• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That npc has my name!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Have you ever encountered an NPC trainer in Pokemon that has your name? If you're unsure, search up your name on Bulbapedia, and see if you find any matching NPCs.

I've... never seen an NPC with the name Kory, no. I've seen Cory, but never my spelling.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I am an Elite Four member...the Psychic Master Caitlin. Same spelling...though shame its not an Electric Master but close enough.

Years
  • There is Club Member John in Pokémon TCG game that was released on GBC. He uses Fire/Colorless deck in the first game and pure Fire deck in the second game.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • When I was a kid I kind of resented Erika for having my name but spelt wrong because I figured that meant there would never be another chance for me to end up in a Pokémon game. (I also hated grass types at the time.) But then in gen 4, there was a Swimmer Erica on one of the water routes, so I made it in after all! (And gen 4 is when I started to appreciate grass types, obviously, so now I have nothing to resent Erika for. :D)

Years
  • There is a Tyler in the Anime who has a Piplup.

Tyler is also a common name for Youngsters:
    • FRLG - S.S. Anne feat. a level 21 Nidoran M
    • D/P - Route 204 - feat. a level 5 Magikarp & level 5 Starly. (only a level 8 Magikarp @ Platinum)
    • X & Y - Route 6 - feat. a level 12 Venipede & level 12 Scrafty
    • S&M / USUM - Malie Garden - feat. a level 30 Rattata, Ekans, and Zubat.
    • LGPE - S.S. Anne - feat. a Level 16 Mankey

There's also a Battle Girl named Tyler on Iron Island with a level 34 Medicham.
    Also there's a PokéManiac named Tyler in an e-reader battle with a Walrein, Rhydon, and Pinsir.
    Oh and I found a Psychic in a Contest named Tyler with a Spoink.

...this would be a neat challenge - like, playing a game where you could only catch Pokémon that an in-game trainer with your name has.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Probably exists in the every game but the only ones I can recall are Fire Red, Sun/Moon, and Galar. My name isn't that uncommon.

Years
  • EhMW6nY.png

Back