• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Light Mode vs Dark Mode

Which do you tend to use?

• Total voters
Years
  • Many Operating Systems, websites, applications, etc. now have the option to display in a Light or Dark mode. Do you tend to stick to one or the other, or does it vary?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Dark mode on mostly everything. It's not even really because it's easier on my eyes (because it is), but it's also a huge help for battery life reasons. On occasion, I'll switch to light mode on certain applications though if i feel like I'm living perpetually inside a cave, but that's not too often.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    It's really only a help for battery when using an OLED/AMOLED due to the individually lit pixels actually not using as much power draw (none when it's true black because the pixels are completely off).

Still, I use dark for everything (aside from web pages that don't properly support it because the mixed results with images and text not rendering properly is just...no).

Slack finally got a dark theme on Dekstop, and I'm ecstatic about that. Been having to set Dark Mode manually by adjusting their config files. Gets reset each update, but no more of that. :)

Years
  • It's really only a help for battery when using an OLED/AMOLED due to the individually lit pixels actually not using as much power draw (none when it's true black because the pixels are completely off).

I know the OnePlus 6T uses an OLED screen, but I'm not too familiar with whether or not the Surface Book 2 does. I'm fairly sure it does, which is why I use dark mode on both.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I love dark mode, because my eyes are strained enough as it is, looking at white layouts gives me headaches, unfortunately.

Fair to say, I also set custom pink themes on some places.... still better than the white, IMO. lol

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    I know the OnePlus 6T uses an OLED screen, but I'm not too familiar with whether or not the Surface Book 2 does. I'm fairly sure it does, which is why I use dark mode on both.

OnePlus 6t definitely is (I have a 6 and I'm about to get a 7 Pro), but the Surface Book 2 is not. It's LCD is just that good when it comes to contrast. :)

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Dark mode conserve battery better it also wont hurt your sight as well

Years
  • dark mode everything!! easier on the eyes. not so easier though when you're in broad daylight hehe

Years
    • Seen today
    Light mode. I'm too accustomed and it feels weird to switch for more than a couple of minutes.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • i usually use light mode unless that light mode is way too blinding (discord & twitter)
    and then i prefer semidark modes like twitter's blue to pitch black like new reddit's terrible dark mode

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Use dark themes everywhere but here, since it seems there just aren't any.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Because of my autism, I always like having a dark mode. It's much easier to deal with on my eyes than light. I have a tendency to not like a lot of white and what not. I'm actually waiting for Wattpad to come out with a dark mode for people with sensitivity issues. ><

Years
  • It depends on how well they contrast. Like, if it's entirely black then probably not, but I definitely lean towards dark themes because it's easier on my eyes.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    Because of my autism, I always like having a dark mode. It's much easier to deal with on my eyes than light. I have a tendency to not like a lot of white and what not. I'm actually waiting for Wattpad to come out with a dark mode for people with sensitivity issues. ><

I can relate to this honesty. I forget it's a thing though.

Back