• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendaries revealed!

Years
  • This was in the trailer but it's a big reveal, so I think it deserves its own thread!

The SV legends were revealed not long ago and they're epic imo.

Left is Scarlet (Koraidon), right is Violet (Miraidon):
    legendary.png

What do you think of these guys? Has it changed your opinion on which version to pick?

Last edited:
    Years
  • I love them both, but omg Violet's one looks AMAZING, like it has potential to become one of my all time fav pokemon. It's extremely cool.

Years
  • Violet's one definitely sealed the deal on that game for me
    Purple was already my favorite color but this is just
    wow

definitely the cooling looking legendaries in a long time

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm very curious about those wheels on their chests. It's not the least bit subtle on Scarlet's legendary, while Violet's is practically a bike. If the player doesn't ride either at some point (maybe the climax) it'll be a wasted opportunity lol.

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    Based on the trailer, I was going to pick Violet at first but the more I look at both legendaries, I think I will still go with Scarlet

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I love both pokemon. It is rare when I end up liking both Legends equally.

From the names, Korai, is the plural form of a standing Archaic stone statue made of limestone or marble in Ancient Greece. Mirai is a type of malware that can turn certain computers into a robot and used in large scale network attacks.

pkmin3033

First we had Blue-Eyes White Dragon and Red-Eyes Black Dragon in Reshiram and Zekrom, and now we have Pokemon's versions of Stardust Dragon and Red Dragon Archfiend!

These both look ridiculous, but I'm totally fine with that - anything is an improvement over Zacian and Zamazenta, and I'd say these are better than Reshiram/Zekrom too. A tad overdesigned, maybe. But neither one of them looks like they'll be part-Fighting, so that's a win in my books. I'll probably go with Miraidon and Violet first, unless Scarlet's exclusives are substantially better...as was the case with Shield. But I'll wind up playing both and not using the Legendary in my final team anyway so it's a moot point.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Big meh. They barely look any different from the monsters found in Digimon or Yu-Gi-Oh. Part of why I looked forward to seeing Legendary Pokémon was the unique takes on the mythology/lore and themes of the games, but these two look sort of... generic? I don't know. They'll take a while to grow on me, if they do at all.

EDIT: Upon letting some time pass, I think I have a slight leaning towards Miraidon. I really like futuristic-looking stuff and it clearly looks Electric-type so I'm not surprised it grew on me quicker than the other one. I love the color red, but Koraidon is taking some time to get used to... so I'll just hope Miraidon's shiny is red and resettable. 🤞

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • They even have Japanese names, of all things. Why. We would have garbled those names into oblivion centuries ago.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Koraidon: One or two colors too many. Would likely remove the tire sticking out from its chest. Looks unnatural. Creates an impression of an S-shaped body. Not bad otherwise.

Miraidon: Feels very confused by engine legs. Is this meant to be a floating jet bike or a jet ski? Prefers this one between the two. Generally likes those colors better.

I'm very curious about those wheels on their chests. It's not the least bit subtle on Scarlet's legendary, while Violet's is practically a bike. If the player doesn't ride either at some point (maybe the climax) it'll be a wasted opportunity lol.
    Never quite put it together until seeing your comment. Agrees. Also designed both with handlebars.

Sort of cheapens their impression. Exists to be ridden by the player. Feels like less of a natural creature. (Could be a human-made Pokemon, though.)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Both of the designs feel very grounded and well balanced to me, personally. Much better than some previous legendary duos, imo.

I just hope they explain why they look like transformers lol.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Miraidon literally means Future Lord, I'm just saying you know. "Mirai" future -don lord in Spanish.

These legendaries definitely have a past and future theme going for them. For the most part, I like both of them, but mildly disappointed they're Dragon types again. Of the two, I think I like Koraidon more, though.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2022
    I think the design for both is a step into what pokemon could look like in future, but still not way out there like...Eternatus or the ultras.. not a fan of those. These two look really thought out and the colors pop. We need more of that along with decent shines that are not just muted colors of the original.

Years
    • Seen today
    They look fine. Nothing inherently wrong but nothing mind-blowing either, we'll have to see how they look in 3D since some Pokémon get favored (and some the opposite) by this.

Legendaries are decorative for me anyway, so it wouldn't impact my version choice anyway. I'll choose based on version-exclusives, to ensure I get the correct version in case a Pokémon I'd like on my team is only in one of them.

Back