• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanlara Ultimate (21/01/2020 - New Patch Out)

sz

Years
  • Doesn't Medicham learn Zen Headbutt?
    Edit: nvm, I found it can learn it via move tutor after evolving

Last edited:

Trainer 766

How do you go down the pitch-black basement in Haunted Mansion?

What are the locations of Tyler?

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2023
    Bro, I am always looking for Rom Hacks to play with new story. I just got what I needed. Can't wait to play it!
    One question: Will cheats (Just rare candy) mess up the game (crash,etc.)?

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    How do you go down the pitch-black basement in Haunted Mansion?

What are the locations of Tyler?
    I think after E4 there's a scientist in kahara desert to the west of kahara town, he will give you an item that lest you access the basement.
    For Tyler, first he should be in moss cavern, southern entrance in sena's grove, then after than in the deepest part of nahara mines.
    Bro, I am always looking for Rom Hacks to play with new story. I just got what I needed. Can't wait to play it!
    One question: Will cheats (Just rare candy) mess up the game (crash,etc.)?
    Go for it, I don't think there will be any issues, but I can't guarantee because I never use cheats myself.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Having fun with the game, training up for the E4. Going for Mewtwo was pretty fun, though I wish I scanned the building with the Itemfinder much earlier. Getting a Macho Brace, another Lucky Egg, and a bunch of vitamins would've made such a difference lol

Three questions to ask for now:

How does Poipole evolve?
    Are the Move Deleter and Move Relearner guys anywhere?
    And is there a way to get to the Poke Ball at the End of Kanlara?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2022
    Accidentally finding the Go-goggles and the surprise waiting in the dessert was amazing. Great game so far!

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    Having fun with the game, training up for the E4. Going for Mewtwo was pretty fun, though I wish I scanned the building with the Itemfinder much earlier. Getting a Macho Brace, another Lucky Egg, and a bunch of vitamins would've made such a difference lol

Three questions to ask for now:

How does Poipole evolve?
    Are the Move Deleter and Move Relearner guys anywhere?
    And is there a way to get to the Poke Ball at the End of Kanlara?
    Either level-up or with the Runic Gem item. Might be something like Lv. 40 for the level-up though.
    Yeah move deleter and move relearner are in Kaji City. They're both in the same house, in the southeast area of the city.
    As for that poke ball you can't get it, it was a mistake when I made that map.

StaticShock

Chaos Current
    Years
  • So I just started this game and it seems pretty fun and cool. I really like how the places are differently layed out. Although there seems to be a level curve in the beginning lol.

Q1) Is this hack complete?
    Q2) Is the map bugged?

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    So I just started this game and it seems pretty fun and cool. I really like how the places are differently layed out. Although there seems to be a level curve in the beginning lol.

Q1) Is this hack complete?
    Q2) Is the map bugged?
    The map doesn't show all the locations, which makes it impossible to Fly to a few places. This is band-aid fixed by a stationary Pidgeot OW acting as a teleporter.

So, what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna go ahead and advice you and everyone who's looking to check out this hack to wait for my new project named Pokémon Kanlara Ultimate. Kanlara Ultimate will provide the most enjoyable way of playing through the Kanlara region so I highly suggest you go ahead and wait for that. I expect a release before the 1st of June so it won't be too long.

Also, In Kanlara Ultimate, it looks like I'll be able to fix most flaws from the original Kanlara Adventures including the map, which I may be able to fully edit graphically to make it a complete new map. Along with other features which I'll post about soon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    The map doesn't show all the locations, which makes it impossible to Fly to a few places. This is band-aid fixed by a stationary Pidgeot OW acting as a teleporter.

So, what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna go ahead and advice you and everyone who's looking to check out this hack to wait for my new project named Pokémon Kanlara Ultimate. Kanlara Ultimate will provide the most enjoyable way of playing through the Kanlara region so I highly suggest you go ahead and wait for that. I expect a release before the 1st of June so it won't be too long.

Also, In Kanlara Ultimate, it looks like I'll be able to fix most flaws from the original Kanlara Adventures including the map, which I may be able to fully edit graphically to make it a complete new map. Along with other features which I'll post about soon.
    Bruh every time i download the latest update you post a new update the next day XD cant wait for it guess ill wait a little longer.

StaticShock

Chaos Current
    Years
  • The map doesn't show all the locations, which makes it impossible to Fly to a few places. This is band-aid fixed by a stationary Pidgeot OW acting as a teleporter.

Ah ok, I'll wait for it. Thank you very much!

