• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pilates Mafia

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years

• IW04_H1484405296.png

Day 2

"All right class, let's begin. You'll notice that I've taken down those Chinese New Year posters from the waiting room. It's about time, too. It may be the year of the Snake, but we don't need that corrupting Asian influence looking at us wherever we bend and stretch. I still feel a bit of oriental energy floating around, but that's nothing that a good plank or gymnast can't fix!"​

Bardothren has been killed. He was a Student of Falun Gong.

Spoiler:

Day will last approximately 48 hours and end at 10am GMT on Thursday 9 February. Please ensure to cast your lynch votes in time. And remember: the mind, when housed within a healthful body, possesses a glorious sense of power.

Rules and Mechanics

1. Please be civil to one another. This is only a game; we're not opening the Ark of the Covenant.
    2. Each day phase will last approximately 48 hours, and each night phase will last approximately 24 hours.
    3. Unless stated, you can't target yourself with your Night Action.
    4. Lynch votes must be written in the format of [#LYNCH] Username. If you want to change your vote, you must use the format [#UNVOTE] Username. Not following this format will result in your vote not being counted.
    5. Votes for a no lynch/abstaining are NOT allowed.
    6. A tied lynch vote will result in a coin toss to determine who gets lynched.
    7. Missing two consecutive lynch votes will result in your removal from the game.
    8. Do not share PMs for any reason. If you do, you will be removed from the game immediately.
    9. All important game conversation should be kept in the game thread, or in any relevant Discord chat.
    10. If you are dead, please stay dead. Don't post or 'like' any new posts. You do get to post a single "death post" that may not contain any game-related information.
    11. Posting in the night phase is not allowed, unless stated otherwise.
    12. Any questions? I'm all ears. PM or message me on Discord (Mr Cat Dog#8817), please.
    13. Have fun! Yes, this is a rule.
    The Movements

Mr Cat Dog as the Instructor​

Abby as ???
    Pecilia as ???
    2dthebud as ???
    Bardothren as a Student of Falun Gong
    Nero as ???
    NightKrow as ???
    jdthebud as the Hundred
    Aquacorde as ???
    gimmepie as ???
    Who's Kiyo? as ???
    Johnny as ???
    Razor Leaf as ???
    HyperMorian as ???
    Uzumaki Naruto as ???
    Melody as the Downward Dog
    Bidoof FTW as ???

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Considering that it's the year of the chicken, I'd say that the snake was put there for a reason.

It's actually the year of the cock, to be specific

Anyway, It seems the snake role either has relevance to bard or Melody, more likely Bard's previous role.

There wasssss that thing where Melody sssstarted talking like thissss though:/

Years
  • It's actually the year of the cock, to be specific

Anyway, It seems the snake role either has relevance to bard or Melody, more likely Bard's previous role.

There wasssss that thing where Melody sssstarted talking like thissss though:/

That was us being fucked with though I assume.
    I'd say it's pretty clear Bard had the snake role before conversion.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • But Melody wouldn't have known that, would she? The Snake is town, and the cult doesn't talk to maf. If the Snake was a role that could choose sides I guess she could have known, but then it wouldn't have been adamantly listed as town. And if we're thinking Melody could've gotten bit by the Snake n0 or smthn, then who's to say that was Bard at all?

Last edited:

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • 6 messages over 24 hours is a bit worrying, we can't function properly without stuff to discuss.

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • Going just go on a hunch, I think Anna may be scum after reading some of the previous posts. [Vote]Aquacorde. If someone has anything else to go on, now would be the time.

Years
  • But Melody wouldn't have known that, would she? The Snake is town, and the cult doesn't talk to maf. If the Snake was a role that could choose sides I guess she could have known, but then it wouldn't have been adamantly listed as town. And if we're thinking Melody could've gotten bit by the Snake n0 or smthn, then who's to say that was Bard at all?

The phase post made it pretty clear that Bard was the Snake. If I had to guess, a mafia role was able to give them the info they need somehow or she was claiming a role early for her sake and figured the worst case scenario was they baited them out. I don't think she was bitten or anything because she dropped the elongated "s" sound after one post.

Going just go on a hunch, I think Anna may be scum after reading some of the previous posts. [Vote]Aquacorde. If someone has anything else to go on, now would be the time.

Other than HyperMorian's odd move yesterday, no. Anna does feel off to me, but we have something more concrete on HyperMorian. It makes me uncertain, I'm going to go for HyperMorian though. Not sure it's the right move here, but I feel weird following your hunch.

[Lynch] HyperMorian

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • The reason I decided not to go for Hyper was because of a sort of softclaim, but after seeing him just go with my bait vote to get a ball rolling right away I'm having second thoughts.

