• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pilates Mafia

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • I dunno man, I played openly confused maf in His Return when I was new and that worked pretty well. Only works when you're new too so best to take advantage of that lol. Don't like the way he piles on the votes either but even tho I'm in here saying that I'm also far too trusting of people and am currently a bit worried about hastag's vote-n-run .3.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • giphy.gif

... so we lynchin' or wut?

I was thinking of placing a vote back on Aqua, but research on her behavior isn't really leading to anything conclusive that she's scum in this game (at least that I could find) and the two people who have votes on her aren't smelling all that particularly fresh if you get my meaning, and it'd be weird to bus a fellow scum!Aqua like that.

The day phase is ending real soon (at least from my perspective, since Cat Dog ends phases 5AM my time and I'll be asleep by then) so I'll throw a [#LYNCH] HyperMorian down on the table and see if its sticks to anything good. Looking through the thread to justify my feeling that he's genuinely confused, I've slowly grown distrusting. He hasn't been the best at defending himself, only vaguely alluding to a granny-esc role which I can't find much backing to within the role list -- and I quote from post #61 -- "I believe I'm part of the Pilates," which is a weird thing to say when he should have a PM describing all his powers and his allegiance thoroughly. And on second thought, if he really did have questions about what he could do, or on other powers, or wanted tips on how to play mafia, he could ask Cat Dog privately or click the epicmafia link Abby provided; the confused demeanor seems more and more plausible as an act. His death might be very telling about people who he latched onto (if scum) or people who strongly advocated against him (if inno.)​

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years
  • (That granny role resembles Veteran if I were to interpret it. But no, actually my role is a Bulletproof which means any killer who visited me will just waste their night actions since I need to take a total of 2 hits to actually die during nights.)

Maybe next time I should get to reading for the list of roles to better understand it. There are just so many that I only get half of the listed roles in this game.

I'm indeed confused, being silent isn't going to lead anything well and being hasty will also lead the same. My reasoning itself is already weak that the others will simply cite me as the 'scum' among us. Also, I don't think being a newbie will grant any perks on being less suspicious, especially when I'm quite hasty at doing things which is a no surprise that I did it earlier after one of them puts their own hunch.

Don't be blinded by that past experience. I'm not like what you think and a free pass won't matter much either. If you've got anyone to confirm my role then drop down the votes and do it, which is something most of us won't do knowing that I might be lying or simply baiting. Again, I'm not the granny but the other one I stated above. You're just benefitting the mafia at this point for exposing myself way too much that I felt it's one of the most unwisest move that has been done today. If you still decide to not believe me, feel free if my lynching gives you any good since I had little to defend my innocence aside from roleclaiming and that.

bends

By the way, changing vote since I'm not being suspicious of anyone but how about the one who only watched?
    [#UNVOTE] Aquacorde
    #LYNCH] BidoofFTW

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • HyperMorian's claim is confusing to me given that he didn't claim his role name as it's not at all clear which Pilates movement could be a BP. Not to mention he's been inconsistent, so I'm down with lynching him.

[Vote] HyperMorian

Nero

I like it.
    Years
  • I'm still not really sold on Hypermorian being maf, but it looks like the ball is already rolling. There aren't really any other leads I'm entirely sold on either, unfortunately, so let's see how this goes.

[#LYNCH] HyperMorian

Last edited:

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • I'm guessing it also helps it clear him later, if he doesn't die tonight hyper'll claim bp

[#LYNCH][HyperMorian

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
  • I'm not 100% sold on this but last time I gave a newbie a free pass for being new they ended up as maf anyway, plus HyperMorian hasn't actually said which Pilates movement he is yet, so [Lynch] HyperMorian

I guess Desi has a point about Doof, but we can't be sure that inactivity means he's scummy. If he doesn't pop up soon he might get replaced anyway.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • mm I really need to stop being so trusting? im still like "oh maybe hes just bad at defending cause he's new" but. if he wasn't new i'd be thinking he's scum by now so... [Lynch] HyperMorian

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • Sorry, haven't been on PC much as of late, but I'll make sure to catch up for this lynch and for the night phase.

EDIT: I don't really understand scum!hyper so I'm going to vote off of that for now

[Lynch] Hashtag

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years

• IW04_H1484405296.png

Night 2

The class were looking at HyperMorian with suspicion. Though he'd only started Pilates a few days ago, there was something not quite right about him. After a brief huddle, the class decided to give him the side-eye and send him on his merry way. HyperMorian's response?

"Been there, done that, messed around; I'm having fun, don't put me down. I'll never let you sweep me off my feet. I won't let you in again; the messages I've tried to send: my information's just not going in. Burning bridges shore to shore, I'll break away from something more. I'm not turned on to love until it's cheap. Been there, done that, messed around; I'm having fun; don't put me down. I'll never let you sweep me off my feet. This time, baby, I'll be bulletproof. This time, baby, I'll be bulletproof."

And with that, he dropped the mic he'd magically acquired and left the studio.​

HyperMorian has been lynched. He was the Side Plank.

Spoiler:

Night will last approximately 24 hours and end at 10pm GMT on Friday 10 February. Please ensure to get your NAs to me in time. And remember: educate your mind to understand your body.

