• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who is your Internet Provider?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Because y'know, we wouldn't be able to browse the internet without a network connection of some sort! As the title says, who is your internet provider, and are you satisfied with them in terms of your internet's speed and stability? Why or why not?

As for me, my internet provider is Bell Canada, and you know, while it's not bad, the internet does have its.. ungraceful moments. Unless its' normal - like sometimes we find ourselves without a stable connection for minutes to an hour? But they always resolve the issue, so it's good.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • My ISP is Consolidated Communications, or CCI as they like to call themselves. I'm pretty happy with them. I used to have Time Warner Cable, and they sucked. I like CCI because I get 30/5 for $30 a month.

Years
  • My family's ISP is Verizon FiOS. Before that, we had Verizon DSL, which was honestly some of the slowest ****. Right now, we get 25/25 for around $45, but that's from 2010 as well. I'm sure they have higher speeds now for lower prices, but don't get me wrong.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    We used to have Time Warner package at our house few years back, which, I believe, came with Road Runner. It was super-fast, and would load everything naturally without any hassle at all; I loved it.

However, some issues had caused us to eventually switch, and since we didn't exactly want to lose the experience that their service had given us, we wound up switching to an exact (well, maybe not precisely exact, but you know) replica, which would be Verizon FiOS. Luckily, this one turned out to be even better.

Due to budget cuts, unfortunately, we had to cancel our Internet plan from Verizon and go only with their TV and phone deal. Because of this, I was forced to switch to my cellphone Internet, which has data-cap; per month, the maximum amount of data I'm able to put under use is 5gb, and once those are done--which get burnt within merely a week--the speed wound slow down quite heavily.

Luckily, we're moving back to Verzion towards end of January, and once we do, things will hopefully go back to the way they were; I'm pretty excited for it!

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Started off with SingNet dialup (owned by SingTel, a government-based company), followed by SingTel DSL and now on M1 fibre broadband.

I don't know. SingTel is just... terrible. They have poor customer support, and we're paying a lot for less. In the past, we coughed up ~$70 per month for 10mbps of Internet. They constantly overcharged us which often led to quarrels over the phone. The actual speeds were not amazing either. I can still remember YouTube buffer with no end.

Switched to M1 fibre partly due to a promotion ($39 for 100mbps) and did so right when my contract with $ingTel ended. I was really pleased with the switch. Everything just felt a lot faster. Of course, M1 isn't known to be the most reliable in Singapore, but I'm happy enough with the service and I don't think I will switch providers anytime soon.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Right now my ISP is Virgin Mobile, who doesn't sell broadband outside the U.K. however I'm on a cellular tether and they're my phone provider. Right now I'm a bit pissed at them because they cut my data speeds down from about 1Mbps to 65Kbps after using 2560MB which lasts me all of a week with how heavily I use it. My mother owes $560 to Time Warner Cable from like four years ago for a reason even she doesn't understand, but honestly they're the best in town and even with others connected over wireless here at my aunt's place we're getting over the 15/2 they pay for here. I want TWC.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Time Warner Cable. It's literally the only ISP in my town. We don't have AT&T or anything like that, but we all know AT&T sucks in terms of internet. I have a love-hate relationship with TWC right now. Their internet is freaking awesome in terms of speed (~15 mbps), and customer service is pretty good. The random outages I get (not just me, the whole freaking town gets an outage) are really annoying.

I never had any problems with TWC aside from the outages, Houston has Xfinity so I might end up getting that.

Lexa

My maturity level depends on who I'm with. ;D
    Years
  • BrightHouse. They're not bright at all.
    The internet cuts out every single night for about an hour.
    It's quite ridiculous and annoying.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • We have Mediacom, which is most likely Arizona-based. XD It's an okay internet provider, but they have their days. However, since they updated something... can't remember what it was now, we haven't had any problems losing our connection at all.

obZen

Kill Your Heroes
    Years
  • Using Time Warner Cable, absolutely hating it.
    I heard that Google Fiber might come to Staten Island, which would be a Godsend

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • Google Fiber! I love it because it's so fast. Sometimes I click a link and it loads so fast I have to take a moment to realize "hey my new page loaded." because it happens quicker than the blink of an eye.

Using Time Warner Cable, absolutely hating it.
    I heard that Google Fiber might come to Staten Island, which would be a Godsend
    please get it. I used to have TWC too and they're a pain in the arse. You'll love Google Fiber.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I'm stuck with Verizon DSL because I live in the boondocks. It's stable and rarely ever drops (it used to be horrible but they did some work with the wiring around my area and it fixed all the instability) but holy crap it's soon slow. I sometimes take stuff to work to download on my laptop just because we have FiOS there and it's exponentially faster.

Years
  • I'm on Verizon FiOS! We have quite an expensive plan so the internet speeds are pretty darn good. Fiber sounds delicious (lmao) but we probably won't ever have it regardless of if it comes to Staten Island or not.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I'm with Rogers.

We were with Bell for a long time, until I convinced the family to switch to Rogers because the TV quality was just subpar with Bell. Family preferred to bundle everything with one provider for minimal savings, so we got our Internet too from them. Which worked out well, faster and unlimited for less money. And compared to services like smaller, but popular, TekSevy I'm doing okay in speed test comparisons

Years
  • I've got Shaw Cable as my internet provider, which is one of the two or three major providers here in western Canada. It's not the greatest, but I'm getting my internet for free right now, so I guess I have no room to complain (even though my previous provider Telus gave me 3X the D/L speed than I have now...).

Back