, I think.) Her new follower would be the Snake, leaving her the ability to claim it without fear of a cc. So while I'm not a huge fan of Aqua's reactions, Melody's behavior makes too much sense from a non-inno!Melody angle.​

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
[#LYNCH] Melody

Sorry, but you could have tried to defend yourself if you were town

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years

IW04_H1484405296.png

Night 1

"For a while there, it seemed as though you guys couldn't do some of my moves, but we got there in the end.

"Hey, you, Melody... stop doing that! That's not Pilates. Get out of my class, and never come back. Don't corrupt this great artform with your artlessness! Begone, swine! Namaste to the rest of you. Have a good evening."​

Melody has been lynched. She was the Downward Dog

Spoiler:

Day will last approximately 24 hours and end at 10am GMT tomorrow. Please ensure to get your night actions in time. And namaste to you all!

Rules and Mechanics

1. Please be civil to one another. This is only a game; we're not opening the Ark of the Covenant.
  2. Each day phase will last approximately 48 hours, and each night phase will last approximately 24 hours.
  3. Unless stated, you can't target yourself with your Night Action.
  4. Lynch votes must be written in the format of [#LYNCH] Username. If you want to change your vote, you must use the format [#UNVOTE] Username. Not following this format will result in your vote not being counted.
  5. Votes for a no lynch/abstaining are NOT allowed.
  6. A tied lynch vote will result in a coin toss to determine who gets lynched.
  7. Missing two consecutive lynch votes will result in your removal from the game.
  8. Do not share PMs for any reason. If you do, you will be removed from the game immediately.
  9. All important game conversation should be kept in the game thread, or in any relevant Discord chat.
  10. If you are dead, please stay dead. Don't post or 'like' any new posts. You do get to post a single "death post" that may not contain any game-related information.
  11. Posting in the night phase is not allowed, unless stated otherwise.
  12. Any questions? I'm all ears. PM or message me on Discord (Mr Cat Dog#8817), please.
  13. Have fun! Yes, this is a rule.
The Movements

Mr Cat Dog as the Instructor​

Abby as ???
Pecilia as ???
Zapmolticuno as ???
Bardothren as ???
Nero as ???
NightKrow as ???
jdthebud as the Hundred
Aquacorde as ???
gimmepie as ???