• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphics: DS-style Gen VII and Beyond Pokémon Sprite Repository in 64x64

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
Years
  • I edited the base sprite a but :
    JF5sVPB.png

But to be honest I really like il1dan's new sprite, so i'd suggest we should use that as a base for now and someone can try editing it and make it look bigger later, i guess? (just a suggestion though)

We can use il1dan's back sprite as a base IF it is resized well already... First and foremost, we have to make sure that it is in proper size before we start tweaking it so that further tweaks won't be affected once scaled up...

I'm not sure if this would be of any help but I ended up making a chart of sorts to show which icons we still have left. Keep in mind this wont include all of them but it's very close to that. Brace yourselves. This one is a big one.
    Spoiler:

The sprites are signified by 2 colors. Icons that are already done are represented with the default green background & the icons that aren't recolored to have the Gen 3-5 palette, have a frame 2, or both will be represented by the color blue.

That's awesome! You can update that now...

Here are some new in-battle and icon sprites now posted in the OP, I also altered a few pixels from Pikachu in a cap icons and replace Tapu Bulu with MBCMechachu's updated version...

Here are the in-battle sprites:
    BmxHxkm.png
    (KajiAtsui, goranthegreat, PandiRocks@17 (front); HeXeR, Megax Rocker (back))
    uDMoT72.png
    (Pokemon-Diamond, HeXeR, academico95, thedarkdragon11, leparagon)
    6odxJzc.png
    (leparagon (front); OtaKun, xiechayghe (back))

Megax Rocker:
    K1mFlD5.png
    wMX4M5c.png
    4oNBGce.png
    g2SxpJp.png
    JpOOufb.png
    RlQUU0E.png
    bRW3sNb.png
    sTaEdiM.png
    Tt6bmbH.png
    QMobKLM.png
    FFXSie6.png
    QmfA05d.png
    GuMakSB.png
    ddjbhCO.png
    CNaGsqP.png
    KvH85MB.png
    Eyan3Aj.png
    dLfqQys.png
    rLCLAHo.png

Z-nogyroP:
    VFcEsms.png
    stCx2xV.png
    Btb9vOY.png
    PVb5uR5.png
    zeq80SL.png
    HaagTYp.png
    dBpg8Fj.png

MBCMechachu:
    PytCbq5.png
    s2E9tKC.png
    zCG9L1s.png
    B4E80B0.png
    SHb8UvS.png
    DzXoaVw.png
    nRIQB99.png
    8OubX4b.png
    CyZOoCf.png
    MsZKDir.png

Rycanthropy:
    BVVlOHg.png
    Fcq5IyO.png

MrDollSteak:
    Sc0SBDK.png
    9dZXvr3.png

pokemama:
    CrT0TfP.png

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I edited the base sprite a but :
    JF5sVPB.png

But to be honest I really like il1dan's new sprite, so i'd suggest we should use that as a base for now and someone can try editing it and make it look bigger later, i guess? (just a suggestion though)

I guarantee you, with 100% certainity, that upsizing a sprite never works, and we will never do it in this thread so long as I am still alive and still quality-checker of this thread

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • I guarantee you, with 100% certainity, that upsizing a sprite never works, and we will never do it in this thread so long as I am still alive and still quality-checker of this thread

Let him do it if he or someone can do it right... I think the Rowlet back sprite that we're using was upscaled from a Gen. 5-style back sprite...

By the way, can somebody help us recolor these icons by MBCMechachu:
    XEcQ3j7.png
    Iyc3SUn.png

Into one of these palettes:
    uXvChTc.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2024
    By the way, some of the icons need to be edited so they don't appear in the middle, they should be near the bottom, for instance compre my Oranguru icon and the Passimian icon that are both of MBCMechachu's post and you'll see that Oranguru is more to the bottom as opposed to Passimian who's standing in the middle.

Icons should be atleast 2 pixels away from the bottom so they consistent with the Icons of previous generations which are the same if you look closely.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    fixed some errors from some icons, and recolored some icons too.
    ch17hs0.png

EDIT: just wanted to let you guys know that the RotomDex's icon doesn't has the correct pallete either

I guarantee you, with 100% certainity, that upsizing a sprite never works, and we will never do it in this thread so long as I am still alive and still quality-checker of this thread

I do get the point and i'm pretty aware of what happens when you increase the size of a sprite improperly, but still i might end up doing that :P

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • By the way, some of the icons need to be edited so they don't appear in the middle, they should be near the bottom, for instance compre my Oranguru icon and the Passimian icon that are both of MBCMechachu's post and you'll see that Oranguru is more to the bottom as opposed to Passimian who's standing in the middle.

Icons should be atleast 2 pixels away from the bottom so they consistent with the Icons of previous generations which are the same if you look closely.

Noted...

fixed some errors from some icons, and recolored some icons too.
    ch17hs0.png

EDIT: just wanted to let you guys know that the RotomDex's icon doesn't has the correct pallete either

I do get the point and i'm pretty aware of what happens when you increase the size of a sprite improperly, but still i might end up doing that :P

Those icons are not in our jurisdictions and should be posted to its proper thread (Sugimori-palette resource thread)...

