• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Could Gen 10 be the last Generation?

Years
  • So, i was thinking of something, i just happend to noticed that they keep producing Pokemon for every part of Generations, so i am thinking about that Generation 10 could be the last Pokemon franchise that has ever introduced so far and the last installment of the Pokemon core series so far.

Anyone have a prediction on when Pokemon World will be revealed at the end of the Pokemon?

(sorry for my poor English)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    There's always an end at some point but when that is no one will know. They thought Pokemon would be done after Gen 2 with Gold and Silver but look how far we've gotten now.

Years
  • I think that Pokemon's gotten to the point that it's too successful to die. It's not quite as old as some of Nintendo's other series (Mario, Donkey Kong, The Legend of Zelda, and Metroid series have been around for 30+ years), but I think that Pokemon is definitely in that same category, especially with the success it has outside of just the games.

That said, even if gen 10 were to be the end of Pokemon, we're probably 8+ years away from that, so it's not going away any time soon.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • As long as it keeps making money, it'll keep on going. Current trends suggests it's not going to end anytime soon.

Years
  • That said, even if gen 10 were to be the end of Pokemon, we're probably 8+ years away from that, so it's not going away any time soon.

I am sure spin-off games are still going to be made to this today, Pokemon has Mystery Dungeon and other spin-off that is popular to this today. They could also remake more of the previous Gen too. :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2019
    I think as far as we have new consoles, there will be new games, so I don't think it'll stop any time soon :) There's still megaplenty of creative space in Pokemon Universe and quite a hufe fan crowd, so stopping now seems unnecessary and useless

Years
  • If one really wishes to go off the deep end of cynicism, there's an argument to be made that Gen 10 would be the last one if Gen 9 sells like hot garbage.

But I mean, Pokemon games aren't known for selling poorly, so...

Years
    • Seen today
    At this point, I don't see a last generation happening.

It's sort of like asking, "Will there be a final Legend of Zelda game"?

It really doesn't make sense for them to stop making games for one of their most successful franchises.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
  • I don't think it will be.

I do, however, think it'll be a point where nintendo/game freak will stop and say "hang on, we should stop with the new gens for a while" and make a few new pokémon games without new pokémon, building more on what they already have.

There's enough legendaries now to fill an entire anthology series, to be honest.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Nah, Pokemon won't end with Generation Ten. Not unless Pokemon isn't selling well anymore. Sure, no Pokemon game will ever outsell R/G/B/Y, but I can't see Pokemon dying at Gen X. (Unless they stop at 1,000 Pokemon which is something I've been anticipating for years?)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Most likely not. While the Pokemon franchise will come to an end eventually, I think we're close enough to ten+ to predict its arrival with some certainty. It shows no signs of slowing down and as long as they keep making money, they're gonna keep pumping them out.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

I find that hard to believe tbh. Pokemon is so big now with GO, movies like Detective Pikachu, and the games are selling really well still. Pokemon just does not seem to be slowing down and I don't anticipate it will anytime soon.

Years
  • Well okay, but i know older generations of the Pokemon fans are moving on and are now focusing on other stuff than just being on Pokemon fandom altogether. At least we still have people born in 2000s who still like Pokemon to this today and i sure they'll enjoy playing it and even loving it franchise as a whole.

Guest123_x1

Taking all of the previous posts in this thread into account, while it's entirely possible that the Pokémon franchise will wind down its main series games as developed by Game Freak for the GB/GBC/GBA/DS/3DS and Switch at some point (I do remember reading somewhere quite awhile back that Game Freak was under contract to develop ten generations worth of core series Pokémon games that follow the basic gameplay format first introduced with Red and Green), I can imagine some other aspects of it will continue in some form or another, while new concepts will be introduced every now and then (such as what we saw with GO a few years back, and most recently the live-action/CGI Detective Pikachu movie).

Cid

Years
  • I'm sure it'll end one of these decades. But while it hasn't ended, I think it's pointless to speculate on when it will. Let's just enjoy the games as they arrive, and hope that they keep selling like hotcakes.

Alloute

Cat Burglar
    Years
  • Nintendo makes too much money off the franchise to just call it a day when Gen 10 gets released imo. I don't expect the franchise's popularity to decline by any noticeable amount before we reach Gen 10 anyway, and I doubt that Nintendo will ever be satisfied with how full their wallets are.

Pokedigifan1178

Most powerful being in fiction
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure one day Pokémon will die though I don't know when

Remember nothing lasts forever.

I'm pretty sure the creators are running low on ideas.

I feel like because Pokémon is running low on ideas they are "borrowing" from digimon.

First it's mega evolution then armored evolution sounds digimon to me.

Sorry if I'm adding digimon to this discussion but I'm just saying the creators are running low on ideas so they are "borrowing" from digimon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2019
    I hope it doesn't die. I at least want a chance to work there and help with creation of a game first!

Years
  • doubt it.

but that has been at the back of my mind for some time. what happens when the generation goes over 10? is pokemon go over generation 20? 30? is the pokemon gaming franchise immortal?

there will be a time where fans will get tired of new material especially if they release new generations so frequently //

Last edited:
    Back