• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's a Pokemon you love to hate?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • ^ Interesting to hear, although personally, I would never use that monstrosity in battle. Why would I care about using it if I can't even take it seriously? I personally ban it from any nuzrun that I do.

Years
    • Seen today
    ^ Interesting to hear, although personally, I would never use that monstrosity in battle. Why would I care about using it if I can't even take it seriously? I personally ban it from any nuzrun that I do.

It's interesting how something can grow on you when you initially hate it. Design is a fair and major critique, at the same time it depends what you prioritize, and that's different for everybody. Even when I dislike a design and can't take it seriously, if the Pokemon is useful, it grows on me anyways. Not even the Pokemon as a species sometimes, but just the specific one on my team.

On the contrary, I can't stand Xatu. I like the design but it feels so dull when I'm using it.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years
  • Impidimp. No... just no. I love finally having a dark/fairy type and Grimmsnarl is cool, but I just can't stand looking at Impidimp. The day it was revealed my first thought was "This is it, this is the pinnacle of bad pokémon". Didn't think something would come out that I disliked more than Simipour.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Well, I don't exactly hate it, but I think Tornadus Therian is just, the ugliest-looking Pokemon. It is a pickle-green and bright purple musclebound bird with the face of a mustachioed old man, a biological tube top, and a contrasting bright red jewel directly on the crotch.

Honestly? I kinda like it specifically because of that. If it weren't so...that, it'd just be forgettable!

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    I'm not fond of Incineroar. The ab-shaped fur creeps me out, the shiny hurts my eyes, and it looks way too similar to Tony the Tiger. I would've rather Litten's evolution be a fire/dark type panther Pokémon.

Years
  • Barbaracle
    Tangrowth/Tangela
    Basculin
    Lickitung/Lickilicky
    Bouffalant
    Elgyem/Beheeyem

All of these just make me go 'ugh. this thing' whenever I see one.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I wouldn't say I hate any Pokémon, however, I very strongly dislike Inteleon, Qwilfish, and Crabominable.

Geewithabee

Mess with the Grookey, you get the bazookey.
    Years
    • Age 39
    • He/Him
    • Seen Nov 26, 2021
    Castform, because no one on the design team thought to say, hey it looks like it has boobs.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Rhyperior
    Throw
    Sawk
    Conkeldurr
    Seismitoad

there are more, but these come to mind the most. Personally I think they're terribly designed. Like someone's bad fan art that somehow made the cut.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Greedent. Fuck Greedent. All my homies hate Greedent.

I also learned to dislike Lucario with a passion. It looks bad. Greninja and Charizard too, for obvious completely justifiable reasons.

I also still don't like Incineroar but I grew to accept it for what it is. I still think it looks like ass, but it's not too bad, you know.

I also don't like Hoopa. It's one of the ugliest pokémon out there, no matter what form. I even keep forgetting that thing's a pokémon lmao it looks like the annoying mascot of an average shonen anime.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    wow... who hurt you, Haley?

I love to hate on all the Pikachu clones. I think they're all very boring and bad except for maybe Emolga because it can fly so that's fun. Pikachu and Raichu are valid but all the later electric rodents are just... why.

Empoleon671

不要
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    i used to not be very fond of gen 3 and 5 but with the advent of gen 8, there's a new ruling gen that i actively disliked nearly the entirety of.

so, ill name a few from each gen listed above i really personally dislike

Gen 3: Illumise and Volbeat. why would they ruin fireflies by designing them to be fat bald people with neck pillows?

Gen 5: Elemental monkeys. this has bland written all over them and weird human hair.

Gen 8: the starters, Galarian darmitan (i liked the unova one ) eiscue, stonjourner... honestly the whole gen with the exception of maybe 6 pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2022
    Also, the internet kinda ruined the Drowzee line for me because of that Pokedex entry of it kidnapping children. There was creepypasta of it actually doing so, and a fan game centered around that one Pokedex entry. I can't say I really think highly of that Pokemon anymore, and I'm ashamed I have a shiny Drowzee in heartgold these days because of that sickening thought of Hypno putting children to sleep, and then kidnapping them. I now look at that story about Lostelle differently than I did when I was a kid playing LeafGreen. Just... ick. I definitely don't like Drowzee/Hypno anymore.

Yeah, same. Now whenever I see a Drowzee or a Hypno, I'm thinking "NO, SIR! GET OUT OF MY FACE! YOU'RE CREEPY, LIKE THE SOULLESS, HEARTLESS MONSTER THAT YOU ARE!" .....I can never look at Hypno the same way again.

And, of course, I hate Miltank and Kingdra, as well. I got my butt handed to me by Whitney SO MANY TIMES! And Kingdra? Well, Claire's Kingdra is only weak to Dragon. GUESS HOW MANY DRAGONS WERE IN GENERATION 2!? (or, for at least me, the Gen 4 remakes) I haven't played Emerald, but from what I've seen, it's almost like a miracle if you beat Juan. HIS Kingdra knows DOUBLE TEAM, of all things! Excuse me, WHAT!?!

Years
  • I love to hate Lucario! It has such a boring, basic, furry-esque design and a walking dog with parachute pants isn't as cool to me as everyone else. Plus, fuck happiness evolutions!

Back