• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hobbies for when you get old?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
Maybe this is just me and my friend being weird but sometimes we'll joke and talk about like "Oh I'm going to take up gardening when I'm 70." or something like that. My friend always says when she's 80 she's going to pick up heroin (I tell her that's a bad idea ) and today we waxed poetic about being art thieves and I said, "When I'm old maybe I'll just join a group of art thieves. But I won't do any of the stealing, I'll be the person at the computer back at HQ, disarming security cameras, keeping eyes on our target."

I often say when I'm old I'm going to open a dog rescue or start a small farm. ^^

What are your plans for old age? lol

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
In an idyllic future, I'll have my own place in the country with a big garden and animals, together with my current partner. Once our future kids have grown up, I'll go back to university and study animal-behaviour and environmental science, and travel around to different places to see and help amazing creatures. There'll be lots of travelling!

Then, when I hit my 80s, I'll live out my days with family around me, peaceful and content, painting my memories. The kind of life where you can sit back with a cup of tea and some chocolate biscuits and enjoy the day passing without a care in the world. I dearly wish for a charmed life.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
Write a book, perhaps? I already write fanfiction, but I don't do it often because life takes all motivation outta me. Granted, given that I'm planning to go into language and language teaching research, it could also be a non-fiction book detailing my experiences and findings.

I would also like to learn how to sew at a more advanced level and to knit so I can have fun with that when I'm older, making scarves and sweaters and plushies. Right now I'm more serious about improving on sewing as a life skill, but I would like to get to a point where I can do it for fun!

Years
I've never given it any thought. I pretty much live from day to day.

I doubt I could still do my current hobbies at that age, except for perhaps gaming. Just lounge in a chair with the TV turned up to the maximum volume due to hearing loss while shouting stuff at the screen because 'Dangflabbit, that enemy totally just shot me through the wall, that dang hacker!' 😅

Years
My hobbies are 99% ADHD-induced and they all take turns in what I call the "hyperfixation cycle", where I focus completely on one thing and nothing else for a certain period of time. When a hobby falls out of the cycle, it just gets put back into the rotation where it stays (possibly) forever, doomed to repeat its turn eventually at some other point in my life.

All this being said, there's a very good chance I'll still be taking up all the things I already do right now, maybe with some extra menial things along the way (provided my income in the future can support it already, cars and modding them? idk i feel like that's smth i'd get into if i were rich enough lol)

Years
They'll probably be the same. I'd like to be able to get better hobbies but my mind won't let me? It's like executive dysfunction.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
My hobbies are 99% ADHD-induced and they all take turns in what I call the "hyperfixation cycle", where I focus completely on one thing and nothing else for a certain period of time. When a hobby falls out of the cycle, it just gets put back into the rotation where it stays (possibly) forever, doomed to repeat its turn eventually at some other point in my life.
this is so scarely relatable that my train of thought on actually replying to this thread got wrecked

but um i'll probably carry on in the same way lol

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
There is also often jokes about being in a retirement home with old millenials and we'll all listen to music from the early 2000s and watch all the old TV shows.

We'll all talk about old fandoms and compare tattoos.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
No plans because I won't reach old age. Even if I ever reached old age (something that's progressively becoming harder to reach as the age of retirement jumps higher and higher) my body will at that point definitely be in such a destroyed state that I won't get much out of it. Not that I enjoy anything, anyway. So, idk. I guess being stuck in my head is a thing I can still do by then?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I hope to read a lot of books but knowing how I already doze off anytime I try to get too far into a book... I am not optimistic about how much I can read when I'm old. I love reading but I fall asleep just doing almost anything for too long so I can see a lot of naps in the future? Outside of reading, I would like to catch up on TV shows/movies - I'm sure there are enough that I'll never get through them all. Maybe if forums are still around I will also still be posting 50 or 60 years from now. And if things permit I'd love to travel. I hope to have enough saved upon retirement to at least visit a few countries!

Also I can see myself getting way too into activities like bingo/trivia so maybe I'll just be living my best life in a retirement home doing that. :P

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Idk man I'm pretty old already and video games are still high on my list lol.

But what I've always wanted to do is open a brick and mortar store that sells organic, naturally harvested honey (and raw byproducts!) dried fruits, vegan cheeses, homemade jams… etc. it just sounds so rustic and romantic to me, ya know?

Back