Just make sure that you'll properly resize it if you want to...

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    Oh no no, you guys got it wrong. I did recolored some icons, but icons like that of Growlithe, Arcanine, Jynx, Haunter and Goldeen were in the green box in MBCMechachu's sheet but still they had some errors in them. They had a bright blue color in them at places where it should've been white. idk if i was able to explain but if i didn't, then i guess you should check out his icon sheet's icons of the above listed pokemon.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Oh no no, you guys got it wrong. I did recolored some icons, but icons like that of Growlithe, Arcanine, Jynx, Haunter and Goldeen were in the green box in MBCMechachu's sheet but still they had some errors in them. They had a bright blue color in them at places where it should've been white. idk if i was able to explain but if i didn't, then i guess you should check out his icon sheet's icons of the above listed pokemon.

The concern is about the icons from the Sugimori-palette resource thread... Please post the concerm there... MBCMechachu is also contributing there...

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    The concern is about the icons from the Sugimori-palette resource thread... Please post the concerm there... MBCMechachu is also contributing there...

oh okay nvm them, because i just checked MrDS's thread and his icons are fixed already. Thanks for letting me know :)

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • oh okay nvm them, because i just checked MrDS's thread and his icons are fixed already. Thanks for letting me know :)

No worries man...

Dark Mewtwo from Pokken: http://s1266.photobucket.com/user/LuciferLT/media/Dark Mewtwo_zpslz4wktks.png.html?filters[user]=146439756&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Dark%20Mewtwo_zpslz4wktks.png.html

Thanks but we don't need Dark Mewtwo here...

May I request the mods to delete other unnecessary and redundant posts by LuciferLT? Thanks!

Trev

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023

If you're aware that upsizing a sprite can be done improperly, why would you then decide to do that? Please don't waste my or darkdragon's time unless you can assure that the sprite is going to be done properly and that it's going to look good.

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Here are some new icons now posted in the OP:
    kGt6D8C.png
    cuNIQPB.png
    (MBCMechachu)

I will now allow submission of icons which are not yet in Gen. 3 colors, although it would still be better if it's already recolored into Gen. 3 colors... Also, Flying Pikachu also needs a custom icon for both frames since GF never made a unique sprite for the said form...

For the in-battle sprites, please focus with the concerned sprites in Trev's hub post which can be seen next to the OP...

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Updated Rotom-Dex icon sprite with gen 3 palette:
    34wVtnA.png

credits: MBCMechachu for the arms

I personally like this icon... MBCMechachu, what do you think?

EDIT: I decided to use leparagon's Mimikyu in-battle sprites here instead, but recolored to Trev's palette which is used by the previous featured sprite... Here are the sprites:
    O1LD9HI.png
    (leparagon, Trev)
    aUq0QkN.png
    (leparagon, Trev)

EDIT: I would like to announce that I'll be dropping Mega Evolution placeholder sprites in this thread... If you have ME sprite submissions in hand, try submitting that to the Gen. 6 thread instead...

Last edited:

Trev

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    EDIT: I decided to use leparagon's Mimikyu in-battle sprites here instead, but recolored to Trev's palette which is used by the previous featured sprite... Here are the sprites:
    O1LD9HI.png
    (leparagon, Trev)
    aUq0QkN.png
    (leparagon, Trev)

Ugh, okay. I will do some cleanup edits at some point. I wish they were bigger...

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
  • Ugh, okay. I will do some cleanup edits at some point. I wish they were bigger...

In the meantime, we'll leave the size as it is... Unless someone can upscale it well...

Also, I think this Turtonator front sprite by JaegerLucciano23 is a good alternative:
    UJl4dYV.png
    (JaegerLucciano23 (front); OtaKun, Z-nogyroP, haimon_99, Trev (back))

And here's Rotom Pokédex icon:
    mevg7kx.png
    (OtaKun, MBCMechachu)

Trev

Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Hi, just popping in that, since we don't have any Turtonator edits, we should just go ahead and use the leparagon version. Not a fan of Jaeger's version and our current backsprite is subpar at best (even with my edits :P) and leparagon's backsprite is way better.

I'll work on the sprites when I lose motivation to keep continuing my hack. Thanks all.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 24, 2023
    Ugh, okay. I will do some cleanup edits at some point. I wish they were bigger...
    Like this bigger?
    ECcUI9y.png
    (leparagon, Trev, BlackWhiteRobin)
    n6zQi4Q.png
    (leparagon, Trev, BlackWhiteRobin)
    They were 36x36 so I resized them and fitted them to 40x40 because of this quote by ChaosRush himself:
    ChaosRush said:
    I've analyzed the sprite sizes of the Ruby/Sapphire sprites and have come to the conclusion that they're all either 40x40, 48x48, 56x56, and 64x64 (even though, technically, they're all 64x64), give or take a row/column of pixels.
    I did try 48x48 too and that was already too big. So I stuck up with 40x40. :)

Last edited:
    Back