• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Post flairs! Top or side layout?

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Given that there's two ways to display your posts, how do you handle your post flair?

Originally, I built mine only to fit with the sidebar style posts, but then I switched forums styles and realized WOW that looks terrible when displayed at the top...

How have your post flair adventures gone over the last few months or weeks?

Years
Top. It's harder to design flairs with both post styles in mind if you're using an actual background rather than a pattern or something, and I always prefer how postbits look with information at the top rather than side. Used to be mega into the legacy left side postbit, but now I don't like it at all anymore.

Years
In terms of information being laid out, I definitely prefer it to the side that way it's right there next to the username and avatar. However, I get that with the new UI live, people are using backgrounds that need the width so I can see why up top is the preferred style.

However, that is why I think it's important to have both layouts in consideration, which is why I went with nothing more than a repeating background for my flair.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I've always preferred top/standard for postbits on PC

my flair is meant more for that than legacy, and so it kind of doesn't look good on legacy, but there's probably not much I can do about that without sacrificing the part I like about it best, which is the FE Awakening text boxes for the userstats

edit: it's better now, thanks to Fairy =)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I try to have it work for both but legacy is priority because thats what i use the most. Honestly the only reason why i like to check it for standard is more for mobile reasons since mobile uses standard.

I think ive been pretty successful my last few flairs? I believe this one needs a little tweaking for non-mobile standard but it still looks good.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I've always preferred top/standard for postbits on PC

my flair is meant more for that than legacy, and so it kind of doesn't look good on legacy, but there's probably not much I can do about that without sacrificing the part I like about it best, which is the FE Awakening text boxes for the userstats

I can probably fix that for ya, haha. Yours was one of the first flairs I ever designed and I had no idea what kind of length/width restrictions applied. But if you want I can make it better!

As for myself, I use legacy but always make sure my personal flairs look good in both. ;)

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I can probably fix that for ya, haha. Yours was one of the first flairs I ever designed and I had no idea what kind of length/width restrictions applied. But if you want I can make it better!
If you don't mind, then please do

Years
I don't have any background images or anything but my flair is less likely to blind you on legacy, which is what I use. If I went fancy I'd probably make it more for legacy because I'm old and like my info on the left.

Hmm... might need to adjust the color, whoops.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 4, 2021
Side view? Legacy?
KF6aWRu.gif

Years
Legacy is just too much hassle to accommodate my flairs for so I'll stick with standard and wait for Legacy to die its much-needed death

Cid

Years
Would the side layout / Legacy work on mobile? I never had the initiative to change it, and I'm too lazy to try it on my laptop. I guess that means the top layout is my preference?

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
What I have learned from this thread is that only me and one other person likes Legacy. sobs

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
i don't even remember how to change to the legacy postbit, tbh, so yeah, I use top postbit.

I don't think my postflair gif would look very good in legacy view anyway.

Years
which one's legacy? hahaha forgot about them but the flairs are at the side for me. it looks cleaner that way.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Would the side layout / Legacy work on mobile? I never had the initiative to change it, and I'm too lazy to try it on my laptop. I guess that means the top layout is my preference?

In the new ui its only standard on mobile so you can change it for your computer and it'll still be standard on mobile if thats what youre worried about.

Im ok with standard on mobile but idk standard on the computer literally hurts my eyes ://

Years
Depending on how large your phone is, if you flip it to landscape (from portrait), you could see the legacy postbit if it's set to that. :> Also viewing in desktop mode as well could trigger it on mobile

which one's legacy? hahaha forgot about them but the flairs are at the side for me. it looks cleaner that way.

Legacy is to the top and Standard is up top!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Browsing pc on landspace just sounds weird af tbh.... but maybe thats just me

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Im ok with standard on mobile but idk standard on the computer literally hurts my eyes ://

Sameeee, I love legacy, standard kinda makes my eyes hurt - though I used it for years so idk why I dislike it now. sdfsdf

Back