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    I'm happy to announce I will be releasing an early version of Pokémon Kanlara Ultimate.

There are two reasons for this:
    1) The project is something like 95 % towards completion anyways, so there's no need to just let it rot in my SSD for another month or so when it's perfectly playable as is.
    2) I suspect there are some things I missed, even simple things like tiling errors are easy to overlook when you're the only one working on the project, so people playing it can help me find errors that I can try to fix.

When I release Kanlara Ultimate I will re-do the first post to suit Ultimate and no other version. That means everything related to KA: Remastered will be deleted. This is for the purpose of keeping the first post as clean as possible and promoting the best version of the hack, which will be Kanlara Ultimate. I will leave a download link to a patch of KA: Remastered in the first post but that's all I'll do for it. If you're currently doing a playthrough of KA: Remastered and using any resources in the first post, make sure to save those locally because they will be deleted as soon as Kanlara Ultimate is out.

Okay, so on to some features!

So, I was able to make a new Town Map.
    It's not perfect, but it's a thousand times better than having to look at a Kanto map that makes no sense in this game.
    Yes, that means you can now Fly to any Town you visited, from any location you would normally be able to Fly from. No more relying on gimmicks like teleporters to get around!

I have expanded the types in the game and properly added the Fairy type.
    I have also expanded the movelist, allowing for more moves to fit in the game.
    Moves like Quiver Dance and Close Combat now have their proper effects, as I learned how to make
    new move effects.

The Demon type returns, as some of you might know.
    Unfortunately, I didn't have time to prepare a fancy graphic on what its resistances and weaknesses are, so let's just look at a Demon Pokémon for the time being.

Don't worry - Demon Pokémon have been nerfed since KA: Remastered. They no longer gain absurdly efficient stat distributions, for one.

All Demon Pokémon now get their own signature move. These moves are custom-made by me, featuring never-before-seen combinations of effects like stat-ups to create interesting effects. Contrary to KA: Remastered, where Demon moves were quite frankly just broken with high BP and strong effects, they now have low BP on average and focus on raising your stats or other things.

This move may look very strong - but don't worry, only DPikachu learns a move like this. Another thing to mention is, most Demon moves only have 5 PP now. That makes them not very spammable, so you have to think about when to use them.

Okay that is all for now. I'll spend the next couple days doing some final preparations to the hack, and preparing screenshots and graphics for the thread.

I look forward to releasing this project a lot!

Loojaw

The laato
    Years
  • Bro is Kanlara adventures: Ultimate a sequel to KA: Remastered, or is it a remake sort of thing with mostly same story?

Also I think u should just start a new thread for Kanlara adventures ultimate instead of deleting the first post if KA: Ultimate is the sequel to KA: Remastered

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    Bro is Kanlara adventures: Ultimate a sequel to KA: Remastered, or is it a remake sort of thing with mostly same story?

Also I think u should just start a new thread for Kanlara adventures ultimate instead of deleting the first post if KA: Ultimate is the sequel to KA: Remastered
    Sorry, I didn't make that clear yet I guess.

Kanlara Ultimate is a remake of the original Kanlara Adventures, with some features from Remastered, but other than that it has no connection with Remastered. The way I would describe Kanlara Ultimate is that it is what Emerald was to R/S, but it's even more than that. The story will be mostly the same, but it has been changed a bit too. This is also why I can't make a new thread for it, because it's a remake. Another way to describe it would be a 'sister game' to Kanlara Adventures. There have been a lot of changes to make the game more enjoyable while also maintaining the interesting and some of the challenging aspects of the original.

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Yoo, I'm really pumped about Kanrala adventures ultimate. I actually started playing the remastered version last night and I'm actually enjoying how story driven it is. I'm just on my way tk get my second badge, I just saw your previous posts and as a result I'll be waiting for the Ultimate variant. Looking forward to this with bated breath!

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    Hey everyone, today I decided to release Kanlara Ultimate. I'll try to answer questions on both Kanlara Ultimate and Remastered, so no matter what hack you're playing ask away.

item locations? looking for eviolite:)
    There is no list and that item doesn't exist, sorry.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2023
    If I play this version of the game will the save file I create be compatible with any future update?
    Yes, absolutely.

Future updates would likely just be bug fixes, anyways. Currently I don't have plans to add anything else, so don't worry.
    I also updated the first post to reflect this statement. I don't want to confuse people into thinking I released something halfdone. This hack IS complete, and I want people to play it :)

Last edited:
    Back