[Unvote] Aquacorde
    [Lynch]HyperMorian

Years
  • He is new player so its somewhat obvious for them to follow a veteran player, i might be wrong but still I'm not voting for him...

[Lynch]BidoofFTW

doof is soo quiet so my vote...

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years
  • Not really going to bring up on how obscure and vague the role list for myself, I simply know nothing outside from observing and following the other to do their acts. I have no leads and all I can do is to vote since we're encouraged to not abstain, meanwhile the others started to point their index fingers into someone that followed their move after the initial hunch of well placed words with no exact proof at all. I already did my roleclaim yesterday, was it not enough to at least prove my innocence other than the dying option?

Actually, I'm just confused. Confused by how the roles of the dead contradicting with the function of other roles (I'm not sure how Tailor works or who's being the Snake at this point, but somehow we managed to get their leader) and who to follow since I can neither support anyone outside from day votes. I can't investigate, I can't do cool things like protecting someone or anything similar to it. I don't know who's good and who's bad, I'm just merely following the majority and that's just it.

By the way, my lynching simply results in vote loss for the Pilates. Even if I was spared today, they wouldn't bother visiting me or even killing me as it will arouse more suspicion for themselves since I was made a suspect in the first place.

You can still suspect me and do it right now, then feel "oh" in the next day. My vote still remains, however.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Going just go on a hunch, I think Anna may be scum after reading some of the previous posts. [Vote]Aquacorde. If someone has anything else to go on, now would be the time.
    Anything specific on Anna's posts? That being said, you don't sound confident that she is scum if you change your vote immediately.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • "Will kill anyone who visits them during the night.
    Sided with the Pilates."

Does This sound familiar to you Hyper? If so, therole Is commonly called a Granny

Years
  • What's concrete about Hypermorian? As I see it he's just a newbie following along, he doesn't seem to have a hidden agenda, if anything we should have a null read on him.

I never said it was the most solid evidence ever, but I need to vote and I've got more on HyperMorian than I do on Anna. HyperMorian very much looked to be trying to get a wagon going on Nero, you could argue I was too, but to blindly follow my call and call it "random" - I don't think so. It might have been a bad move definitely, but I don't like the idea of giving a free pass just because they're new. Remember what happened when everyone decided to give Anna a free pass in His Return? Did not end well.

I'm not going to tell anyone to vote the same as me, but I'm going to keep the pressure on until I see something more solid from someone to jump on. Especially because I don't really want to follow Pecilia just based on a hunch. Way too easy for a mafia to get an easy wagon going and them claim "Well I said it was just a hunch" and it wouldn't be the first time Pecilia has conned the town.

I think you're correct about Krow, Kiyo and Nero. They're probably the least likely to be maf-sided.
    I have null-reads on pretty much everyone else. I think it's kind of funny that Desi voted Doof2 citing his inactivity when he hasn't really contributed any more himself though.

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • Hey man, from my understanding a silent town is best for mafia, someone had to bite the bullet so we could get somewhere with reads.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    First of all, she intentionally dragged the S on her first post and evaded answering anything related to it and let others speculate about her role. You wouldn't know if you're the miller, so there's no way she was hinting at her role, so why did she do that and never answered? Easy, she was thinking about the late game; in games were roles are revealed upon death, the mafia struggles when it comes the time to role reveal, so... She thought that if she survived long enough and someone else claimed the Snake and she had to counterclaim, she could back up her claim by referring us back to her first post where she dragged the S.

I'm going to subscribe to the theory that Melody was actually the Downward Dog. On epicmafia, and I quote, the Miller: "Appears as villager to self" as Johnny has pointed out, so unless the role acts a little differently here, shouldn't the Snake not know they're the Snake? A scum!Melody might have figured this by looking at the epicmafia description and claimed Snake because she knew the actual Snake wouldn't know to cc her, and if you believe the TailoredCopDeath!1stjdthebud theory like I do, she tried to claim Snake so the still alive cop wouldn't be able to trust any night reads on her. I think her actions yesterday only prove that the cop is among us, and the fact they haven't come out with anything is because they haven't found anything substantial yet.

Converted Snake thingy perhaps?

These ideas only support the above idea, or at least I hope it would be more than just flavor text and that Cat Dog isn't just being a tongue-in-cheek prick.

On HyperMorian -- He seems genuinely confused to me, and I feel like a newbie would be asking questions about their role and seeking advice in the way he is on a scumchat rather than out in the open like this. I don't like how he has a tendency to latch onto bandwagons and only expresses himself deeply when he's being scumread, but I have trouble wrapping my head around a mafia being this openly confused.​

Back