• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Feedback Request: Emblems!

How much do you care about emblems?

• Total voters

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
  • I like emblems and I wish that I had more. Because members that do know where they are can come and see some of the things I've accomplished here and then I can go look at my own profile and feel accomplished about the things that I've done here. And a lot of them look really neat. Making emblems for people is also really fun and it feels good to be able to distribute them to people. And it would be neat to implement what Maruno said about maybe choosing 5 of our emblems to have posted in a mini size with out posts. I don't like the idea of getting rid of them completely and I'm not sure how I feel about getting rid of them and putting in something better. It would have to be really freaking cool to replace emblems.

Edit: Thinking about it more I actually think I'd be less likely to be online so much if there weren't emblems or something of the sort.

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I'd be sad to see the emblems disappear. I got most of mine from events, mainly GTs, but other events as well. They're like a reminder of the fun times I had around here, I can look at those pictures and say, "yeah I remember I was here waiting for X/Y to be released, I remember the movies and that egg swap back in 2013".

And others I got for being active around the forum, like the clubs or gen 5 sub-forums. Those were a really nice surprise, and they have an even deeper sentimental value too, they're like a recognition that, indeed, someone reads my posts and they think my contribution to the forum was valuable enough to deserve this.

So what I'm saying is, I know that they don't have much meaning to most people, or that most don't care about your emblems -- yeah, I admit that I don't always look at them on others users' profiles. But they do have meaning to the one who earned them in the first place. I personally don't see them as trophies or huge achievements, but it's nice to have them as a way to commemorate certain occasions, so I like to like at mine every now and then. Also, they get my collector's sense tingling ^^

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • I don't know I really feel personally about them. But, from what I'm hearing, it sounds like a lot of memories come from them.

Maybe if we add something TO it, maybe a sort of... attainable badge thing? I dunno. Or, possibly achievements to show people's dedication to the site. It's very nice to be recognized for being a part of the community (even though I have very little to show), and I think we should just add more to the concept.

But, that's just me. ;P

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I never really cared for emblems. They are nice to strive for, but I always forget about them eventually. I'm usually not this extreme when it comes to something like this, but I opted just to scrap 'em.

rom hunter

tongue-tied
    Years
  • I would care for emblems because I am new to the forum and just getting used to. So, I don't know much about this emblem stuff but just have a rough idea about it. Whatever it is I don't wan't this emblem giving ritual to end. It sounds good and keeps one interested. (Remember the medal rally in black2/white2? Wasn't that interesting?)

Years
  • I think I'm with the majority of the previous members who have already posted: emblems are neat little elements to the forum that are equivalent to an achievement of some sort, but they're not quintessential in that I absolutely need to get them all. When looking through profiles, the emblems serve as a standout section if the profile is convoluted with text.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2015
    I don't care if the emblem system is removed or changed.

As a newer forum member, I didn't even know/understand about emblems until recently. If the emblem system were removed, it wouldn't affect me. (i.e.: I participated in a forum activity and was apparently supposed to receive an emblem for it but never got it. I didn't even know what an emblem was at the time.) If it was kept, then it clearly needs a lot of change/revamping to it.

A lot of us new forum users don't know anything about emblems, and users who've earned such-and-such emblems haven't received them. It seems like if the emblems were removed, most people wouldn't notice/care or they would get over it eventually.

Having lots of "hidden achievement" emblems is cool and all, but it's not effective if the mods don't keep up with it, thus the deserving user never receives the emblem, and they never know to ask for it because it's a "hidden achievement".

Would there be any way to make the system (or part of the system) automatic? Like, if a user were to reach x number of posts or visited a forum section y number of times, the emblem will automatically be added to their profile. Obviously, that's not viable with more specialized ones or challenges because those would need to be checked by a mod. I don't know if that's possible or even feasible, but if there was a way to automate the system to give out the basic emblems, it would certainly streamline the process and save the mods a lot of work.

Chiere

Banned
    Years
  • Maybe we could keep some of the emblems, such as the more "popular" ones and replace the others with something else, like Antemortem suggested. I like that idea.

Years
  • Emblems!

This doesn't look to bad, or does it? Too cluttered?

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Emblems are.. meh.

In terms of something similar, I think achievements could be neat, provided any exclusive ones that you can't get again would be in their own specific category. And nothing that would encourage low-quality posts, like achievements for post count or something.

Yukari

Hmm... I definitely think emblems should be kept, but I also think they need some major changes. Yeah, I wish I could change my vote now. :/

I mean, emblems are nice and all; but most of them seem pointless, too easy to get, or are totally impossible to get. Emblems given for participating in something are nice; but they're completely inaccessible to users who joined after [Insert Event Here]. I guess that it's fair, but it doesn't feel fair if you weren't here during that event.

And, from what I've hear the system in which some emblems are given out just sucks. Like the PC IS MY LIFE emblem. You might not get that emblem even if you are on constantly.

Theblackvixen

The Delphox Queen
    Years
  • Hopefully, this should help you understand what they are. :) The emblem list is no longer there, though, but as far as I know, only request-able emblems we have are for celebrating birthday, gaining supportership, becoming veteran, and staying paired with somebody for a year. Might be missing a couple, but these are the ones people most frequently ask for.

Thanks! I'll read this later today! ^^ you're pretty helpful!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Maybe we could keep some of the emblems, such as the more "popular" ones and replace the others with something else.

That would be great, haha. There are so tons of emblems out there, and many are unused; if those were cleaned up, I'm sure it would go a long way. The list would be slimmed down, and mods would be having easier time finding whatever they're looking for. =) My idea was to do it every two - three months, but now that I think about it, it sounds a little too frequent; once or twice a year should be perfectly fine.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I wouldn't miss it if emblems were no longer distributed...but I quite enjoy looking at the ones I have, I actually laughed out loud when I was awarded one for "jumping on the bandwagon" with regards to my profile design at the time, it would be a shame to lose the record of that.

PinkOmnimon

Alpha and Omega
    Years
  • I love emblems, though I don't have any. I try my best to find ways to get them. And if they were gotten rid of I would be really upset :(

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • I really couldn't care but if you had a rep system like imgur I would look at it sometimes maybe if I felt like it

but that turned out really bad for everyone here the past few times that happened, because of the different culture, etc.

so I really have no solutions, but I really think it should be better. If nobody can think of anything, letting it sit there or automatizing it might be the best route to go because some people might have some sort of attachment to the ones they already have

yep that sure was helpful

Back