• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

🎄 Club Holly Jolly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
christmas-cute-tree.gif

I'm definitely joining, haha.

I've finished purchasing all Christmas presents for my family last month. For my mom, it was cosmetics; for father, it was hand-watch; and for sister, it was some DS games. In-total, all of it had cost about $250 to $300. More offers have popped up within the last few days, however, so I wish I had waited a little longer so that I would've been able to save a bit of money.

I'm buying some things for few of my close friends this weekend, but not sure what they will actually be. Thus far, for my boyfriend, I'm planning on getting him a Legend of Zelda game for his 3DS. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to be much of a big fan of this series, so I'm hoping that if I get him to play more Zelda video games, he'll be getting into it more. Though, I'm still a bit unsure on it; if I get it for him and he doesn't wind up playing too much, it would kind of suck.

pkmin3033

Sure, why not...Christmas music on Classic FM is putting me in the mood for this. xD

christmas-cute-tree.gif

Our tree and decorations are going up over the weekend, I believe...they usually do in the second weekend of December, since all the school events my mother helps with take place in the first. We have the same CD on every year we're doing it...it's tradition. xD

My shopping is now officially finished as well, now that my mother FINALLY decided what she wanted. If not for her indecision I would have been finished weeks ago; I buy presents as and when people find things they want, and everyone else found things they wanted earlier this year. My father found what he wanted in, like, September or something...

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
So yeah, this year, we bought a new tree since our old one was like the same age as me (17) no joke. It still lives but it was kinda short so we bought a new one. Our ornaments on it is just some lights, ribbons, balls, and unfortunately we didnt add an ornament at the top, since I kinda want like a star or, in past years, an angel on top :3

OH and on this Thursday, I'm going to a Christmas Party with my college block and it's gonna be fun since after it, there's gonna be this univ-wide event full of free food, lights, and a very cool pyrotechnics show :O then the day after, I'm going to go back and enroll for my next sem =-=

edit: 1 666th post gg no re

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I've grown to get used to real-life Christmas trees. It was always a tradition, because both of my parents never really grew up with a real-life tree. For a few years I've always wanted to switch to pre-lit trees because it's a hassle to clean up after the holidays with all the needles and such, and then you have to hire a dumpster truck just to pick up the dead tree. I guess the big advantage of a real tree is the smell of pine. haha.

Not to spark a debate, but I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts! Real life trees, or pre-lit/fake? Why?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I used to love real trees. We stopped getting them at mom's because she and her roommate hated cleaning up after them and stopped getting them at dad's once my stepmom moved in because she's allergic to pine. I like the idea and smell and aesthetic of real trees much more but in practice? I'm an adult now; I'd have to clean up after it. And I'm mildly allergic to all plants so messing around with it would make me itchy. So nah. Also the giant after-holidays tree bonfires are pretty much illegal now so getting rid of it is just sad instead of fun.

Years
The Christmas trees I used were always the cheap, fake ones. They last longer and I find them easier to decorate in my opinion. They are also easier for those who live in urban environments that don't have many trees, and you don't have to throw them out when all the festivity is over.

Years
I would prefer real-life trees; those are what we always get. Although the pre-lit trees are less of a hassle to get and all, I guess we just prefer to have our own tree. I have seen some pre-lit trees at work, with lights that flip from white/yellow to colored for a few seconds. But my parents are the ones getting the tree, so I'm not often the one to decide (well, now that I no longer live with them).

And I got a sports sweat jacket for my brother, like i think I said I almost got him a 3DS+Smash, since I saw deals for off while I was just at Best Buy, although I didn't get anything for anyone else…yet. Why am I not back at college studying for my finals?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
we always have artificial trees.. I really want a real one at least once. But they seem difficult to manage?

from what i remember there's a fair amount of watering it and sweeping/vacuuming the needles up and you gotta think about the timeframe it will live after being chopped- cant get it too early or else it will get brown before christmas. and then you gotta get it out the house before it gets really dead otherwise there are piles of needles all over your living room or whatever
but real greenery is always nice to have for a while esp in winter

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
I've never experienced a real tree tbh. I don't even think that there are pine trees where I live; which is near that is.

