• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is there a spinoff game that you missed out on but wish you would've gotten into?

Years
  • I know there are many of us who've sank in a ton of hours into the main series games, but I feel like spinoffs are somewhat forgotten about (not counting LGPE here because it's kind of in a weird category and it's debatable where it even falls). There have been plenty of enjoyable spinoffs in the past such as Pokemon Colosseum/XD/Battle Revolution, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Pokemon Ranger, Pokemon Trozei, and the like.

Which Spinoff games have you "missed out on"/haven't gotten the chance to play, that you wish you would've gotten into?

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
  • Conquest, and Pokémon Go.

They were both highly anticipated around me, but I did not have the systems for them at the time, so couldn't play them on release.
    I could just buy conquest, and go through it.

But, Pokémon GO?
    They fad has kind of gone, not as many people play anymore, to be honest.

Years
  • Part of me kinda wishes I would've gotten into Pokemon Ranger when that was more of a thing. Nowadays, while I could theoretically pick up a copy and start, it just... wouldn't feel right. u.u

Years
  • Part of me kinda wishes I would've gotten into Pokemon Ranger when that was more of a thing. Nowadays, while I could theoretically pick up a copy and start, it just... wouldn't feel right. u.u

That is me with Ranger too :(

My partner played it back then and she did seem to have a lot of fun with it. I remember being terrified her DS screen wouldn't survive it though!

Years
    • Seen today
    Pokemon Stadium. My only chance to play it was late last year. If I had this game as a little kid, I could have seen myself really getting into it. The only problem was I grew with the Wii, and it was never available on Virtual Console.

Years
  • Pokemon Stadium. My only chance to play it was late last year. If I had this game as a little kid, I could have seen myself really getting into it. The only problem was I grew with the Wii, and it was never available on Virtual Console.

duuude you owe it to yourself to try out Pokemon Stadium (2)!! i don't remember much of the original but 2 was awesome!

Years
    • Seen today
    duuude you owe it to yourself to try out Pokemon Stadium (2)!! i don't remember much of the original but 2 was awesome!

From the small time I played, I enjoyed the original.

Do you know of any changes made in the 2nd? I'll still see about getting a copy.

Years
  • gotta be pokemon go and pokemon mystery dungeons. i mean i played pokemon go when it was popular but it was crap imo and there was no PvP battles so i quit early. i also played the mystery dungeons for gba and the first two for ds but after that it was no more. i've always heard that the mystery dungeons are one of the best games of the pokemon franchise so i would've liked if i sank more time for these spin-offs.

Years
  • From the small time I played, I enjoyed the original.

Do you know of any changes made in the 2nd? I'll still see about getting a copy.

to be truthful I don't remember off the top of my head. it's been sooo long since I've played the original and I have fonder memories of the 2nd.

... that probably says something maybe haha

Years
  • ^ I remember Stadium 2 had a lot of great mini-games, and I always used to play it with my cousins whenever I went over to visit.

Personally, I wish I would've gotten into the Mystery Dungeon series. I'm not actually a big fan of dungeon crawler games, but I really liked the idea behind them, and wish I would've stuck with the series instead of giving up after just an hour or two of Blue Rescue Team.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The Stadium ones. And Gale of Darkness. I didn't have the console, so never got a chance to play them. But they seem like really cool different takes on the pokémon universe.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I never played any of the old 3D console games. Never had any of that stuff as a kid, never gonna find any of it now :') maybe I'll spin them up on an emulator sometime, but I'd def try them if they were remade.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • Probably the Mystery Dungeon series: I actually played Blue Rescue Team a lot, as it was around the last year I was in elementary school and those two games were really popular back then. Even if I really liked it I skipped the newer titles (those were the peak Wii years after all) and now they're nearly impossible to find used around here.

Years
  • The later Mystery Dungeon games for sure!

I adored the Red and Blue rescue team games so much, some of my favourite pokémon games ever! But after that I never played any of the other mystery dungeon games and I'm not sure if I missed out.

Other than that, probably pokémon conquest! It just seems like a game that I would probably enjoy but I've just never got around to playing the game!

Saint Suplex

And the LORD said: "slam thy enemy to the ground."
    Years
  • I'm gonna have to say Conquest. I only played a bit of a few years ago before I actually got into SRPGs. I don't even know where my old copy is, so it might be a bit before I ever get around to trying it out.

Back