• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your current writing projects~

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • I couldn't find the other thread on this. That's why I decided to recreate it! ^^;

Anyway, what are you currently writing right now? Tell us about your projects as much as you can! :3

My current project is a story I discovered in my early 20s. At the time, I was very ignorant and dumb about disabilities when I wrote it before. So, I'm trying to redo the story and make it better. It's about the lives of two twin boys. They grow up and learn a lot of things etc. Yeah, I'm still trying to remember my details from way back when I was 20ish tbh. ;w; I feel really proud of this story too!

Years
  • My primary solo writing projects write now are Stairway to Heaven here, a children's picture book and a novel I'm four chapters into.

The picture book is actually complete and awaiting printing. I don't want to say too much about it here, but it's essentially a story about learning the value of companionship and the importance of it even in a life where you can have whatever you want.

My novel, which I also can't share too much about, is an urban fantasy dystopia in which at some point in the Earth's history, it was taken over by angels who now dictate the laws of most of the planet. It's much more complicated than that brief summary, but giving any more details than this would spoil the story too much and there's a chance someone here could end up reading it one day.

The last project is Stairway to Heaven, my Pokemon fic here. It's essentially a somewhat an exploration of the life of a Pokemon trainer, the struggles they face and the lengths some will go to for success following a naive new trainer through a custom region. I try to look at things from angles you won't get in existing Pokemon media.

Bay

Years
  • My main project at the moment is Foul Play. Basically about Unova Elite 4's Grimsley taking a holiday in Alola, him meeting with Nanu and several other characters, and getting slightly roped into stuff with Team Skull and Aether. Or I like to call it, "Grimsley and Nanu become best bros." I currently have about 14/15 chapters written, so I have a bit of a backlog now. I started on some prewritten material back in March 2017, so I hope I'll be able to finish the story this or next year.

Another project I'm thinking of going back to is an Ace Attorney fic called In Sheep's Clothing. It's kinda about the life and times of one of the main characters in the 6th game, Spirit of Justice. I actually finished a draft in 2017, but didn't post it yet because at the time I wasn't happy with the pacing and characterization. I recently reread it a few weeks ago, and essentially it's better I break the story into smaller pieces than as one longform story, maybe expand on a scene or two. Gonna polish the story up a bit and then perhaps give it to a beta and post it!

I'm also thinking of doing a few shorter stories here and there, but whether I'll get to them is another story heh.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    My current projects are one set in a complicated fantasy/steampunk world based on a peculiar multiverse theory and some magic that follows strict rules, and another one that is meant to be more of a superpowers and character study. But the latter is also set in a vast, complicated world and I hope to write in several exhilarating plot twists that the reader ideally would have first half-guessed but then discarded, only to then say "i KNEW IT!! omg really??" :3 I love doing that, but it's really difficult to not be too predictable.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • >implying I'm actually writing

Prose-wise, the three projects I'm currently working on are a Gates to Infinity-related ficlet which would be my second foray into PMD, a rewrite of my Serebii story Built for Risk because I promised it in 2016 lol, and a small story centered on Cobalion because Deers deserve the screentime. Out of prose, I'm working on some material for the wiki and a treatise on how the Nidoran colony featured in Silly Human... and Tricks of the Love Fast functions and organizes.

I do have two other more undefined projects on the planning desk but they are still too undefined for me to even be sure what will they be about.

gimmepie said:
    The last project is Stairway to Heaven, my Pokemon fic here. It's essentially a somewhat an exploration of the life of a Pokemon trainer,
    and Nidoran screentime~
    How is that one going and how does the writing process for it compare to that novel you mention?

adventure said:
    My current projects are one set in a complicated fantasy/steampunk world based on a peculiar multiverse theory and some magic
    That I hope goes well! Is it based on the cool multiverse theory or on one of the lesser cool multiverse theories? How much do you work up the magic + science aspect there?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    More like taking the "magic is science" approach :)

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    To which of my dozens of projects are you referring? Because there are too many. It's quite... Scattered, my current portfolio. Even narrowing it down to purely original stories, I have several big projects and a handful of smaller ones in mind. The bigger projects have been worked on a bit more, paradoxically. I'd say Annie's story and Six's story are the two that I'm working on the most. They are two stories set in the same universe, unlike my other bigger projects which all are in their own worlds, be them ours or alien. So, um, I guess I'll talk about Annie and Six a bit.