It sounds fun and more true but if you think about it, cleaning up would really be a hassle.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I've always wished we could have a real christmas tree, but we never had. My parents have always said it would be too much of a hassle to get and subsequently get rid of. So we just have an extremely troublesome fake tree. It's not hard to put together, but man oh man I cannot stand taking it down. The limbs never fit back in the box.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
You have the smell of pine trees, and the real "green" color that illuminates your whole room if you place lights on them. There are always disadvantages of having a real tree such as risk of tree fires and electrical damage. They also have to have water every other day so they can keep "living". It's also more traditional because "that's what people had in the past during the first few Christmases" says my momma.

I really want a taste of an artificial tree just to see how easier it is to maintain and such, especially a snow-covered tree. I know, I feel weird now. haha.

pkmin3033

Artificial trees aren't as easy to maintain as you might think...they shed. Six months later and you're STILL finding bristles under the sofa when you clean the room. Although you'll get that with tinsel anyway, come to think of it. I hate tinsel. It looks pretty, but it falls apart and gets absolutely everywhere...artificial trees are just un-sparkly, tree-shaped tinsel a lot of the time. xD

We got a new artificial tree a couple of years ago...the old one, which we'd have for at least twenty-three years, looked very skeletal, and not even copious amounts of tinsel and baubles could hide the gaps in it. I still miss it. xD

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
A couple years back we switched to an artificial tree. It's big and full and would look real if it wasn't for the fact that it's a white tree lol

I'm fine with it. It's pre-lit the way we would normally do our own, so no one has to bother wrapping lights around the tree from the inside out so it glows, as it's already done. No fallen needles to deal with. No sticky sap to mess with.

But, nothing beats coming home this month and just smelling the scent of pine. And I don't get that with an artificial tree. So, :(

I think we should hunt for a really good tree scented plugin or something lol

pkmin3033

Just hang a pine-scented air freshener on the tree! We had one of those a couple of years ago in the car...which was shaped like a Christmas tree, if I recall correctly. It could be just another Christmas decoration. We have enough baubles shaped like trees, anyway. I don't know why we have to hang mini trees on the tree, it seems a bit...excessive. xD

Mum also told me that she wants to get the decorations up before my father gets home on Saturday. So, we've got to have my little brother at the train station for his trip by 9:30am, and then somehow get the food shopping done and decorations up before 1pm. Hahahaha. In case I don't survive this: it was nice knowing you all~

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I like real trees better, but we got an artificial tree from my uncle and now we've used that one for a few years. When you get close to an artificial tree, you can see easily it's just something trying to look real, but failing at it. I don't really like that. It annoys me mostly that the 'stem' is completely covered in needles too.

We also have a fir standing in the backyard throughout the year. We cannot move it inside since it's a lot higher than our two stories house. This also makes it kind of impossible to decorate it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • she/her
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023
we always used to have real trees when i was growing up, but a few years ago we switched to an artificial one - mainly cause cleaning up after it took so much time, but also constantly being pricked by things while putting in decorations was annoying. and the sap. geez the sap...
our isn't prelit, so we still put in the lights, but i think it looks really nice. real trees also always seem to have 'bruises' or broken/missing branches so i'm happy with ours. adding a little pine scent to it may not be bad though! great idea c:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
We always use fake trees too. There's less of a mess, and it isn't too hard on my allergies either. We've never had problems with fake ones than we would with a real tree. Ours is prelit, so all we have to do is add ornaments to it. :3

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Like almost everyone else, we also tend to lean on artificial tree. Real ones do tend to have more of a natural smell, but they tend to make a lot of mess, and as stated before, it could be sort of a hassle to clean up afterward. We've brought them into our house a couple of times before, and neither of those were a good experience, unfortunately. It could be sort of troublesome to set up and detach fake Christmas trees, but not as much as actual ones.

Also, we'll be decorating our house on Saturday and Sunday nights, which is going to be rather fun! Most of my family are busy with things in daytime on weekends, which prevents us from doing anything during then.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
My town's Christmas Light parade is tomorrow night! I kinda, sorta have to go because my little sister who is part of the parade with her Cheerleading squad will be participating and I'll be walking with her. Do you guys enjoy Christmas parades in your town, if any?

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
My town's Christmas Light parade is tomorrow night! I kinda, sorta have to go because my little sister who is part of the parade with her Cheerleading squad will be participating and I'll be walking with her. Do you guys enjoy Christmas parades in your town, if any?

Not at all really. Sure I love the mood and music, but there's too many people to even have joyous celebration at. I'm drowning inside the crowd, so I prefer watching holiday specials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back