• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanlara Ultimate (21/01/2020 - New Patch Out)

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2022
    @ D.Song

Nice catch, thank you for posting this. I'll add that oddity to the OP. I also want to mention that you can also use Fly to get out of that situation.

Its obvious fly is a solution but.. i didnt pick a flying type pokemon xD i could still get a fly slave but i didnt have reasons to use it yet , teleport in the other hand , it teleports me back to last poke center i healed in which is good , i can go very far and still go back to where i started without confusing myself with the map (even tho i didnt see it yet lol)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    I'm currently at the elder's village and I have already farmed 10 dark gems. I am planning to evolve Hitmonlee as my first D. Mon. I'm really liking the hack. The placement of the drinks container and the healer at the entrance of Moss Cavern and the availability of cool items in the mart is excellent. Graphics are superb. The hack is loaded with cool features. You should definitely add another region. This hack is worth it. Expand it a bit.
    I'm glad that you are enjoying the hack! There's a few sidequests and little secrets in the game too, maybe you'll run into some of those. I won't be adding another region however, but maybe in the future I'll do another hack? Who knows...

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
    Years
  • Welll.. you have a natural talent for rom hacking! I testify that. Plan another hack bigger, better, smarter than Kanlara when you get time.
    Good luck and live well bro..

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2019
    How do you get HM Surf? because I just defeated Agatha and I don't know where to go without having the HM.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2020
    I have recently completed this game and I would like to write a small review for it.

With a completely new map to explore, Pokemon Kanlara Adventures offers fresh experience for you to enjoy. You are greeted by Professor Woke (GET WOKE!) in your hometown only to be given a Porygon. There are no options for you to choose your starter unfortunately. Travelling the lands of Kanlara, you will sometimes meet your rival and May, whom they both love to get you to do questionable things. Although you spend most of your time travelling around Kanlara to acquire gym badges and become the Champion, Team Rocket returns in this story and unfortunately you will have to stop them.

Each town usually has a gym that before you could challenge them, you are involved in some sort of event that you will need to complete first before the gym's door is open to you. Although the story's is not mind-blowing good, the story is still interesting enough to keep you entertained as you adventure. Legendary Pokemons also play a small part in the story, with the additional involvement of Demon Pokemon.

Enough about story. Let's talk about gameplay. And let me tell you that if you ever ever EVER think about doing a NUZLOCKE challenge for this game, DON'T DO IT! The level of difficulty is so high that it will kick your butt a thousand times. Trainers suddenly have level jumps for their Pokemon, making you feel that you're severely underlevel. Trainers (especially Gym Leaders) sometimes use legendary Pokemons that just makes you scream WHY??? I remember when I just defeated a gym leader who has an average party level of 16 (my team was around that level too) and when I went to the next destination (a cave), a trainer with a level 30 Magnemite ambushes you and obliterated my team. This romhack will require you to use a lot of creative strategy to beat them. If you're wondering how crazy difficult this is, just picture Elite 4 Pokemons' levels averaging around level 95. IT IS THAT INSANE. As a result, you might require to spend a huge amount of time to grind your Pokemons just so you could have a chance to get through these "barriers" from time to time. Fortunately, there is a battle boat (only accessible during the 7th Gym) that allows you to easily grind yourself to extremely high level up to 70 or even 80. Trust me, you will need it badly as the battles from that point will only become much terribly hard.

As mentioned before, there is a new additional feature called "Demon Pokemon". What you will need to do is that you have to collect 10 Dark Gems and convert those into Dark Crown and you can evolve some of the Pokemon into Demon mode, effectively changing their type. For example, Charizard will become Demon Charizard, which has a type of Demon and Dragon. Demon Pokemons in general are amazingly powerful and they also learn their own unique Demon move. Unfortunately for you, your opponents also uses them so don't think you can easily blaze through the game with ease. Demon-type Pokemons has no strength and weakness, making them mostly ideal to combat extremely difficult battles along the way. Maybe it's just me, but my only complain of this game is that there are lack of electric-type Pokemons that you could catch in the wild.

There are no custom soundtrack so I couldn't comment anything about that. But what I can say is that I love how there are so many different types of legendary Pokemon you could catch. The custom map is awesome although you might get lost sometimes because the NPC did not tell you where to go next. After spending more than 50 hours in this game, there are little to zero glitches in this game, with the exception of the mess up 'town map' when you try to fly to a specific town, or just trying to figure out where is your next destination.

