• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Useful discussions?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    To what level do you feel like you're actually learning and gaining ideas and skills from participating in discussions here in the Theatre? Do you mostly see it as casual fun to reply to a thread, or are you the kind who gets heavily invested and tries to soak up as many hints and tricks as possible maybe?

Personally, for me it varies a lot. Some days I just feel like reminiscing and think back on my past RPs and reply something fitting from that. Other days I guess i can be more invested and really want to analyze a topic here. Those days are too rate lately though, I want to work on that! There have been so many nice proper discussions here lately and I hope we can all become more comfortable and cool roleplayers for it~

So, what's your own style in the Theatre threads? (:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Well, I always do try to answer the posts here in the discussion. I particularly like discussions regarding play style as it gives me a glimpse on how other people play and maybe incorporate some details of it in my writing. I mean, we're all here to improve right?

Years
  • I'm pretty variable. Sometimes I could chat in here for hours about in-depth character characteristics and writing styles and GMing/World Building. Other days I want to cast Liam Neeson for the Gunpowder movie.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • I enjoy casually sifting through the threads here. I'm sure I've picked up a lot more than I've realized from here! It also is a good way to interact with the theatre whilst I'm not in a RP currently!

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Right now, I'm definitely doing this more for casual fun and just having a nice chat and get my thoughts typed out but I know I've been picking things up from these discussions as I can see the evolution in my writing. This stems from both these discussions and from reading others' works.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I like to keep everything casual and avoid threads that I know will make me want to go into full rant discussion mode. I feel like you have one person disagree from the majority (and sometimes around here it gets hive mind-y) & then get 2-3 people "ganging" up on them, which I feel can be a bit intimidating when you're only expressing your opinion.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • I like posting/reading the Theatre threads and getting to know how other roleplayers' minds operate (which eventually lets me know them better as a creative person).

Sometimes it reminds me that I have very little experience in roleplaying, compared to others, and acts as a little motivator to participate more...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Honestly I never really take most of these other conversations very seriously, although I probably should. Most of them mostly just seem like fun little questions to get the opinions of various players, get people involved, etc. That being said, some conversations tend to be useful here, and even necessary *cough cough* Thread that just went up about elitism *cough cough*

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Mostly its just casual fun in the rpt. I've been thinking about posting some more not so casual threads, but idk.

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
    Years
  • I don't think I'm gaining much. I do like looking at the threads to get an insight about the other member's opinions and positions on things, but that's more of a way to get them know them better than improving myself personally.

I am a bit disappointed that we have a lot of threads that don't get a lot of replies before they're forgotten about. I wish we had more discussions that warranted deeper or longer discussion, but the problem with those threads is that you have to think of something interesting to talk about! Not really that easy.

Other than that I think this is a good place for general discussion or forum games or something. :)

Back