• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pilates Mafia

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years

IW04_H1484405296.png

Introduction

You guys really want a detailed plot synopsis for something called 'Pilates Mafia'? This really should be enough:

Screen_Shot_2017_01_13_at_08_37_49.png

Pilates Mafia now, Christos!

But fine. Here's something: In the early twentieth century, Joseph Pilates (JP) developed an eponymous system of exercises which were intended to strengthen the human mind and body. JP believed that mental and physical health were interrelated. In his youth, JP had practiced many of the physical training regimes available in Germany, and it was from these he developed his own work.

JP accompanied his method with a piece of equipment called the Reformer which was designed to help accelerate the process of stretching, strengthening, body alignment and increased core strength. Pilates is currently practised by over 11 million people around the world... but is now in danger!

The evil forces of yoga, tai chi, gymnastics and interpretive dance have sent their best recruits into the PokéCommunity Pilates Studio with a view to wiping the discipline off the map, one studio at a time. And Falun Gong has sailed in from China, with a different view for victory. The Pilates movements need to determine which moves are approved movements and which are out to destroy them.
Outline

For those new to Mafia, here's the sitch. Everyone is split into factions: the uninformed majority (the Innocents) against the informed minority (the Mafia). The aim of the game is simple: the Innocents must try and identify and kill all the Mafia players concealed among them whilst the Mafia try to become the majority in the game, outnumbering the Innocents to win. Complicating matters are a third party who have their own win conditions.

The game has two phases, day and night. During the night phase, this thread will be considered "locked" and no one can post in the thread. The Mafia, however, can talk in a dedicated Discord chat to decide who gets killed in that night. At the start of the day phase, the player that the Mafia chose to kill will be announced, and everyone tries to determine who is a Mafia member. However, during the day, the Mafia are hidden within the Innocents, trying to steer their vote away from themselves. At the end of the day, the lynch target is confirmed, their role is revealed and the night phase starts again.

At the start of the game, roles will be randomly assigned to players. In this game, detailed role descriptions will not be given in the below text. Instead, I will gave vague, new-agey descriptions of the roles, and people will learn further details about their own roles and night actions (if relevant) in the PM that I share with them at the start of the game. Upon death, the full role PM of the relevant player will be revealed.

For more information about Mafia in general, please read this very helpful guide produced by Salzorrah/gunner.
Pilates movements

These movements represent the true movements of Pilates and act as the innocent, uninformed majority in this game. They win when all of their enemies are defeated.

The Hundred
The staple of core strength, providing insight where other moves don't.

The Plank
Steady as a rock, and able to help others withstand turmoil.

The Side Plank
Funny how a 90 degree shifting can unlock such ab-tastic power.

The Roll Up
As it rolls up, all will bow to the almighty power of its core strength.

The Shoulder Bridge
The closest to experiencing mental nirvana.

The Snake
Though it may appear shifty, it really is a Pilates movement.

The Gymnast
From its low vantage point, it has a clearer view of the studio.

The Frog
Those quads sure are powerful. Better hope they don't strike at the wrong time.

The Elephant
Wow, what a big trunk you have. I wonder what you could do with it?

The Neutral Spine
Cool, calm and collected; naturally where our bodies go to.
Movements of Evil

The below movements are NOT part of Pilates, and are the Mafia in this game. They have infiltrated the Pilates studio to destroy the true movements from within. They win when they outnumber everyone else.

The Downward Dog
This yoga classic is the leader of the Movements of Evil, and appears similar to a number of common stretches across disciplines.

The White Crane Spreads Wings
The stillness of this tai chi move makes other stop and stare in awe and wonder.

The Interpretive Dance Move
This movement can make other moves a-flutter at night, making them seem not what they appear.

The Pull Up
This staple of gymnastics provides the Movements of Evil with that extra bit of strength.
Third party

This third party role has its own devious way of winning the game.

Falun Gong
Notoriously persecuted in China, Falun Gong hopes to spread its word not through destruction, but through conversion.
Rules and Mechanics

1. Please be civil to one another. This is only a game; we're not opening the Ark of the Covenant.
  2. Each day phase will last approximately 48 hours, and each night phase will last approximately 24 hours.
  3. Unless stated, you can't target yourself with your Night Action.
  4. Lynch votes must be written in the format of [#LYNCH] Username. If you want to change your vote, you must use the format [#UNVOTE] Username. Not following this format will result in your vote not being counted.
  5. Votes for a no lynch/abstaining are NOT allowed.
  6. A tied lynch vote will result in a coin toss to determine who gets lynched.
  7. Missing two consecutive lynch votes will result in your removal from the game.
  8. Do not share PMs for any reason. If you do, you will be removed from the game immediately.
  9. All important game conversation should be kept in the game thread, or in any relevant Discord chat.
  10. If you are dead, please stay dead. Don't post or 'like' any new posts. You do get to post a single "death post" that may not contain any game-related information.
  11. Posting in the night phase is not allowed, unless stated otherwise.
  12. Any questions? I'm all ears. PM or message me on Discord (Mr Cat Dog#8817), please.
  13. Have fun! Yes, this is a rule.
The Movements

Mr Cat Dog as the Instructor​

Abby as ???
Pecilia as ???
Zapmolticuno as ???
Bardothren as ???
Nero as ???
NightKrow as ???
jdthebud as ???
Aquacorde as ???
gimmepie as ???
Who's Kiyo? as ???
Johnny as ???
hashtag as ???
HyperMorian as ???
Uzumaki Naruto as ???
Melody as ???
Bidoof FTW as ???

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Everyone's added, except Harry, to which :(. It would be nice if I could get at least 5 more people, so I don't have to cut roles again. If you enjoyed Pop Culture Asylum, I have a feeling you'll like this one also!

Also, welcome to all the members of staff I caught viewing this thread a few days ago! You're more than welcome to join also. :D

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
A word from the game's founder emeritus:

Screen_Shot_2017_01_31_at_22_11_35.png

So, there's that. Anyhoo, everyone has been added. I'll probably close sign ups in about 48 hours, as that's when I'll be less busy with work, so there's still time for people to start stretching and flexing and bending and all that. Fun times!

Back