The PokéCommunity Forums The PokéCommunity Archives Fan Clubs & Groups
ūüéĄ Club Holly Jolly

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old December 19th, 2014 (7:36 PM).
i'm weak

Nature: Brave
Frozen does get me in a wintery mood. Because that movie was released on Thanksgiving and prior to the Holiday Season last year, it does have that effect to get people in that Christmas-y mood because December is the start of winter.

I have it on my DVR juuuust in case.

Home Alone is a classic! It's almost 25 years old and it still doesn't fail to amuse me.
Old December 19th, 2014 (8:54 PM).

Nature: Quirky
I watched a pretty hilarious Christmas movie last night, the 2003 comedy Elf. I think it's one of my fave Will Ferrell movies and the adorable Zooey Deschanel is also in it. I kinda like the story of this man raised like an elf going in search of his true identity.

Always a great feelgood movie to watch during the Christmas season!

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/
Old December 20th, 2014 (8:47 AM).
you drive me crazy

Location: daydreaming about Matthew Gray Gubler... anything else? :D
I always thought that movie was cute. I never got the chance to see it this year though. >< I used to have this friend who absolutely LOVED that movie around Christmas time.

Omg, I LOVE Frozen. I don't get why people give it so much hate. I guess because of the hype of it all and what not. Though, I could careless what others think of that movie. XD It's so cute, and I also feel really close to Elsa out of all the characters.

I've just been watching like... the Santa Claus and stuff. Another one I like is the live action version of The Grinch Who Stole Christmas. That one is really cute as well. I love the song for that movie so much. <3 I'm not much of a Home Alone type person though. Please don't beat me up. ;w; I just don't really care much for movies like that. ><

You drive my crazy... I just can't sleep. I'm so excited, I'm in too deep.
Old December 20th, 2014 (11:36 PM).
i'm weak

In terms of TV Christmas specials, aside from the Charlie Brown one, I really love the Full House Christmas episodes. The one with Jesse and Michelle got locked in a gas station and the owner of the shop was a real life scrooge who hated Christmas. It was really heartwarming. This was in their final season, btw.

I'd like to share that my latest blog entry was Christmas-related. Made someone's Christmas a little merrier today, it's something I love doing every year. Does anyone have any stories about making someone's Christmas 20% awesome? Have you helped someone?
Old December 21st, 2014 (8:25 AM).
you drive me crazy

Hm. Well, I don't really know if it's Christmasy or anything... probably not. Anyway, down at this gas station we go to. We tend to visit there frequently on our way into town. We have become well acquianted with the people who work there. Well, there's this one old woman who works there because it's a family run business I believe. She's like a fourth grandmother to me (I say fourth because I had one from my mom's side that was her foster mother and my dad's grandmother who died and my godmother who was like a grandmother to me as well who also passed as well).

Well, my mom and I got both got her Christmas presents because she's the sweetest lady. She'll see is, come over, hug and kiss our cheek and say "I love you" like your part of her family and what not. We have yet to give them to her, but we are going to do it today when she's there. It was my mom's idea because she wanted to do something really special for her for always looking out for us.

:3

Old December 22nd, 2014 (5:36 PM).

Nature: Quiet
I can't remember any instances where I did something for someone else's Christmas, which admittedly is rather shameful.

On a side note, our Christmas feast is going to be on Christmas Eve. My parents said all we'll be having come Christmas day are leftovers, since we'll be having a lot of people the day before then.
Old December 22nd, 2014 (7:09 PM).

I'll likely have a boring Christmas again, that is just the gifts and the food. My family is usually too lazy to put decorations up these days, and yeah that sadly counts the Christmas tree.

But it's still great that I had fun posting in this club and hopefully it becomes an annual event.

http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/
Old December 22nd, 2014 (7:17 PM).
you drive me crazy

I just spend time with my family and such. We unwrap presents, then we have a boiled dinner as well. It's not a huge christmas or anything, but it's enjoyable.

