• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

🎄 Club Holly Jolly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 29
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    in my country, Sinterklaas (St Nicholas, december 5; tomorrow!) is the children's holiday where everyone gets presents, so Christmas has never been like that for me. i guess my Christmases have been more like what would be Thanksgiving in the US; i meet with my entire dad's side of the family on Christmas Day, which is about 20 people in total, and we all have like a 5-course dinner together and catch up. my mom's side of the family we used to visit on Boxing Day, but nowadays oftentimes we can't get the whole family together so we just meet up sometime later.

christmas-cute-tree.gif

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • You know, I'm actually at the age where I'm supposed to start buying Christmas presents for my family and friends and like... wow that's actually really hard? Mainly for the adults. I don't know what adults like. I am not a true adult.
    Like, I can get my brothers Minecraft paraphernalia and they'll be happy. My other friends like Doctor Who and Rooster Teeth. Easy. But the adults? They don't like "stuff". They are practical and want things they can use idk. And it's awkward if you get it wrong.

Years
  • I feel the same way, personally - it's not that I don't want to buy Christmas presents for others, I just have a hard time thinking of what to get them.

And this Saturday we're going to a party that some of the friends of our parents host annually, and we get more than a few visitors we don't see often. On another note I do like seeing lights everywhere across the roads near our house. (:

Years
  • I actually want to Christmas shop for my friends and family this year, but I am horrible with gift ideas, and I have no money to spend either. >_>

Also, my parents decorated the house in full this year, yay! Last year, they only put up a tree and that was it.

christmas-cute-tree.gif

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I always have the darndest time thinking of what to get my parents. Friends and younger family members are so much easier.

Years
  • I already did buy one Christmas gift though, and that's for a Secret Santa exchange at a party I'll be going to later this month.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I'm much better at giving things when I have no obligation to? Like I'll just buy my friends things if I want them to have it (Pokémon Y, Omega Ruby, and a 3DS for one of them; the Phoenix Wright Trilogy for a few, random stuff that they would like) for no reason. I like spending money on people. I just don't like feeling like I have to esp when I have no real ideas for them.

Years
  • Speaking of which, I had thoughts of getting a 3DS and maybe SSB for my brother, since he enjoyed occasionally playing Brawl back when that was the thing. One time when we had some of our folks over they played that on our Wii, which it was nice that they enjoyed. The last really big Christmas present I got was this MacBook two years ago, and I got that even before Christmas day since I needed it soon.

Years
    • Age 34
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm much better at giving things when I have no obligation to? Like I'll just buy my friends things if I want them to have it (Pokémon Y, Omega Ruby, and a 3DS for one of them; the Phoenix Wright Trilogy for a few, random stuff that they would like) for no reason. I like spending money on people. I just don't like feeling like I have to esp when I have no real ideas for them.
    That is so sweet of you. I should give people gifts more often, it's so fun to see them get happy. But my problem is mostly that I have bad imagination when it comes to what to buy/give :(

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • I can't believe Christmas is just 19 days away from where I'm at! Although first come all those exams and then the huge homework packets I have for school. But it's the price to pay for not having my own money for gifts and I take my mother's money...

Besides that, the thing I love most about Christmas is the food! Sure family time and the presents are good, but nothing beats food!

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • Christmas, eh? Ah, I wanna buy my friends and family presents and have a tree like this:

christmas-cute-tree.gif

Ah, so sad I don't have much money to work with, I wanna spoil 'em all!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • That is so sweet of you. I should give people gifts more often, it's so fun to see them get happy. But my problem is mostly that I have bad imagination when it comes to what to buy/give :(
    Ahaha I just pick up things I know they like. It's... really, really easy if they're in fandoms or really into a certain thing lol.
    Christmas, eh? Ah, I wanna buy my friends and family presents and have a tree like this:

christmas-cute-tree.gif

Ah, so sad I don't have much money to work with, I wanna spoil 'em all!
    saaaaame

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • Ahaha I just pick up things I know they like. It's... really, really easy if they're in fandoms or really into a certain thing lol.

Eeeeyup. Though sometimes I worry I do it too often, since I do this sort of thing year round.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I'll join this! The Halloween one was fun, even though I sort of forgot about it. XD

christmas-cute-tree.gif

As for traditions (if this is the topic), it's usually just the presents, putting up the tree and decorations, listening to holiday music... stuff like that. I could really go on forever. I'm an only child, so I usually get quite a bit during the season. Also, I'm with Anna... my dad is SO hard to get things for. This year, we did pretty good though. Thing is, my mom is a child herself, so she likes really anything.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • christmas-cute-tree.gif

I have to say I'm not yet completely in the Christmas mood, since it's just started getting really cold a few days ago. Probably because we haven't decorated the house yet too, but I guess that'll happen sometime this week.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I've got a question for y'all: if you decorate your Christmas tree, what is your favorite ornament that you like to put on it?

Years
    • Age 29
    • she/her
    • home
    • Seen Aug 16, 2023
    we decorated our christmas tree yesterday! well, at my parents' house that is. we actually have two trees; one big family tree and one (fake) smaller one that my parents bought when me and my brother were little, so we could decorate one ourselves without constantly being pricked and so we wouldn't have to put the lights in ourselves every year, haha.
    when we got a little older we got these two beautiful glass ornaments with snow inside. one eventally broke, but the other is still my favourite ornament to put in our little tree. c:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I wasn't able to decorate my tree this year. Only my mom did, and the tradition was to decorate with the whole family. However, I was able to participate in some decorative activities with my co-workers. I bought a pre-lit tree and some ornaments that matched the store logo's colors. Then we had a pot luck this past weekend where I had bought Christmas-decorative cupcakes. They were pretty good. <3

I'll take a picture of my tree sometime! Maybe you guys should do the same too. :)

& for those who have joined, welcome! Sorry for my absence, will update OP asap.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • We haven't decorated a Christmas tree for a while now, but back when we did I liked the glassblown things. We had a couple of them but the one I liked the most had a red jewel in the middle and then glass spiraled from a point at the top of the ornament from which the jewel hung and then it turned into a bell at the bottom which the jewel acted as the ringer thingy. It was really pretty.

Years
  • My parents got their Christmas tree last Saturday while I was out. When I came home to prepare for the party we were attending, they hadn't done anything with it aside from set it up in our living room.

Some students at my college hang lights in their dorm or apartment room, but I don't bother to do that. But when I get home, it'll be nice passing by the houses that have lights wrapped on their fences and homes, too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back