Since they're in the same world, they have the same important components. The continent on which they live is ruled mostly by two powerhouses, The Kinship and The Restoration. They are quite similar outwardly, but very, very different to those on the inside. War rages between these two factions, with other smaller factions on the side. The biggest of the smallest is Mist Tree, who is constantly trying to stay out of war with The Restoration but they are unfortunately situated directly South of Restoration territory. Mist Tree is pretty secretive and private and not many people in the public know much about them.

Annie's story comes from a background of The Kinship, wherein she learns that, although they have great technology, knowledge, and amenities, are quite racist toward mutantkind. All mutants -- Reptiles, Halflings, Gasmasks, and even those with minor mutations -- are unclean and inferior. Annie becomes the outcast activist trying to help especially Reptilians due to her past event involving [redacted]. She decides to leave after years and years of learning their ways and rising in rank in their military, and escapes, leaving behind her friends (Varkas and Talya) and family (Rogue and Em).

Now out in the Outside, Annie meets a bunch of colorful characters and gets deep in the social politics of the People vs the Mutants vs the Factions. She also winds up going on ridiculously dangerous adventures because she loves experiencing the mutated, crazy world around her (including a strong desire to explore the dual moons and rings around the world caused by the cataclysmic [redacted]). And she falls in love with a grumpy Reptile named Wilfred, who is a whole two paragraphs himself, haha.

I didn't even get to Six, but this feels so long already... xD And Six has an entire town of characters around her as well as a crazy backstory. I guess if anyone's interested in any of this, I'll go into more detail, but I'll leave my wall of text as is for now. :P

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)
    Years
  • Anyway, what are you currently writing right now? Tell us about your projects as much as you can! :3

hehehehehehe
    Well, my current writing project is a story called "Shattered Crests" that will be a 10 book series that spans over the course of 7 years with several "plotlines" going on till we reach the conclusion. I have several aims for this fanfic book including but not limited to:
    Making a unique world with a PMD-esque design but not the world of PMD,
    Have depth in not just my protagonists but many others,
    Introduce interesting dilemmas, perspectives, philosophy, and views in this,
    Create a realistic like place where characters and even normal folks feel and act real,
    A well imaginative mechanical battle system that revolves less on the original inspiration and more on the creativity and ingenuinty of the mons using moves and battle things,
    Create a unique lore attributed to relations of deep things and complex characters,
    And overall practice and place a lot of things that help the reader take what they wish to take from this telling of the journy of these characters.

So far I'm only in book 1, but thankfull I know what I plan to do and where I plan to conclude.
    I'm really aiming for this story to be less fanficcyness for the sake of that and more of a out of place concept which happens to be a pokemon AU-esque story that's deeper in more areas.

At least, that's what I'm aiming for and so far what's written down has pleased me even if it isn't perfect. But hey, got a long ways to go since only a bit through 1 and all.

Years
  • Over the past few weeks I have shelved the novel for the time being in favour of working on a comic. Originally I was actually working on a drama, but I shelved that too and I'm returning to action/fantasy/similar stuff since it's much easier for me to write.

Venia Silente

Years
  • Working on a comic eh? Post results?

This month I'm working on two separate fics featuring Cobalion. One is a kinda a gift for a co-RPer and the other is simply because otherwise the idea won't stop grazing on my mindscape.

Years
  • Working on a comic eh? Post results?

This month I'm working on two separate fics featuring Cobalion. One is a kinda a gift for a co-RPer and the other is simply because otherwise the idea won't stop grazing on my mindscape.

Sorry, I'm planning to make money off of it so it's not going to be appearing on PC.

Venia Silente

Years
  • In other news although I have not had the creative energy for writing writing, at least I have been able to work on the outlines for three potential stories. So while they are not really current writing writing projects at least they are current writing projects, I guess?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I don't know if you would call it writing per say but I've been slowly working on my own Region for some time now. Seems like its taking forever though.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • damn lol y'all out here writing much longer projects. i've just been writing a bunch of shippy kingdom hearts oneshots lately. yesterday i started working on a riku/roxas one. lmfao my first fic i did was some shippy pokemon special fic........man we always come full circle don't we

Back