Feeling frustrated most of the time while playing this game, yet I can't help but strangely find it enjoyable. Sure the amount of grinding needed are crazy, but other times it just feels amazing that I could defeat trainers 20 levels higher than me through good Party Composition and strategy. If you want an extremely difficult Pokemon Romhack to challenge you, this is the game for you. Fun and Frustrated at the same time, Pokemon Kanlara Adventures will leave a deep impression on you as you journeyed through the world.

SCORE:
    7 out of 10

The following link below is my let's play of Pokemon Kanlara Adventures. If you ever get stuck, or just want to have a look at how the game is you can visit the link for the playlist.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQJZvIgYpjE0bvW1NqTLkb6k6m0NfP7TX

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    How do you get HM Surf? because I just defeated Agatha and I don't know where to go without having the HM.
    First speak to Misty in Kanja Boulevard. Fly to Kaji City -> Speak to Pidgeot for a quick travel to Kanja City and you're almost there. Then you'll get access to Florina Town after clearing out some Snorlax. In one of the houses there you'll get HM Surf from a resident.
    Welll.. you have a natural talent for rom hacking! I testify that. Plan another hack bigger, better, smarter than Kanlara when you get time.
    Good luck and live well bro..
    Thanks! I'll definetely use what I learned from making Kanlara Adventures to make my next project great! Happy life to you too ~

I have recently completed this game and I would like to write a small review for it.

Spoiler:
    I watched your videos and it was a fun experience. Good luck with your next playthrough! I'm glad that you overall enjoyed the hack :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Just started a playthrough of this game. I changed the max level to 255 so I can continue to level after the post game. One small thing I noticed: Natu can learn teleport before visiting the first poke center and if you use it outside of battle, it takes you to the closest one, which may throw off the order of some events.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    Just started a playthrough of this game. I changed the max level to 255 so I can continue to level after the post game. One small thing I noticed: Natu can learn teleport before visiting the first poke center and if you use it outside of battle, it takes you to the closest one, which may throw off the order of some events.
    I don't think there should be any issues because unless I'm mistaken if you use teleport before reaching the first PC, you should be teleported to your house, which is the first healing spot.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I don't think there should be any issues because unless I'm mistaken if you use teleport before reaching the first PC, you should be teleported to your house, which is the first healing spot.

It teleported me to a town I've never been to before. Maybe it would be worth looking into. I'm glad I saved right before because I spent a lot of time grinding lol

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    It teleported me to a town I've never been to before. Maybe it would be worth looking into. I'm glad I saved right before because I spent a lot of time grinding lol
    Hmm, you are right and I was wrong.

So, it took you to 'Sena's Town', right? The reason for this is Teleport takes you to the last visited healing spot's Town, however unlike fainting, it puts you right outside the PC or Mom's house instead of inside the PC.

Now, this hack was basically made just like those cheap houses made with scuffed material that is bound to break down at some point right and cause issues. (That's a little harsh but my point is this hack wasn't made in an optimal manner) That's why we run into interesting things like this. 'Merryfall Town', your starting Town, uses the 'Two Island' map, but Mom's house uses the standard map that is part of Pallet Town, right? So, when you faint at the start of the game all is good, the game takes you to Mom, and there's no issue. But with Teleport, the game takes you right outside Mom's house... except Mom's house moved from Pallet Town to Two Island. But the game doesn't know that. So it puts you on the Pallet Town map, which is not the map that Merryfall Town uses, instead in this hack, Sena's Town (a bonus Town accessible later in the game via Surf) uses that map. Thus, you end up in Sena's Town, and you are probably softlocked with no way of ever returning to Merryfall Town or the rest of Kanlara.

It all reminds me of an oversight in the very first version of this hack that was released, which you can discover in this video
    It's actually pretty much same thing, except harder to do accidentally because now you have to catch a Ralts or Natu, level it to 9 and use TP before you reach Kanja City.

Adding this to the bug list. Thank you for your discovery!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    Hey guys hope you're doing well so I have some thoughts I'd like to share regarding a possible update to Kanlara Adventures.

So I know some of you like the Demon aspect of Kanlara Adventures: Remastered, and while I also enjoy some of the things about the hack, I find myself sort of nostalgically looking back on the first releases of Kanlara Adventures, before the Remastered version which drastically changed the way the game played later on with the inclusion of super Pokémon in form of the Demon Pokémon alongside some other changes such as the addition of more Towns and routes.

