• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanlara Ultimate (21/01/2020 - New Patch Out)

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    I like the idea of a second one. I am still playing the first one and while the level curve is a bit extreme, it's very enjoyable. I have one badge with four level 25 pokemon if that gives you any idea on how much I'm grinding lol. I would personally enjoy the fairy type in the second version.
    Yeah so it seems quite some people like the Fairy Type. Personally I'm not the biggest fan, but it's definitely a consideration this time around.
    Consider me in. But I'm a feature freak, to be honest. I would love to play a story based hack that has layers of features like an onion! I admit that Demon pokemons attracted me towards this hack. There are lots of other subtle stuffs that I like about this hack too. I wonder why do you want to remove Demon pokemons. Anyways, this is your hack so it's up to you what you want to do with it.
    I wish you luck.
    I think the Demon type was an interesting feature of KA: Remastered but I think this time around I want to try a game without any "super Pokémon". Perhaps I'll think of something else interesting. I would love for an excuse to put some Gen 2 sprites in a hack again..
    For those who weren't here for the original, original hack, would you mind sharing the storyline you had in mind before adding all the features? I think I played 1.1...but it may have been 1.2 if you only added demon pokemon in 1.2. (Honestly don't remember.) I would love a sequel, but I too really loved the demon pokemon concept. And would actually be something pretty cool to also build on if you have the chance. Not in terms of more demon pokemon, but maybe consequences of having them...etc...? Just some late night thoughts.
    I think the storyline was basically what happens in Remastered except for the Demon part. I mean the storyline was always a bit silly anyways.
    Yeah I'll think more about Demon Pokémon and what could be done with them but I think likely they won't return.
    Could u implement aegislash's stance change in kanlara adventures 2?
    So I have some plans for Aegislash seeing as how he was basically the mascot Pokémon of Kanlara Adventures. Can't really say any more than that though.
    Hey, you could make Aegislash change forms by adding an evo with moon stone to change to blade, and again to change back. Obviously, make duoblade evolve by level, then once in shield form, you can implement it. That's the closest to form change without adding new abilities.
    That's true, I know that was suggested before. But like I said there are plans for Aegislash.

Also while taking a look at the new region of Gen 8 I got some motivation to do some new maps and with that I think a new region is looking like a real possibility. In the case of a new region the hack would likely have a different name, though (Kanlara Adventures not taking place in Kanlara doesn't make sense after all).

Anyway thanks for all the feedback and what not it's interesting to read what people think about the different features of the game and if you guys remember I do listen and take into consideration comments (For example I put in the Demon Ninetales someone requested) so your voices matter! The next hack (whether it'll be titled Kanlara Adventures 2 or something else) is likely to happen as I already have some solid ideas figured out. Just like with Kanlara Adventures I want to submit it when it's in a complete state (8 Gyms + E4). So until then I won't reveal much. Lastly I just want to say that while I am currently motivated to do another hack and it's something I desire, whether or not I am able to complete it depends on things that sometimes I have no control over, so I can not make any promises but I will give it my all!

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
    Years
  • Personally, I think that we are done with Kanlara Adventures, with basic and remastered versions. I would like to play a Fresh hack with your ingenious touches. Perhaps it a good time to add Regional Variants; no super pokemons, just some super typings! Fingers crossed now....

Trainer 766

What is the number limit of Demon Pokémon one could have his/her entire playthrough?

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2024
    TM roulette is pretty useful. I got :
    Dark Pulse for my Honchkrow
    Ice Beam and Scald for my Ludicolo
    Ice Beam and Shadow Ball for my Porygon-Z
    Flamethrower, Rock Slide(I prefer it to Stone Egde) and finally after 200 rolls Earthquake for my Infernape

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Is there a level curve list of important trainers? I tried opening the game in G3T and it doesn't load the list (which is strange, it opens everything else) Also, for the TM's, can you buy the ones that disappeared in G. Enterprise? There were some very nice ones I should have picked up.

Current status: 4 badges
    Lv50 Breloom
    Lv50 Porygon2
    Lv51 Xatu
    Lv51 Salazzle
    Lv51 Aegislash

I want to add Wishiwashi to my team. How far away am I from obtaining the Super Rod? Just beat Bruno. Also what town/route do I fish for Wishiwashi in?

