• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hunger Emporium Mafia - gj town

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 19, 2023
Hmmm... Well Venus, if you're telling the truth, then you can useful for the town with your new ability, of course, if you don't ged killed by The Magic Man. Therefore I believe that The Priest should purify you, of course, assuming you are town. If The Priest tries to purify you and fails, it will mean that you were lying, and we can assume you're a threat to us. What do you guys think about this? Venus, can you prove you are not mafia/third party?

Last edited:

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years
Ok

[Lynch] Sparkin

Either ur vig and I don't trust you or you're scum. Easy lynch imo.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Dark Angels aren't it - they kill in the day and give abilities when the person is reborn... so... we might wanna watch that corpse that just hit the floor. It sounds like a SK kill, but it can't hurt to be cautious.

-----

Sparkin's former ability will probably come back after the Priest restores him, so revealing may not be the wisest course of action if he's the Candlemaker.

The day kill was from melanomaface

who probably just lashed out to kill someone bc they've literally already lost the game lmfao

And as for the Priest, the player he purifies retains their new abilities from the Magic Man.

Which is also one reason I'm not inclined to believe that the Magic Man would necessarily overwrite roles, because otherwise he could just remove powerful abilities from the game, even if he fails to gain the new abilities he grants a player. But he could. Obviously there's not much to base it on here.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Okay. I've seen all I needed to see.

[Vote] Sparkin

Years
Hello, firstly, I believe Sparkin. I think Naku's not only being unnecessarily antagonistic but honestly doesn't have that strong a case. The new role could potentially override the new one, or just as possible, Sparkin made an error when he read the PM. Until I see someone CC him, I'm going by the belief he is innocent.

I'm also going to say I think Ishi is also most-likely innocent. I'm not going to rule the Hunger-target out as a fellow mafia at any point, but he's provided a pretty strong defence here and for the moment I'm inclined to agree with him. Desox I'm less sure of, but thinking it might be town v town.

Honestly, my biggest scum-read for the moment is Doof2. He's capable of way more than he's given us with the amount of information currently available to him and instead he's opting for the easy lynch.

[lynch] Bidoof FTW

Bidoof FTW

Years
Honestly, my biggest scum-read for the moment is Doof2. He's capable of way more than he's given us with the amount of information currently available to him and instead he's opting for the easy lynch.

[lynch] Bidoof FTW

understandable. Haven't had a lot of motivation for much lately so I might not be a strong presence this game, sorry in advance.

I thought the whole kiyo thing was kind of stupid so I didn't really want to comment on it. Kiyo claiming vanilla is weird but not enough for me to throw a vote. Desox is weirdly aggressive right now, still trying to figure out if it's suspicious or more like town, however, my gut alone says its not good so I guess scumlean Desox.

Bard's theorycrafting makes me think he's town, also townreading naku.

Bidoof FTW

Years
Just reread bard's post and realized we had an investigator. **** me I need to reread the OP.

[Unvote] Sparkin

Nakuzami

Years
Hello, firstly, I believe Sparkin. I think Naku's not only being unnecessarily antagonistic but honestly doesn't have that strong a case. The new role could potentially override the new one, or just as possible, Sparkin made an error when he read the PM. Until I see someone CC him, I'm going by the belief he is innocent.

a) I have said in pretty much every post that the Magic Man roles could potentially override a player's original role, but that I'm not initially inclined to believe that they do. Either way it's not certain, but I'm not stupid enough to write it off so quickly.

b) Sparkin made an error no matter what, in that case. 2/3 scenarios involve him becoming scum-aligned by losing his role. One of those two did not happen (the Dark Angels), and the third scenario being that of the Magic Man. In the case of the latter, he still managed it poorly.

c) I've hardly been antagonistic, but no duh there's not a large case yet. It would be tragic if there was, considering day one has barely started. But what is there? Sparkin's initial post about the scenario and subsequent behavior, which I'm not a fan of. And if he is telling the truth? Then we're giving the mafia a serial killer role if nothing is done about it.

Why do you think I haven't voted yet?

Yes, no one has CCed for the Magic Man role yet, which I suppose works for him. He also hasn't mentioned anything about what his original role was. Innocent or not, there's information to glean there, so don't try to deflect it.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
Personally I don't think it's that scummy for Kiyo to have claimed. A bit early, yeah probably. Though having said that I don't believe his reason for claiming was to see people's reactions to the claim as he said his reason was - seems like a convenient reason to give everyone after seeing how people reacted to his claim.