So what I did was I checked through the thread for a dropbox link I posted a long time ago which links to one of the first versions of Kanlara Adventures. I'll post it here
    Now, I'm not recommending you guys to play this version unless you feel like mashing the super speed button because that's what you have to do with the level curve that's present.

I just want to talk a bit about it. This is the 1.2 version of Kanlara Adventures, released right after 1.0 and 1.1. It fixed game breaking oversights that had a high chance of soft locking you, and that's pretty much it. It's as close to the very first version of Kanlara Adventures that was published as you'll get without actually playing the version which could soft lock you simply by walking into your Rival's house and saving at the Poke Center.

I played through this just now and I enjoyed it up to the first Admin whom despite super speed grinding for a while I couldn't beat (doesn't help that I accidentally replaced my Porygon's Tackle making me unable to even get past her Mightyena). I realize that if I want to be able to beat this game without doing the most ridicilous amount of grinding I'd have to make a more reasonable level curve.

Now this was all mostly done in the Remastered update, but that brings me to my point. What I really like about Kanlara Adventures isn't the super Demon Pokémon, or the Gen 4 sprites, or all the 50 million new routes and sidequests I added to the game.

What I like about Kanlara is the simplicity that I originally aimed for. I wanted to bring something new to the table that I had made, that was interesting and funny, while maintaining simplicity. I created a hack with a new story and region. Albeit somewhat on the smaller side, I think the region was still fairly well made, and travelling through the maps wasn't so bad minus the fact that Flying was made impossible in some routes due to me not accounting for the fact that mixing Sevii Island's maps with Kanto maps would make the unedited map hard to properly navigate. The story, although certainly not the best, still had its moments and although it's hard for me to laugh at my own jokes I know other people enjoyed some of the dialogue.

Now, I don't want to say that the Remastered version was a mistake, but I'll just say that in hindsight, it's not really what I wanted. It strayed too much away from the original vision of the game and I could honestly go on all day about my problems with some of the decisions made on this version of the game with its updates, but I'll just stop here and leave you guys with a strawpoll.

So, what I've been thinking is I want to make a new hack, but, instead of creating a new region, which is very hard, I'd make a sequel titled 'Kanlara Adventures 2', which would be based on the first version of Kanlara Adventures, before the Remastered update. It would have no affiliation with the Remastered version, which means no Demon Pokémon. It also wouldn't include routes and Towns added later on in Remastered. It would sort of go back to the basics and tell a new story taking place in Kanlara, happening after the events of Kanlara Adventures.

Basically what I'm wondering is do you guys like the idea of travelling Kanlara again, but with an all-new story, new events, and some new characters? I'd also wanna add some new areas, perhaps a 'Relic Castle' wanna-be in Kahara Desert. It would sort of be like what Pokémon Black/White 2 were to Black/White. It'd be made on a fresh ROM, with the mapping done in a way where you'd be able to use Fly from any place to travel to any Town, just like it should be.

Mind you, a strawpoll doesn't hold nearly as much value as actual words from people, and at the end of the day if I'm making a new hack things like motivation will have its say so there's never any guarantees please keep that in mind guys. Consider this an interest check.

https://strawpoll.com/radsc564

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I like the idea of a second one. I am still playing the first one and while the level curve is a bit extreme, it's very enjoyable. I have one badge with four level 25 pokemon if that gives you any idea on how much I'm grinding lol. I would personally enjoy the fairy type in the second version.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • Hey guys hope you're doing well so I have some thoughts I'd like to share regarding a possible update to Kanlara Adventures.

So I know some of you like the Demon aspect of Kanlara Adventures: Remastered, and while I also enjoy some of the things about the hack, I find myself sort of nostalgically looking back on the first releases of Kanlara Adventures, before the Remastered version which drastically changed the way the game played later on with the inclusion of super Pokémon in form of the Demon Pokémon alongside some other changes such as the addition of more Towns and routes.

So what I did was I checked through the thread for a dropbox link I posted a long time ago which links to one of the first versions of Kanlara Adventures. I'll post it here
    Now, I'm not recommending you guys to play this version unless you feel like mashing the super speed button because that's what you have to do with the level curve that's present.