I agree with Hikamaru! It really was fun, even if i forgot about this place. XD I was better with this than the Halloween thread though.

Old December 22nd, 2014 (8:55 PM).
grassium Z

Nature: Sassy
I'm pretty sure we are going to my grandparent's house and have some feast there, then come back and open our presents. And I agree, I just wished I became active in these holiday clubs, they seem really fun :3

"OK, Salzorrah! Grab the Thick Club and the Rare Bone and pound it all to a pulp!"
"Smack it! Crush it! Grind it! Turn it to goo!"

The Underground ‚óŹ SMT on Facebook
Trainer Tournament
Old December 22nd, 2014 (10:44 PM).

I'm not sure if we'll be going over to someone to spend our Christmas; we will all likely be at our house hanging around together. Mom and my father are always busy, other than weekends, so my sister and I rarely get to spend some decent time with them and whatnot.

Also, I've gotten myself a set of PlayStation 4 today; thanks to Christmas deals, I was able to save a good portion of money on it! I haven't un-boxed, yet though; I'll likely do it sometime tomorrow. Knowing me, I likely would have spent my entire night tonight playing on the console if I had already opened it. I wish I were more controlling of myself, but unfortunately, it's kind of tough.

Along with PS4, I've also purchased a couple of games, which are Rayman Legends and Call of Duty: Ghosts. I already have these two for Xbox, but used version of these games seemed to have been quite cheap for PlayStation 4 in comparison to other games they had in-store. I'll be getting myself GTA as well pretty soon; next week, most likely!
Old December 22nd, 2014 (10:58 PM).
Revolutionized Gaming

Nature: Adamant

I'm so glad this club is a thing. My family and I went out and looked at Christmas lights together last night, and it was one of those few enjoyable moments we can have. {XD}
    Old December 23rd, 2014 (5:01 AM).

Yeah, as I mentioned we'll be doing more on Christmas Eve than Christmas Day, but we'll be going over to our grandparents' on the day after Christmas (maybe even late Christmas night because we have to get back Saturday night; my brother has a flight home early Sunday). I was at Costco yesterday and saw some tablets that might interest me, which wouldn't be too much of a problem for me to cut out of my own money if I really wanted it.

But this was indeed a good time, yeah. I didn't join Club Nightmare, so i'm glad I had the chance to check out this instead.
    Old December 23rd, 2014 (10:35 PM).
    i'm weak

IT'S CHRISTMAS YOU GUYS.

What's everyone's favorite Christmas song? You can use YT vids if you like!
    Old December 24th, 2014 (11:59 AM).
    you drive me crazy

Frosty the Snowman! Though, I haven't heard it much this year. I love Jimmy Durante's version only. lol

Old December 24th, 2014 (4:13 PM).
    grassium Z

MERRY CHRISTMAS YOU GUYS!!!! It's 8 am here, and wow, My dad got me a brand new mobile phone for Christmas :3

"OK, Salzorrah! Grab the Thick Club and the Rare Bone and pound it all to a pulp!"

Trainer Tournament
    Old December 24th, 2014 (4:22 PM).
    you drive me crazy

I got a new animal hat. :3 I posted a picture of me wearing it in the picture thread. ^^

Old December 24th, 2014 (5:05 PM).
    i'm weak

it's still 5 pm here. So Christmas is about a weee few hours away. Santa Claus has probably passed by London already.

My favorite Christmas Carol would probably be Carol of the Bells. The Pentatonix version is just spot on. <3 I freaking love it. Second favorite would be Happy Christmas (War is Over). I actually like the Maroon 5 version of it, but I haven't been able to buy it this year.
    Old December 24th, 2014 (5:16 PM).

I'm not certain if I'd call this my favorite Christmas song, but I really like You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch. It's so ridiculous and isn't really about Christmas at all, but it's just so catchy and a fun track.