Rules and Mechanics

1. Please be civil to one another. This is only a game; we're not opening the Ark of the Covenant.
    2. Each day phase will last approximately 48 hours, and each night phase will last approximately 24 hours.
    3. Unless stated, you can't target yourself with your Night Action.
    4. Lynch votes must be written in the format of [#LYNCH] Username. If you want to change your vote, you must use the format [#UNVOTE] Username. Not following this format will result in your vote not being counted.
    5. Votes for a no lynch/abstaining are NOT allowed.
    6. A tied lynch vote will result in a coin toss to determine who gets lynched.
    7. Missing two consecutive lynch votes will result in your removal from the game.
    8. Do not share PMs for any reason. If you do, you will be removed from the game immediately.
    9. All important game conversation should be kept in the game thread, or in any relevant Discord chat.
    10. If you are dead, please stay dead. Don't post or 'like' any new posts. You do get to post a single "death post" that may not contain any game-related information.
    11. Posting in the night phase is not allowed, unless stated otherwise.
    12. Any questions? I'm all ears. PM or message me on Discord (Mr Cat Dog#8817), please.
    13. Have fun! Yes, this is a rule.
    The Movements

Mr Cat Dog as the Instructor​

Abby as ???
    Pecilia as ???
    2dthebud as ???
    Bardothren as a Student of Falun Gong
    Nero as ???
    NightKrow as ???
    jdthebud as the Hundred
    Aquacorde as ???
    gimmepie as ???
    Who's Kiyo? as ???
    Johnny as ???
    hashtag as ???
    HyperMorian as the Side Plank
    Uzumaki Naruto as ???
    Melody as the Downward Dog
    Bidoof FTW as ???

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years

• IW04_H1484405296.png

Day 3

"Welcome, class! I noticed a lot of you following one particular member out the door yesterday evening. I'm not sure what you'll get out of that; Pilates is all about individuality and inner self! With that said, there are fewer and fewer of you with each passing day, so maybe it is better to stick together...

"Anyway, let's start a bit differently today: let's all take a deep breath in through the nose, out through the mouth, and roll up to reach the heavens.

"Hmm. First the hundred, and now this! You guys need to really work on your core strength! Luckily, that's why you're here. Now let's go."​

Aquacorde has been killed. She was the Roll Up.

Spoiler:

Day will last approximately 48 hours and end at 10pm GMT on Sunday 12 February. Please ensure to cast your lynch votes before the deadline. And remember: I can't think of any more Pilates catchphrases...

Rules and Mechanics

1. Please be civil to one another. This is only a game; we're not opening the Ark of the Covenant.
    2. Each day phase will last approximately 48 hours, and each night phase will last approximately 24 hours.
    3. Unless stated, you can't target yourself with your Night Action.
    4. Lynch votes must be written in the format of [#LYNCH] Username. If you want to change your vote, you must use the format [#UNVOTE] Username. Not following this format will result in your vote not being counted.
    5. Votes for a no lynch/abstaining are NOT allowed.
    6. A tied lynch vote will result in a coin toss to determine who gets lynched.
    7. Missing two consecutive lynch votes will result in your removal from the game.
    8. Do not share PMs for any reason. If you do, you will be removed from the game immediately.
    9. All important game conversation should be kept in the game thread, or in any relevant Discord chat.
    10. If you are dead, please stay dead. Don't post or 'like' any new posts. You do get to post a single "death post" that may not contain any game-related information.
    11. Posting in the night phase is not allowed, unless stated otherwise.
    12. Any questions? I'm all ears. PM or message me on Discord (Mr Cat Dog#8817), please.
    13. Have fun! Yes, this is a rule.
    The Movements

Mr Cat Dog as the Instructor​

Abby as ???
    Pecilia as ???
    2dthebud as ???
    Bardothren as a Student of Falun Gong
    Nero as ???
    NightKrow as ???
    jdthebud as the Hundred
    Aquacorde as the Roll Up
    gimmepie as ???
    Who's Kiyo? as ???
    Johnny as ???
    hashtag as ???
    HyperMorian as the Side Plank
    Uzumaki Naruto as ???
    Melody as the Downward Dog
    Bidoof FTW as ???

Last edited:
    Years
  • We'll miss you Anna.

So, do we know what our remaining roles actually do? I think working that out is going to be essential if we want to stay ahead. The Plank is probably a doctor, the Frog a vigilante and The Gymnast a watcher or tracker for the town (The Neutral Spines are 'Nilla). The Interpretive Dance Move is probably a Tailor, The Crane a Hooker and The Pull UP a Strongman. We know what the cult is.

So, the only ones we really don't know are townsided at least; The elephant and The Shoulder Bridge.

I'm tempted to suggest claiming but we still have a doctor and most of the players so that's a bad idea.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • We'll miss you Anna.

So, do we know what our remaining roles actually do? I think working that out is going to be essential if we want to stay ahead. The Plank is probably a doctor, the Frog a vigilante and The Gymnast a watcher or tracker for the town (The Neutral Spines are 'Nilla). The Interpretive Dance Move is probably a Tailor, The Crane a Hooker and The Pull UP a Strongman. We know what the cult is.

So, the only ones we really don't know are townsided at least; The elephant and The Shoulder Bridge.

I'm tempted to suggest claiming but we still have a doctor and most of the players so that's a bad idea.
    Not to mention the cult is still around and they can claim previous roles, so that won't help with them. I don't think we are at the claiming stage yet.

Do you have any scum reads to put forth? I'm a bit wary of Pecilia now given that Anna died, but that probably has too much WIFOM possibilities so it's not a strong suspicion.

Also, I know we have generally excluded a few people from being scum based on the Melody lynch, but that doesn't mean they weren't the cult leader.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Perhaps it was an attempt to Frame Pecilia though:/

Ugh this is too hard without contributions;;

Back