• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Power or accuracy

Years
  • I like balanced moves with good power and MOSTLY good accuracy ie 90 or above. I vastly approve of accuracy over power though. At least i know the moves will hit. That said i have come around to more "high power low accuracy" moves lately, helpful with raids

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
    Years
  • When you choose what moves to give to your Pokémon, what do you value more, power or accuracy? Why?

Accuracy. I'll occasionally pick an inaccurate move if it gets me an effect or type I can't get from an accurate one, but I'll almost always pick a consistent, medium-damage move over an inaccurate high-damage one. Low-accuracy moves are unreliable and hard to plan around for tough battles.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Accuracy. Acquires power through boosting moves. Relents with a sufficiently large power increase, however. Dropped Ember for Fire Blast recently, for example. Prefers Flamethrower over both.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • I like to have a mix of both when it's reasonable to do so, otherwise it depends on what I'm doing with the Pokemon.
    If it's a Tera Raid/the equivalent to that in an older game I go with power.
    For just basic gameplay I'll go with higher accuracy to make things go quicker.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Accuracy. I can't count how many times I've relied on a powerful move such as Stone Edge or Focus Blast to have it miss. Some damage is better than zero damage. I'm not a risk taker either in competitive play so I'm not going to bet on a stronger move actually hitting at 70% accuracy or so.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I'm all about power over accuracy. Whenever I battle, I need to KO. I'm willing to use a move that doesn't hit 100% of the time to ensure that I deal the most possible damage. That's why my Heatran and Salazzle, for example, have Fire Blast instead of Flamethrower, or why Reshiram has Blue Flare instead of Fusion Flare. It's why my Aerodactyl has Stone Edge instead of Rock Slide and why my Starmie has Hydro Pump instead of Surf. I used to value accuracy over power back in the day, but when I started losing matches because the more accurate moves weren't hitting hard enough, I instantly switched up and started winning more. The way I see it, if I land this powerful but relatively inaccurate move, I win. If you land the accurate move but fail to knock me out, you lose. If I miss, I lose. Yet, if I hit you with an accurate move but fail to land the KO, then I lose. Thus, I am willing to take risks.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Accuracy. Because if it's not 100% accurate, it's 50% accurate. (Credit: MandJTv). I'd much rather have a move that is more accurate than more powerful because Iron Tail is terrible because of its 75% accuracy.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Depends by the Pokémon really. I do pick fire blast (sometimes), focus miss (rarely since this move's name speaks for itself) and gunk shot, but I prefer accuracy overall. I use stone edge very often on the other hand, even though I'd go with rockslide for Aerodactyl because of its high speed stat and flinch condition.

Years
  • Accuracy. Even moves with 90% accuracy such as Play Rough tend to miss regularly for me.
    I'd rather go with moves that have 100% accuracy but lower power.

Years
    • Seen today
    I'll try for both. I often switch between Thunderbolt/Thunder or Flamethrower/Fire Blast.

If I have to delete one move for the other, I'll likely go for accuracy but it's not a guarantee.

Back