Aside from that, I also like Winter Wonderland and ta lot of the Peanuts tracks.
    Old December 24th, 2014 (10:13 PM).
    [

Nature: Rash
    Christmas breakfast is in a few hours. This time of the year is truly my favorite, it is where everyone comes together, and I can catch up with old friends. For example, we met family in the other part of the state over the weekend and I was able to hang out with friends I hadn't seen in 4 years! It was great to catch up on how life has been. It was cool to see how we all had changed, but how similar we all still were. I'll stay up until 4 in the morning because Christmas movies are some of my favorite movies, I make sure to watch The Santa Claus and Home Alone 2 every year.

My favorite part of Christmas is waking up in the morning and eating breakfast with all of my family. This only happens a handful of times throughout the year and I am looking forward to it tomorrow. Merry Christmas everyone, hope you all have a wonderful day. :)

Old December 25th, 2014 (1:35 AM).
    i'm weak

CLUB HOLLY JOLLY WILL CLOSE AT 11:59 PM GMT - 8 (pacific time!)

In the meantime the one topic we've all been waiting for: What did you get for Christmas?

My Christmas right now has been spectacular. Full house, free booze, and I was able to learn about German culture from my uncle's current girlfriend.

First, I was surprised by Matt (El Heroe Oscuro) doing a theme dedicating to me. That was really awesome of him. <3 Then I got a bluetooth-enabled speaker bar! Now I am totally going to blow up the house with my awesome music. lmao. I also got gift cards from GameStop and Victoria's Secret, courtesy of my co-workers, a traveling charger, and brand new boots.
    Old December 25th, 2014 (5:26 AM).
    press start to play_

Nature: Naive
    I got a bunch of stuff from my parents-in-law which I didn't expect so that was nice :) also had booze and games with my boyfriend's cousins and siblings which was really great. Overall a lovely day!
    Old December 25th, 2014 (5:34 AM).
    grassium Z

Well, as I said before, I got a mobile phone from my dad, a Starbucks mug, paper and pens, tumblers, perfumes, and stuff :3

It's kinda sad taht the club be closing later, but I guess we had fun :3

also inb4 new flash club for new years 2015 :3

Trainer Tournament
    Old December 25th, 2014 (7:49 AM). Edited December 25th, 2014 by Loki's Army Girl.
    you drive me crazy

Spoiler:

This is what I got for Christmas. :D I updated the picture with some better light btw. lol

Old December 25th, 2014 (10:01 AM). Edited December 25th, 2014 by Swagroar.

So what'd I get? Well...

At home:
    -A nice blue collared shirt.
    -Guardians of the Galaxy on DVD. Haven't seen the film but this'll be a good chance to.
    -Black, warm pajama pants with white and red stripes.
    -A box of sour Jelly Beans from Boscov's. I always liked those but haven't gotten to munch on them in recent times.
    -A $20 gift card to Shake Shack, a burger place right near the mall I take the college shuttle to. They have some pretty darn tasty burgers.
    -A pair of gloves that can fold to view all the finger holes or serve as fully wrapped. So I can choose how I want to wear them.
    -A Phillies blanket. Hopefully I won't regret wrapping myself in it later!
    -$100 and a $50 American Express card. Can buy myself something pretty with them.

At my grandparents' house:
    -How To Train Your Dragon 2 on DVD. Another movie I heard was pretty good.
    -Taylor Swift's 1989 album.
    -A $50 iTunes card.
    -Two Best Buy gift cards, one $25 and one $50.
    -A $100 American Express card.
    -A black and blue scarf.
    -A jacket representing the college I go to.

And for my family's gifts, I picked up $25 Visa gift cards at work yesterday for both my mom and dad, and I already mentioned getting things for my brother. I didn't get anything for my relatives, though, didn't really occur to.

But thanks again for hosting this club, it was a really nice time! (:
    Old December 25th, 2014 (11:25 PM).
    i'm weak

Yeah, we partied long and hard for 25 days. There was also some celebrations at other sections of PC too, including the 25 days of gaming. Glad to see you peeps enjoy it! Once an admin gets the emblem up and loaded I will distribute to those that have actively participated.

Quick Reply