• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The DCC: New Spring Edition coming soon 3/21!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
  • Somehow an OVP DCC intrigues me, in that I would like to see how it could be implemented without growing too spammy.

And I don't recall the era of DCC ne'er do-wells, though IIRC I wasn't regularly posting in it till late '08 or early '09... back then I was pretty much on the dearly departed Fan Fiction Lounge, which was that section's DCC equivalent. Once that died, so did avenues of discussion in that section and hence I migrated to the general DCC.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Wait was that the ACTUAL reason of the DCC subforum Sammi? Wow. Also posting here to add to the amount of mods, yay!

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • Probably years at this point. The huge troublemakers of the DCC are long gone. I think that was the major problem staff had with it back then.
    /says the mod that only lurks DCC on occasion

Then again, when were you here last? Wasn't that around the time they made the DCC subforum just so they could ban individual members from posting in it? Or was it after that?

yes, quite a few years - I don't even know the exact number! and well yeah I figured the staff didn't really have a problem with the DCC itself but the members that frequented it... makes sense I guess.

thinking about it, I was here last... um, maybe 2006? that's when I was banned (for the second time). I came back in 2009 but I didn't really stay for that long. I remember talks about the DCC subforum, though I have no idea if it was pre- or post-ban, and the idea made me sick with disgust so maybe that's another reason why I left lol

Years
  • I think it's safe to say pretty much all of the current staff either wasn't around at all then or at least were not staff back then.

And I've been frequenting here since at least July '09, a whole 2 years before I became staff.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Only 7 mods were mods before 2010, so... that says something. :x

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    OVP would have a DCC where you aren't allowed to replyto other posts hahahah.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Well, maybe a general gaming chat thread in VG wouldn't do bad, after all.
    I actually am down for this, I can easily see myself regularing there XD PLZZ DO IT

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • LOL I don't know how active I'd be on a VGDCC... probably only when the topic of discussion is JRPG's, lol

Sadly, being a Nintendo-only family has caused me to miss out on a great deal of games... and our Wii game library is pretty lacking, to say the least.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    /spams the VG DCC with Tales of Symphonia

yeah i wish.

Maybe that's why this one tends to go in circles with its discussion sometimes!

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • imo a VGDCC is not really that necessary - it sounds healthier to discuss each separate game (or related news/articles) in its own thread, since that's better organized and stuff and avoids circular, redundant discussions

I don't see how the VGDCC wouldn't turn into a spamfest

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    The best way I could see it working is like the J-E DCC. Talk about older thing, but new things should go into their own threads for discussions. idk about the other DCCs, but I know that this one and (if you want to include them) the counting threads can get redundant in the discussions that take place.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back