• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Gary's Mod (Beta 2 Released!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Arkadios

PKMN Trainer Zalkari
Years
This hack looks very well done, however, I am going to wait for a complete version. I really don't like incomplete hacks. So awesome it looks waiting I shall.

Years
Teh Blazer, love this hack. The new areas feature is interesting along with the screens. I understand why all pokemon are not in this hack for your reasons which make sense to me ;).

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
Oh man I'm eagerly waiting for this hack update. Keep the good work. Anyway, It would be really nice if you could take this into consideration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktskEn5q7gg

That was Pokemon Generations episode 3. This is true canon of the Pokemon games exposed by the Pokemon Youtube channel and it features how Gary/Blue became the champion shortly before facing Red. It depicts dialog that you may be able to include the hack's story (since Gary does talk in your game).

Hopefully you may share some news soon! ;)

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jan 2, 2019
Now that everyone is high on Generations Episode 3, may I advertise this on Reddit?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 1, 2021
This is a great hack, but a few questions, is saffron included in beta 2? if it is how do I get the tea to get in, also where can i get bulbasaur just curious. Keep up the good work btw one of my favorite hacks i have ever played

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 23, 2016
How do I get a Pokemon with cut. I can't figure out which ones to keep and which ones to throw in the P.C.

RomHackerFireRed

Can you tell me please what is the ini file G3HS for this hack?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
Man we missing some update on the hack. This is a fantastic idea and hopefully you get the opportunity to complete it. Good luck.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Sorry I haven't had an update in awhile, school + work is a deadly combo that sucks all of my free time. That being said, here's something I've been working on for a bit.

Yeah. The way it happens is:

1. the pokémon are sent out
2. "Enemy pokémon is reacting to Mega Stone"- text appears
3. (IF MY POKÉMON OHK'S THE OPPONENT) Due to my pokémon being faster and having a type advantage, I knock the pokémon out in one hit
4.Next pokémon (in order of how they appear on the opponent's team, not in the order in which they're sent out) has the sprite of the previously mega evolved pokémon

alternatively, the opposing pokémon survives the round in which it mega evolves and the mega evolved sprite is shown once the opposing pokémon performs a move.

Hope this description helps you. If you want, I can screen capture this and make the video available to you. Just let me know ;)

Hmm, that's really interesting (lol I know, kinda late). I'll definitely have to look into that.

I'm a long time lurker, but have to make an exception to post this:

Thank you so much for making this hack. I've always wanted to play a Gary hack haha. Like, no joke, been something I've wanted for years. Gonna play the beta soon as I can, this is fantastic.

Question, does the game allow your rival to be either Red or the female protag of fire red? Just wondering because I like having both options, but it's just a personal preference thing, not complaining if it's not possible/not doable.

It follows the canon of Yellow version where the fenale protag wasn't made yet, so only Red I'm afraid. :/

Can't wait for the next beta. Enjoying this ROM hack a lot.

Haha I can't wait either.

Hi! I was wondering if you've advertised this game on Reddit yet? I'm sure lots of Redditors would love to play this game.

Hmm, never really thought about it that much tbh

Can you make it this hack with DS style sprites please?

It's a consideration, but since it's a minor graphical thing I'd save it for after I've finished the game.

First, I want to say how much I'm living this hack. Second, a few glitches to report. Grabbing the Old Amber and going to your key items freezes the game. Talking to badge checking guy on route 24 freezes the game. The Charmander you get from the egg doesn't know any moves. And a trainer in Rock Tunnel has a Pokémon that doesn't know any moves. Third, some questions. Approximately when is the next beta going to be done? And how would I transfer my save file when I do load it?

Thanks for all of those, they've been fixed for the next beta.
I'm not 100% sure when beta 3 will be done, but the hope is that once winter break comes around I'll have more time to devote to the hack. I doubt I'd get beta 3 (up to elite 4) done during the winter break, but a sizeable chunk should be completed. And just patch beta 3's ips patch to a clean rom and rename the rom/save file so they both match.

This hack looks very well done, however, I am going to wait for a complete version. I really don't like incomplete hacks. So awesome it looks waiting I shall.

Haha thanks, extra motivation!

Teh Blazer, love this hack. The new areas feature is interesting along with the screens. I understand why all pokemon are not in this hack for your reasons which make sense to me ;).

Thanks, I'll try and squeeze in as much as I can without ruining the experience though. :)

Oh man I'm eagerly waiting for this hack update. Keep the good work. Anyway, It would be really nice if you could take this into consideration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktskEn5q7gg

That was Pokemon Generations episode 3. This is true canon of the Pokemon games exposed by the Pokemon Youtube channel and it features how Gary/Blue became the champion shortly before facing Red. It depicts dialog that you may be able to include the hack's story (since Gary does talk in your game).

Hopefully you may share some news soon! ;)

Thanks for bringing this to my attention! Definitely some usable stuff to include haha

Now that everyone is high on Generations Episode 3, may I advertise this on Reddit?

Haha sure, advertise it anywhere you want, it's not like I'm gonna stop you.

This is a great hack, but a few questions, is saffron included in beta 2? if it is how do I get the tea to get in, also where can i get bulbasaur just curious. Keep up the good work btw one of my favorite hacks i have ever played

Saffron is left locked up, you'll access it in beta 3.
iirc Bulbasaur is one of the earlier trades you can get.

Has this hack got mega evolution in batle like gaia?

Yep

Great hack,i like it.Hope you can still develop this hack.

Haha I hope so too

How do I get a Pokemon with cut. I can't figure out which ones to keep and which ones to throw in the P.C.

Any grass Pokemon can learn cut, I didn't change any movesets from the original games.

Can you tell me please what is the ini file G3HS for this hack?

Haha that's a secret ;)

So when exactly is Beta 3 coming out?? I'm dying to play it

I'll have to consult my crystal ball for that answer...

Man we missing some update on the hack. This is a fantastic idea and hopefully you get the opportunity to complete it. Good luck.

Same, hopefully I can live up to the hype haha

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tbh I haven't made much progress I'm ready to show everyone yet, however I did manage to finally replace all of those ugly sprites I made with much better ones. Huge thanks Cranhic for sharing his overworld sprites with me!

bZvjNsG.png

Fishing has never looked this good!

rArAUUi.png

Titanic 2.0 rip Leo

g93zZTD.png

"Every door should have a key to open it.
Otherwise it's not a door, it's a wall."

Years
Hello Teh Blazer I have two questions: I wanted to know to what extent was your fantastic hack (you managed to make me love more your creation that my NBA 17 and is not insignificant): D and then wanted to ask if there's a way fast "reverse" the red characters with Blue on red fire with overworld program, since it is the only program that i can not make good use Thank you for your creation :)

Years
Why do I feel like the third screenshot might include some type of battle with a 'partner' of sorts and pressing two or three different 'switches' to get the door to unlock?

Good progress here TehBlazer, I'm excited as always to see a finished project and more updates, keep us posted! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back