Loojaw

The laato
    Years
  • Hi! If you're going to make a sequel to kanlara adventures, plz make the level curve more reasonable so that we don't have to grind like crazy

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    TM roulette is pretty useful. I got :
    Dark Pulse for my Honchkrow
    Ice Beam and Scald for my Ludicolo
    Ice Beam and Shadow Ball for my Porygon-Z
    Flamethrower, Rock Slide(I prefer it to Stone Egde) and finally after 200 rolls Earthquake for my Infernape
    Nice! Yeah I like the TM Roulette too, I think I'll bring it back for the next hack I make.
    Is there a level curve list of important trainers? I tried opening the game in G3T and it doesn't load the list (which is strange, it opens everything else) Also, for the TM's, can you buy the ones that disappeared in G. Enterprise? There were some very nice ones I should have picked up.

Current status: 4 badges
    Lv50 Breloom
    Lv50 Porygon2
    Lv51 Xatu
    Lv51 Salazzle
    Lv51 Aegislash

I want to add Wishiwashi to my team. How far away am I from obtaining the Super Rod? Just beat Bruno. Also what town/route do I fish for Wishiwashi in?
    I used Hopeless Trainer Editor to edit Trainers so try using that program if nothing else works.
    Well you can get any TM by using the TM Roulette in Wanjara City, but also you can buy a bunch at the Dept. Store and Prize Corner in Wanjara. And some are rewards for beating the Battle Boat.
    Please refer to this list for Pokemon locations. It's not been updated in a long time but should still be fairly accurate. For Super Rod I think you need to go to Lake Kaji and check the northwest corner, you need Surf to reach it so you can only get it after the 6th badge (Florina Town's badge).

Hi! If you're going to make a sequel to kanlara adventures, plz make the level curve more reasonable so that we don't have to grind like crazy
    Hi, I think it will be more reasonable this time around.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2019
    wishlist:
    -reusable TMs
    -HMs usable without teaching them to your pokemon
    -an indicator for physical/special moves (in "known moves" -menu)
    -also on some fire red hacks IVs are shown next to stats

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    wishlist:
    -reusable TMs
    -HMs usable without teaching them to your pokemon
    -an indicator for physical/special moves (in "known moves" -menu)
    -also on some fire red hacks IVs are shown next to stats

There's a simple editor that make all TM'S reusable. I'm using it on my copy. It's either called 'Dumb pokemon rom editor' or 'Hex Helper Double Oh'

Trainer 766

Where is the guy who appeared in Lorelei's house in Solona Town and vanished when he said he can be found at the player's "most hated place"?

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    Where is the guy who appeared in Lorelei's house in Solona Town and vanished when he said he can be found at the player's "most hated place"?
    Giovanni Enterprises. I don't remember which floor exactly but the place is basically empty except for him so it shouldn't be too hard to find him.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2020
    Hey guys hope you're doing well so I have some thoughts I'd like to share regarding a possible update to Kanlara Adventures.

So I know some of you like the Demon aspect of Kanlara Adventures: Remastered, and while I also enjoy some of the things about the hack, I find myself sort of nostalgically looking back on the first releases of Kanlara Adventures, before the Remastered version which drastically changed the way the game played later on with the inclusion of super Pokémon in form of the Demon Pokémon alongside some other changes such as the addition of more Towns and routes.

So what I did was I checked through the thread for a dropbox link I posted a long time ago which links to one of the first versions of Kanlara Adventures. I'll post it here
    Now, I'm not recommending you guys to play this version unless you feel like mashing the super speed button because that's what you have to do with the level curve that's present.

I just want to talk a bit about it. This is the 1.2 version of Kanlara Adventures, released right after 1.0 and 1.1. It fixed game breaking oversights that had a high chance of soft locking you, and that's pretty much it. It's as close to the very first version of Kanlara Adventures that was published as you'll get without actually playing the version which could soft lock you simply by walking into your Rival's house and saving at the Poke Center.

I played through this just now and I enjoyed it up to the first Admin whom despite super speed grinding for a while I couldn't beat (doesn't help that I accidentally replaced my Porygon's Tackle making me unable to even get past her Mightyena). I realize that if I want to be able to beat this game without doing the most ridicilous amount of grinding I'd have to make a more reasonable level curve.

Now this was all mostly done in the Remastered update, but that brings me to my point. What I really like about Kanlara Adventures isn't the super Demon Pokémon, or the Gen 4 sprites, or all the 50 million new routes and sidequests I added to the game.

