• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Shaneharro1 said:
    After I imported my edited Bulbasaur sprite into unLZ-GBA and wrote to rom (I only have export image, export pallete and automaticly fix pointers ticked, otherwise it says it's too big) I go into the game and instead of seeing my edited Bulbasaur there is nothing there at all, like not even a glitchy image, just like there is no sprite there at all.

Can somone help me?

Did you happen to change any palettes or resize the image? If not, it could have to do something with your ROM file.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
  • ok, is there any possible way to make the pokemon your inserting have a different pallete then the original one!
    I know you can, but i can't figure out how.

Also, if we insert pokemon in those empty slots above celebi, will they appear in the wild pokemon view in a-map?

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    itman1234 said:
    ok, is there any possible way to make the pokemon your inserting have a different pallete then the original one!
    I know you can, but i can't figure out how.

Also, if we insert pokemon in those empty slots above celebi, will they appear in the wild pokemon view in a-map?

The problem with that is the number of moves the ?? Pokemon learn, they can possibly be extended in hex.

FHJoker said:
    how do you edit or replace music in Pokemon Gold?

There should be a program called s_e v1.3 which can edit the music, but to loop it you would need to put FD 00 ll hh and 00 means continuous loop, if over 00 then it will repeat the amount of times you specified, ll is the low byte and hh is the high byte, which should also be the starting point of the music.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2008
    ok, call me a noob, but I cant seem to figure out how to change the map labels, from... say Pallet Town to become something else, like Goldenshore City. The drop-down menu on elitemap just lets me select a new label, but I can't type in a new name for an existing label. i know I'm overlooking something basic, but help would be appreciated.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I know how to do that, but there is no expand or anything.

http://i32.tinypic.com/20jpsp3.jpg

Okay...
    1st step is......
    Spoiler:

2nd...
    Spoiler:

3rd...
    Spoiler:

4th...
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Shiny Charizard said:
    How can I insert D/P pokemon into a ruby rom????

You need to resize the current D/P Pokemon and palette change the Pokemon until correct and then use unLZ.GBA, Pokepic or RS Ball to export a sprite and paste the D/P one over it then import it back using those programs.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2008
    After I imported my edited Bulbasaur sprite into unLZ-GBA and wrote to rom (I only have export image, export pallete and automaticly fix pointers ticked, otherwise it says it's too big) I go into the game and instead of seeing my edited Bulbasaur there is nothing there at all, like not even a glitchy image, just like there is no sprite there at all.

Can somone help me?

Open your rom with Free Space Finder. Choose Search From Offset and type 800000 and click search. It will give you an offset. Write that down.

BACK UP YOUR ROM

Now go to unLZ-GBA, open your rom, and import your edited bulbasaur pic over the old one.
    Now, click Write to ROM and make sure
    "Auto abort if new data is bigger" is NOT checked. By Image Offset, type in the offset you wrote down earlier (after the 00) so if your offset is, for e.g., 800501, you type 00800501. Click OK and it sure work :D

ok, call me a noob, but I cant seem to figure out how to change the map labels, from... say Pallet Town to become something else, like Goldenshore City. The drop-down menu on elitemap just lets me select a new label, but I can't type in a new name for an existing label. i know I'm overlooking something basic, but help would be appreciated.

Just use Advance Map, it's waaay better.

Last edited:

Larsie13

When I replace Kyogre with Dialga in unLZ, I do everything as I should, yet I get a glitchy image. What do I need to do to fix that?

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • Can anyone tell me how to fix this? I only inserted a tileset 3 times and this is already happening! Usually It should happen When I do it a Lot of times, but 3? Anyone?

Don't mind the Glitched trees. I just inserted them, and I didn't fix them yet.

I even tried it on a Clean Rom, and inserted it just once!

Proof.jpg

Last edited:

derv1205

Trade/Battle/Breed/Clone (X,B2,D)
    Years
  • When I replace Kyogre with Dialga in unLZ, I do everything as I should, yet I get a glitchy image. What do I need to do to fix that?

This is what i answered in another thread that asked the same ^^

Thats easy, that happens when the sprite is bigger that the one you are replacing...
    Im not talking about the file size that is 64 x 64, im talking about the lonely sprite ^^
    Eg: If you insert Darkrai, replacing Pidgey, that lines might appear and the next sprite
    will dissapear. If you check the box that says "Auto Abor If New Data Is Bigger", a message
    will appear saying that the imagen is too big... You Understand? Is simple, Darkrai is Bigger
    than Pidgey in size ^^ I hope i had clear out this doubt ^^

Larsie13

This is what i answered in another thread that asked the same ^^
    Thats easy, that happens when the sprite is bigger that the one you are replacing...
    Im not talking about the file size that is 64 x 64, im talking about the lonely sprite ^^
    Eg: If you insert Darkrai, replacing Pidgey, that lines might appear and the next sprite
    will dissapear. If you check the box that says "Auto Abor If New Data Is Bigger", a message
    will appear saying that the imagen is too big... You Understand? Is simple, Darkrai is Bigger
    than Pidgey in size ^^ I hope i had clear out this doubt ^^

Oh okay, I get it. But is there no way to avoid that glitch?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back