• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stereotypes about your country or area

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    Stereotypes about your country or area

pkmin3033

All British people love fish and chips, drink a lot of tea, are very polite and reserved, and depending on our upbringing all speak like Bert from Mary Poppins or a member of the royal family. There are no other accents. Nope.

I think after Brexit we've probably acquired the stereotype of all being stuck-up and blaming all our problems on immigration, too...

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    "Dutch people are stingy!"/Going Dutch

Absolutely true 10/10, at least I'm not superbly broke.

Dutch people ride bicycles everywhere

Also true, and my legs are thicc.

Dutch people are good at ice skating because they skate to family members

We laughed at this theory.

Dutch people all smoke pot

Nah, that's the tourists (stop polluting our capital with that disgusting smell btw!!).

"Dutch people are very direct"

We are, but after being in Spain for a month I realize there are different kinds of being direct, and that the Dutch people are at least friendly when they tell you you are a dumb shit.

That's all I got so far.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I stereotype my direct area all the time.

I'm surrounded by sister-humping rednecks who have rusting 70s pick up trucks half apart in front of their trailer that has a giant American Flag hanging from it. Sitting on their porch dippin (But only longcut), with those giant $1.49 piss-beers from the local gas station in one hand and a double barrel shotty in the other listening to NASCAR on the radio and yelling about how blacks are taking over this country.

Sadly it's not a stereotype, it's the reality.

Oh course the rep for the greater area is the normal Boston stuff wicked pissah ah yeah tell mahgret to get in the cah by the pahk at the hahbah etc etc go sox!

And as a country, It's summed up by a double skinny mocha latte from starbucks #BasicWhiteBitch stuff.

Netflix n' Chill kk?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Oh we are the famous "Is Singapore part of China?".'
    Please no please, please don't associate Singapore with China, please don't associate Singaporean Chinese with the Chinese in China.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I'm just going to start with my area or state since I'm sure everyone knows that at this point, my country (US) is pretty much gone to hell because of mister asshat.

Anyway, most people think that Arizona is all desert. This is actually not true. Arizona has places higher up in the mountains. Take Flagstaff for example. It snows up there at times, and the weather is very similar to how the weather is in Maine, where I was born and raised until about twelvish. I don't live in Flagstaff or higher in the mountains. I do live near some that are called the Superstition Mountains (seriously, look them up... and kudos if you can find the story of the missing Lost Dutchman's Mine myth thing). I'm not going to expose my location too much... but yeah.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • Everyone thinks we're all polite, all drink coffee, and all play hockey up here. I'm pretty happy with these stereotypes.

I see you're a Leafs fan, eh? I'm more a Habs and Jets person myself, but good luck to all our hockey teams; it would be nice to see the cup in maple land again. Also, wouldn't grabbing a double-double and timbits at Tims, to celebrate the start of the regular hockey season, be swell? It's too bad they don't serve something with maple syrup though, a hearty pancake and maple breakfast would make us hardier in the face of the upcoming bitter cold. Speaking of Winter, I hope the damns the beavers have made along the creek don't cause flooding come the melt (implying the snow actually melts, of course). Though, if the cold months don't come to end, at least it'll continue to be plaid season. Actually though, plaid is always in vogue, so you can disregard my previous comment. I guess that means the one good thing about a long Winter would be that the moose don't mind it and the mosquitoes do. Sacré bleu zeh moustiques sont horrible, after all.

Okay, I'm done now, and I'm still probably missing a stereotype of two, but that's the gist of it. And, although I actually don't like the Leafs, I can say that comment about having the Cup in the hands of ANY igloo-inhabiting hockey team would be nice. But I guess that's just the polite coming out, haha *snowball'd*

Back