• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Forever Alone Thread

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
  • I know that I can't get a girlfriend, I'm so antisocial and tbh I really have no interest anyways

Yeah some of my thinking is pretty negative but I'm losing a lot of confidence, my mental problems are starting to get worse, and I fail at a lot of things (like getting a job)

fake it until you make it my friend

you recognize that you are antisocial. stop using it as an excuse. Ive had mental issues myself and it took a lot of work to get over them. I used my own antisocial behavior as an excuse to not do things, and as a result, i missed out on hanging out with friends, talking with girls, and other opportunities.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • I know that I can't get a girlfriend, I'm so antisocial and tbh I really have no interest anyways

Yeah some of my thinking is pretty negative but I'm losing a lot of confidence, my mental problems are starting to get worse, and I fail at a lot of things (like getting a job)

it's perfectly alright to not have romantic attraction. have you considered being on the aromantic spectrum? if not, and if you know you do have romantic attraction, try not to beat yourself up so much. getting over mental illness is very hard, i understand that well enough. i'm autistic and also on the schizo spectrum so developing close bonds is hard for me. still, i've managed to be in a relationship with someone for over five years. it's not impossible. you discovered that you have a problem, you just have to find a way to hurdle through it, which is a very hard thing, but again, it's not impossible. have you considered seeing somebody about your mental health? that may be one step in the right direction.

Last edited:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • it's perfectly alright to not have romantic attraction. have you considered being on the aromantic spectrum? if not, and if you know you do have romantic attraction, try not to beat yourself up so much. getting over mental illness is very hard, i understand that well enough. i'm autistic and also on the schizo spectrum so developing close bonds is hard for me. still, i've managed to be in a relationship with someone for over five years. it's not impossible. you discovered that you have a problem, you just have to find a way to hurdle through it, which is a very hard thing, but again, it's not impossible. have you considered seeing somebody about your mental health? that may be one step in the right direction.

I agree. Seeing somebody - whether its a trusted family member or friend - is completely necessary. To get over my own period of depression, I visited a counselor provided by my church. It feels uncomfortable at first, but it really, really helps in the long run and I'm very glad I did it.

Am I perfect? No. But I sure as hell have a lot more confidence than I used to. I'm still introverted, but thats more of a personality trait than an issue at this point.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
  • I agree. Seeing somebody - whether its a trusted family member or friend - is completely necessary. To get over my own period of depression, I visited a counselor provided by my church. It feels uncomfortable at first, but it really, really helps in the long run and I'm very glad I did it.

I'll try to do that

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Romance, honestly sounds really smothering to me. So I don't really think I want to be with someone my entire life. So, me I guess.

It's not about me not liking myself, or me feeling like no on will love me romantically, I just personally feel that I don't want a relationship because I know I'll feel smothered. I can't devote myself to another human being right now, especially since I'm always feeling love/attraction towards someone I know I can never have, anyway.

Last edited:

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • It's amazing how many people don't realize that. Love between friends, mentors, family, are just as important as romantic love.

Guest123_x1

As much as I want a girlfriend and to eventually get married, I know at this point in my life, it's pretty much never going to happen. All the local girls my age (not that there are that many of them-most of the girls I went to school with have moved far away) are taken (or don't want a guy to begin with), and even if there was anybody single, they might have some suspicious stuff in their history (drug and/or alcohol abuse, big time smokers, SJW, etc.).

One of the reasons why I don't like to go to weddings is because it makes me sad knowing that other people are getting married and are happy right in front of me, while I can never seem to land a relationship with anybody.
    On top of all that, I've occasionally thought that maybe God doesn't want me to have a relationship or get married.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
  • Realistically I don't see myself getting into a relationship for a while. Should I ever get married, I'm thinking it won't be until I'm approximately 30 years old. I dunno. I just consider myself too much of a free spirit for now-- but maybe things will change.

Sawsbuck

used Jump Kick! It's super effective!
    Years
  • if there was anybody single, they might have some suspicious stuff in their history (drug and/or alcohol abuse, big time smokers, SJW, etc.).

Isn't that kind of expected with someone from the Flint area lol
    But anyways good luck dude hopefully you find someone

Last edited:

Vragon

Eh maybe, I might find someone, but right now I don't see it happening. Course, I want it, but I just don't think I'm ready yet.

Zakariya

What happens in the dark, comes out in light.
    Years
  • @Otter Mii-kun
    I feel almost exactly the same way.

Although in my case, I'm simply not good enough for anyone.

u_u

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • i just want to stop by here in this thread and say that even if it takes a while, i believe you can all find love! whether it be romantic or platonic, i believe you all will find it, even if it takes months or even years. just stay positive. it's easier said than done, i know, but it's worth it in the end.

Back