What I like about Kanlara is the simplicity that I originally aimed for. I wanted to bring something new to the table that I had made, that was interesting and funny, while maintaining simplicity. I created a hack with a new story and region. Albeit somewhat on the smaller side, I think the region was still fairly well made, and travelling through the maps wasn't so bad minus the fact that Flying was made impossible in some routes due to me not accounting for the fact that mixing Sevii Island's maps with Kanto maps would make the unedited map hard to properly navigate. The story, although certainly not the best, still had its moments and although it's hard for me to laugh at my own jokes I know other people enjoyed some of the dialogue.

Now, I don't want to say that the Remastered version was a mistake, but I'll just say that in hindsight, it's not really what I wanted. It strayed too much away from the original vision of the game and I could honestly go on all day about my problems with some of the decisions made on this version of the game with its updates, but I'll just stop here and leave you guys with a strawpoll.

So, what I've been thinking is I want to make a new hack, but, instead of creating a new region, which is very hard, I'd make a sequel titled 'Kanlara Adventures 2', which would be based on the first version of Kanlara Adventures, before the Remastered update. It would have no affiliation with the Remastered version, which means no Demon Pokémon. It also wouldn't include routes and Towns added later on in Remastered. It would sort of go back to the basics and tell a new story taking place in Kanlara, happening after the events of Kanlara Adventures.

Basically what I'm wondering is do you guys like the idea of travelling Kanlara again, but with an all-new story, new events, and some new characters? I'd also wanna add some new areas, perhaps a 'Relic Castle' wanna-be in Kahara Desert. It would sort of be like what Pokémon Black/White 2 were to Black/White. It'd be made on a fresh ROM, with the mapping done in a way where you'd be able to use Fly from any place to travel to any Town, just like it should be.

Mind you, a strawpoll doesn't hold nearly as much value as actual words from people, and at the end of the day if I'm making a new hack things like motivation will have its say so there's never any guarantees please keep that in mind guys. Consider this an interest check.

https://strawpoll.com/radsc564

Please sign me up when you've completed Kanlara Adventures 2!

I know you feel dissatisfied with Kanlara Adventures Remastered, but I genuinely have fun with it, although it could be frustrating at times. LOL.

Please let me know once the game is out! I would love to play it! Your creation with Kanlara Adventures is so good that I'm definitely expecting to get another great quality game from you!

Regards,
    Ryou Takehito

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    Random sunday evening thoughts:

Making a new region is very hard. It looks like we're going back to Kanlara.

I like this region a lot, anyways. I also like how the original hack plays, with some exceptions (the last tower has too many battles, for example). So making a Kanlara Adventures '2' feels very right. Certainly, a new region and story would be exciting too... but it's just not something I wanna do right now.

Also, Fairy type should be guaranteed by now, as I was able to expand the types. The question is how many Fairy type Pokemon will be in the game, since I'll be using the Pokedex from Kanlara Adventures. I want this cutie in the game , but probably there won't be many more new Fairy Pokemon.

Demon type should also return, thanks to the input from some of you in this thread. But, it'll be a little weaker. Right now I'm thinking weak to Fairy, resisted by Fairy, weak to Demon, resisted by Steel.

If all goes well, this hack could be ready by June, that's what I'd like anyways. But, if things go very wrong, it might be delayed until winter or next year.

Years
  • Random sunday evening thoughts:

Making a new region is very hard. It looks like we're going back to Kanlara.

I like this region a lot, anyways. I also like how the original hack plays, with some exceptions (the last tower has too many battles, for example). So making a Kanlara Adventures '2' feels very right. Certainly, a new region and story would be exciting too... but it's just not something I wanna do right now.

Also, Fairy type should be guaranteed by now, as I was able to expand the types. The question is how many Fairy type Pokemon will be in the game, since I'll be using the Pokedex from Kanlara Adventures. I want this cutie in the game , but probably there won't be many more new Fairy Pokemon.

Demon type should also return, thanks to the input from some of you in this thread. But, it'll be a little weaker. Right now I'm thinking weak to Fairy, resisted by Fairy, weak to Demon, resisted by Steel.

If all goes well, this hack could be ready by June, that's what I'd like anyways. But, if things go very wrong, it might be delayed until winter or next year.
    Good to hear!!!and all the best.
    Looking forward for playing the sequel of my favorite ROM hack

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    Is this the latest version of this game? Or will it be updated again?
    Final version? Yes.
    Kanlara Adventures: Remastered will not receive any more updates.

I'm working on a sequel titled Pokemon Kanlara 2, you can wait for that one if you'd like. Currently the idea I have is that you'll be able to play Kanlara 2 without having played Kanlara Adventures and Kanlara Adventures: Remastered.

Back