• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Steven's gift

Years
  • Every generation has a psuedolegedary pokémon. Generation 3 introduced not just one, but two lines of Pokemon. One is the rare dragon pokemon bagon, whose final evolution is the fearsome sweeper Salamence, ace Pokemon of the Elite Four's Drake. The other is Beldum, a steel/psychic Pokemon who is even more uncommon, in fact it's so rare that it can't be obtained in the wild in it's debut gen--only one Beldum can be found in all of Hoenn, a gift from the champion Steven Stone in Mossdeep City. Beldum is a challenging Pokemon to use, knowing only one move take-down originally, but with patience it evolves into Metang at level 20, and fully evolves at level 45 into the mighty physical tank Metagross, Steven's signature Pokemon.

Did you accept Steven's Beldum, and raise it as your own Metagross and/or use it to breed any Beldum of your own? If yes, did you ever use Metagross competively in gen 3's OU, or verse it? In-game how did you find the battle with Steven Stone, and his Meteor Mash-using Metagross? Hard, easy, somewhere in-between? Let me know what you think of this bad boy.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm sure I took it in R/S, never say no to free stuff. Don't remember if I ever used it though in-game, and Gen 3 was before I got into competitive Pokemon.

It's cool shit though, loved that we got a free shiny Beldum/Mega Metagross in ORAS.

Years
  • I do remember I accepted Steven's Beldum. I've never raised it and instead I boxed it. I battled Steven and his Metagross was hard to defeat and I don't even remember how I defeated his Metagross.

Years
  • if I am not wrong that was almost at the end of the game, therefore I didn't because of laziness and because I didn't need to, but metagross is really strong!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I always take the Beldum. I have used it before in a playthrough, yes, and used it in the Battle Frontier because Metagross is really good. Beldum is annoying to catch, and hatch from an egg, so I'd rather just use the free one Steven just gives you instead. Also, considering you can't catch Beldum in R/S/E anyway, using the free one he gives you is just easy, if you get me. <_<

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    It was postgame content so I didn't end up using it much. Having had only Sapphire use was fairly limited, as well, restricted mostly to ingame battles and the Battle Tower.

I did get to use it in later games, though; Gen 6 in particular since they gave away that shiny one.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I raised it all the way once, but I don't remember any of the details. You get it way too late in the game to do anything with it... especially in RS I don't remember there being much of a post game. I'm pretty sure the one time I raised it was in Emerald and that was only because of the battle frontier.

Years
  • I did took it in my first Sapphire playthrough and evolved it into Metagross, but just to get the Dex entry. Haven't really used Beldum/Metagross that much otherwise.

Years
  • Steven and his Metagross were epic to me, so of course I wanted one of my own. Was super happy as a kid when I got a Beldum from him. Of course I trained it as high as I could (can't remember what level exactly), having it was the most satisfying thing <3 Especially after all the torture trying to get it to evolve because of the poor pre-evo moveset! lol

yamibakura95

Shadow Gamer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2022
    I RNGed an adamant beldum (it was the second pokemon i rnged first was latios) with 27/3/26/15/25/30 which i evolved into metagross and used it in my battle frontier endeavor. I got 6 golds with him, swampert and latios.

Back