I just want to talk a bit about it. This is the 1.2 version of Kanlara Adventures, released right after 1.0 and 1.1. It fixed game breaking oversights that had a high chance of soft locking you, and that's pretty much it. It's as close to the very first version of Kanlara Adventures that was published as you'll get without actually playing the version which could soft lock you simply by walking into your Rival's house and saving at the Poke Center.

I played through this just now and I enjoyed it up to the first Admin whom despite super speed grinding for a while I couldn't beat (doesn't help that I accidentally replaced my Porygon's Tackle making me unable to even get past her Mightyena). I realize that if I want to be able to beat this game without doing the most ridicilous amount of grinding I'd have to make a more reasonable level curve.

Now this was all mostly done in the Remastered update, but that brings me to my point. What I really like about Kanlara Adventures isn't the super Demon Pokémon, or the Gen 4 sprites, or all the 50 million new routes and sidequests I added to the game.

What I like about Kanlara is the simplicity that I originally aimed for. I wanted to bring something new to the table that I had made, that was interesting and funny, while maintaining simplicity. I created a hack with a new story and region. Albeit somewhat on the smaller side, I think the region was still fairly well made, and travelling through the maps wasn't so bad minus the fact that Flying was made impossible in some routes due to me not accounting for the fact that mixing Sevii Island's maps with Kanto maps would make the unedited map hard to properly navigate. The story, although certainly not the best, still had its moments and although it's hard for me to laugh at my own jokes I know other people enjoyed some of the dialogue.

Now, I don't want to say that the Remastered version was a mistake, but I'll just say that in hindsight, it's not really what I wanted. It strayed too much away from the original vision of the game and I could honestly go on all day about my problems with some of the decisions made on this version of the game with its updates, but I'll just stop here and leave you guys with a strawpoll.

So, what I've been thinking is I want to make a new hack, but, instead of creating a new region, which is very hard, I'd make a sequel titled 'Kanlara Adventures 2', which would be based on the first version of Kanlara Adventures, before the Remastered update. It would have no affiliation with the Remastered version, which means no Demon Pokémon. It also wouldn't include routes and Towns added later on in Remastered. It would sort of go back to the basics and tell a new story taking place in Kanlara, happening after the events of Kanlara Adventures.

Basically what I'm wondering is do you guys like the idea of travelling Kanlara again, but with an all-new story, new events, and some new characters? I'd also wanna add some new areas, perhaps a 'Relic Castle' wanna-be in Kahara Desert. It would sort of be like what Pokémon Black/White 2 were to Black/White. It'd be made on a fresh ROM, with the mapping done in a way where you'd be able to use Fly from any place to travel to any Town, just like it should be.

Mind you, a strawpoll doesn't hold nearly as much value as actual words from people, and at the end of the day if I'm making a new hack things like motivation will have its say so there's never any guarantees please keep that in mind guys. Consider this an interest check.

i think that's a gret idea. i'd like a second kanlara adventures game. i would surely play it.

Years
  • Hey guys hope you're doing well so I have some thoughts I'd like to share regarding a possible update to Kanlara Adventures.

I would definitely play the sequel!!!!
    I loved Kanlara adventures. I had a great team too.
    Take your time and create this hack with care and love because things look great if they aren't rushed.
    All the best for you!!!! ^_^

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
    Years
  • Consider me in. But I'm a feature freak, to be honest. I would love to play a story based hack that has layers of features like an onion! I admit that Demon pokemons attracted me towards this hack. There are lots of other subtle stuffs that I like about this hack too. I wonder why do you want to remove Demon pokemons. Anyways, this is your hack so it's up to you what you want to do with it.
    I wish you luck.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2019

For those who weren't here for the original, original hack, would you mind sharing the storyline you had in mind before adding all the features? I think I played 1.1...but it may have been 1.2 if you only added demon pokemon in 1.2. (Honestly don't remember.) I would love a sequel, but I too really loved the demon pokemon concept. And would actually be something pretty cool to also build on if you have the chance. Not in terms of more demon pokemon, but maybe consequences of having them...etc...? Just some late night thoughts.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2019
    I'm playing the game I have beat Agatha and I have surf but it is telling me I don't have the badge to use surf what do I do I have beat the 5th gym yet I don't have the 5th badge

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Hey, you could make Aegislash change forms by adding an evo with moon stone to change to blade, and again to change back. Obviously, make duoblade evolve by level, then once in shield form, you can implement it. That's the closest to form change without adding new abilities.

Back