• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV what shows are you watching?

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    rn im watching its always sunny and voltron legendary defender

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Feud, American Crime, Archer, Charmed and Big Little Lies!
    I've been pretty slack with watching TV lately so I'm glad to have a 'schedule' with these kinds of things. Feud is a LOT better than I was expecting, as I typically stop watching Ryan Murphy shows after four episodes because of the sheer cringe factor present in everything he makes. But not this time! He shows restraint, he's balanced out his usual actors with new names (big and small) and has done enough homework to make it very believable. But to me, Susan Sarandon is the true star. Managing to not fall into camp or overly gruesome histrionics, she's made Bette Davis far more believable as a star, and woman, in decline than Jessica Lange has as Joan Crawford, which has less to do with Lange's ability rather than Ryan Murphy giving in a bit too much to the legacy of Mommie Dearest.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., The Americans, Brooklyn Nine-Nine (back tonight, so excited!), Archer, The Expanse, Powerless. I also binged all 11 seasons of It's Always Sunny In Philadeplhia on UK Netflix in about 9 days :)

SHIELD has really got into its stride since about midway through season 2 - sadly everyone else tuned out before halfway through season 1 (myself included, my roommate last year got me into it), Powerless I think I'm mainly still watching because of Alan Tudyk but the others are all top, top shows. It's Always Sunny has become one of my favourite shows of all time, I just love it.

Veep is back this month too! April is one of the best months for American TV. Shame its also usually one of the months with the best weather where I am too.

Considering watching one of Preacher, Rick & Morty or Bojack Horseman right now too. Leaning towards the former because I'm a big fan of Dominic Cooper and Joe Gilgun, and Ruth Negga was solid in SHIELD too.

Bay

Years
  • Considering watching one of Preacher, Rick & Morty or Bojack Horseman right now too. Leaning towards the former because I'm a big fan of Dominic Cooper and Joe Gilgun, and Ruth Negga was solid in SHIELD too.
    YES to Ruth Negga, really like her in SHIELD too.

As for me, the shows I'm following now are Agents of SHIELD, Brooklyn Nine-Nine (thanks Amore for remind me lol) , Fresh Off the Boat, Gotham and Elementary. I was also watching 24: Legacy when Gotham was on hiatus for a while, and Legacy will have its finale next week.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Suits, Orphan Black.

Great shows. I feel like Orphan Black combines the whole sci-fi / thriller element with melodrama kinda like how Fast & Furious films combine street racing / heists / superheroes with melodrama - they both all keep coming back to "family".

Also - every episode of Suits consists of 50% people walking into rooms angrily, and 50% people walking out of rooms looking smug having dropped some sort of bomb. Still class though.

Years
  • Currently watching Riverdale, Hell's Kitchen and starting this weekend, the new season of Doctor Who! Give it a month or two and I'll definitely be rewatching Game of Thrones before Season 7 too :3

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • Also - every episode of Suits consists of 50% people walking into rooms angrily, and 50% people walking out of rooms looking smug having dropped some sort of bomb. Still class though.

LOL I love it though.

I might rewatch Game of Thrones too.

TheRose

Youtube Lets Player/Twitch Streamer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NJ
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I'm watching Billy The Exterminator. nice to see the show come back after a 5 year absence

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2019
    I'm not actually watching anything right now.
    But, come this Saturday, and I'll be back to watching Doctor Who <3

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • Haha, true story. I like this show, though. I agree it could use some refinement in the little details, but generally, episodes are well structured, although I don't think the original plot is running.

That's right. The original premise of the show couldn't last and it struggled after that.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    i started the get down yesterday and i absolutely love it

acting could be a bit better (looking at you, mylene) but this matches my aesthetic so well and i am very excited to continue it

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I was watching 13 Reasons Why, and finished it. Gruesome. I got vibes of Life Is Strange from it.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    But to me, Susan Sarandon is the true star. Managing to not fall into camp or overly gruesome histrionics, she's made Bette Davis far more believable as a star, and woman, in decline than Jessica Lange has as Joan Crawford, which has less to do with Lange's ability rather than Ryan Murphy giving in a bit too much to the legacy of Mommie Dearest.

In the last couple of episodes, this has proven itself to be even more evident. Ryan Murphy is determined to make the show a chronicle of the melodrama of Joan Crawford, focusing more and more on the decline of Crawford at the expense of an increasingly award-worthy performance by Susan Sarandon as Bette Davis. It's a bit frustrating to see two great characters, and actors (both Crawford/Davis and Lange/Sarandon) maligned by the overusage of one above the other.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Now I'm finally watching Doctor Who again :D And saw some of Sense8 yesterday but I've already seen it so we'll see if I feel keen on re-watching the whole thing before S2.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE.

A shame that is not anywhere as good as LiS :P

My ears perked at the mention of Life is Strange. Is the show anything like it? I've never heard of this show before but if it's anything like Life is Strange I may have to pick it up.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • It's not like it per se, but it's a sad story just like it and with highschool kids, so... It may have something to do with the main character's development, the curve is similar to that of Life Is Strange.

You telling me that... *gasp*
    Spoiler:

Back