• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stereotypes about your country or area

IRON NIDOW

I'm a talking dog
    Years
    Stereotypes about your country or area

Lemonski

Is already coming for your pizza
    Years
    All Finns are naturally antisocial and never talk to anyone.
    While waiting for a bus at the bus stop there can be only one person under the shelter, even if it's raining. Every person must have at least one meter of personal space in public, but going to sauna together while completely naked is all fine.

Years
    We all live on the coast and surf while smoking weed and eating Mexican food in the middle of earthquakes, dude. It's hella dope.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
    It's always cold, we always either say we are from Detroit even if we aren't (because pretty much everyone knows where Detroit is or has heard of it) or say how many minutes away from Detroit we live, and we can point to a spot on our hand to show where we live

Zenithios

To live and not to breathe is to die in tragedy
    Years
    Everytime our country is mentioned in international news, everyone flips out of their mind. (Philippines bro.)

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    - I do not have a pet kangaroo / I don't ride my kangaroo to work
    - We never say "throw a shrimp on the barbie". pls we call them prawns and tbh they're better boiled than barbequed
    - We can't all surf
    - When I've gone overseas before people have asked "if you're from Australia, why aren't you white?" Mean Girls moment lol but yeah we're not all white
    - We don't all live in the bush

However we do drink a lot, swear a lot, and have a slang word for everything

Years
    Igloos, Eskimos, snow, maple syrup, poutine, milk in a bag, we're all polite, the list goes on... they have VERY varying degrees of truth.

Years
    - I do not have a pet kangaroo / I don't ride my kangaroo to work
    - We never say "throw a shrimp on the barbie". pls we call them prawns and tbh they're better boiled than barbequed
    - We can't all surf
    - When I've gone overseas before people have asked "if you're from Australia, why aren't you white?" Mean Girls moment lol but yeah we're not all white
    - We don't all live in the bush

However we do drink a lot, swear a lot, and have a slang word for everything

I mean, obviously the white thing never happened to me but THANK YOU.

Back