Reading through the role descriptions I would think that killing Sparkin would block the Magic Man from being able to possess him and gain the vig ability, but wonder if Alvey can clarify that for us.

I also don't like how people are scumreading Desox for voting Kiyo, I don't think his fleshed out post is indicative of sheeping as people are saying it was.

Agreed with Fletch on EvilChameleon though, no clue how he's seen all he's needed to see. He's been making a few posts but really nothing substantial or of value so for that + his vote post, gonna chuck a [vote] EvilChameleon his way.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
PSA
Killing The Magic Man will free their target from impending death.
However
Killing the target before their impending death will only let the Magic Man take the ability for themselves that much sooner
That being said, for some security for the lot of you, the mafia cannot use their abilities to kill the MM's targets before he is supposed to die.

Thanks
bye​

Last edited:

purplecicada

Distortion Wyrm
Years
Reading through the thread has my townreads on Daniel, Naku and Bard. I have a slight townlead on Kiyo now, as his defence was pretty good and his behaviour has backed up his claim imo. Null but leaning scum on Sparks due to his claim of being Vig but seeming reluctant to share his previous role, which is not enough for me to vote for him.

Top two scumreads at the moment are Desox and EC for reasons previously stated (tl;dr their behaviour and rapid bandwagon responses are thing I do not like), and tbh I'd rather vote for the one who provided the least amount of context whilst voting.
[vote] EvilChameleon.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Orginally I thought that lynching Sparkin would keep the Magic Man from getting his vig ability, but now that the GM has clarified that the Magic Man still gets the ability, EC could be scum trying to get the vig ability for mafia right away.

However, since Sparkin will die tomorrow anyway unless the Priest purifies him (assuming he's telling the truth, anyway), I'm not so sure. Why would mafia risk it?

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I see things exploded overnight. I am a big proponent of the day one lynch. Especially since we are against the clock here. Someone has to go.

There's my reasoning. So if I'm the one that has to go, fine, but you're all going to look very foolish when I'm revealed as an innocent.

Which I have been for the last 5 or so games I have joined in this section.

Sparkin

I claim Spiritualist, but I don't have the ability to jail people. I have no reason to lie about this because the mafia already knows about changing the role to vigilante, and so I believe that it would only steer us away from the tracks.

An ex-Spiritualist at that matter.

Going onward, I believe that reading people with my cursed by MM claim will not fare well, as it does not matter how, I will still die due to their ability.

My current townread is Fletch, and my townleans are Bardothren, gimmepie and Sawsbuck.

Although sermingly farfetched to some, I believe that Fletch not knowing what a VT is points to him being innocent, as if he was in a mafia or third party chat, which if my memory does not betray me, both third parties are united groups with the exception of Meleanolu. The odds of their innocence are higher than the odds of his scumminess.

Bardothren and gimmepie, although 2-4 posters, have a towny vibe to their posts.
In Sawsbuck's case, I think that scum!Sawsbuck would have joined in a wagon without thinking twice.

And before I forget, [Un-lynch] Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
Killing the target before their impending death will only let the Magic Man take the ability for themselves that much sooner​

Okay, that's something I figured could be the case, but needed clarification on.

So the Magic Man can remove any role in the game, replace it with any ability he wants, and is guaranteed to get that ability unless he dies or the Priest's one-time use ability is used. I don't like that. Especially since all of the Magic Man's abilities will be passed onto the Dark Dreamer when he dies.

Unfortunately that means Sparkin is off the table as a target right now, and I also don't trust him with a vig role. So that's no good.

As for the EC thing, this is well within their typical behavior, so I remain a null read there for now.

edit: ninja'd. Well, at least there's finally a claim from Sparkin.

Last edited:

Sparkin

same when I thought my role was telepath but it was actually a jailor

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 19, 2023
So, it seems Sparkin is The Spiritualist. As no one counterclaimed you yet, I think you are telling the truth, but just to be sure: Who did you jail in N0?

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Right then, it's clear I was wrong. Just going to do a random vote here.

[Unvote] Sparkin
[Vote] Nakuzami

Back