• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twitch Plays pokemon

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Yeah the timeframe needs a serious reconsideration. This way is just boring- at least one command per second would have Red moving at an acceptable pace. Leaves room for screwing up, sure, but without that then where's the charm?

Years
Hahahaha they made a break again, maybe they'll lower the delay now. I mean, it was a little progress, it looked like they really wanted to get out, but still missed the doors. The delay in twitch is too big for this to work.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
You're right about the delay urgh. I forgot about that. But I mean they're lowering the vote time as I type- still don't know how effective this experiment is going to be. But hey, if we make it through Rocket HQ, it'll be a good thing in my eyes.

Still feel like it's lost a bit of charm though.

Years
They got outside, progress is slowly making. Majority of people are cooperating. Voting delay is now 2 seconds I think, but still Twitch delay is around 30 seconds, so...

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I just realized how command stacking works-
You can type buttons as usual and also add numbers to them to increase the number of times that button is pressed.

You can add one to the other like left2down2 to move down twice and left twice.

Some ass is start9 spamming ughhhhhh why must you do this. **** trolls im gonna just cry now. Hopefully the programmer will make startX not work. And I think once people get the hang of it it'll be okay?

Years
They're rioting again just to make the old system return. Good people of the world, always cooperative when it comes to make a riot.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
The old system was way more chaotic which is what makes the game so much fun. But it looks like with even the new system people are making it fun cause now everyones pressing the start menu over and over. OMG.

Though it could make the mods slow down the commend input again.........

Ugggh I need to go to bed, but I want to see what happens next. D:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I'm seriously gonna cry at the start spam. Why do people have to ruin this? The programmer is working to make this enjoyable and, you know, make it WORK. What people want isn't always best for them. Do they really want to spend another whole day in Rocket B3?

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
The old system was way more chaotic which is what makes the game so much fun. But it looks like with even the new system people are making it fun cause now everyones pressing the start menu over and over.

Lmao I'm not sure how long the Start spam is going to last but I don't know whether to keep laughing about it or get annoyed by it.

Apparently 'Start9' is a GB command now

Years
This is 40000+ real people we talk about Anna. There is always a % of trolls in there. It's like dealing with a small town now.

Aaaaaaaaand another break again.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
But this isn't just trolls. This is everyone "rebelling" against what they think is a horrible idea. You know what's a horrible idea? SPENDING 20+ HOURS ON THE SAME SIX SPINNY TILES. This is a good idea. But people aren't looking at it correctly.

Years
But this isn't just trolls. This is everyone "rebelling" against what they think is a horrible idea. You know what's a horrible idea? SPENDING 20+ HOURS ON THE SAME SIX SPINNY TILES. This is a good idea. But people aren't looking at it correctly.

Well, spending hours on spinny tiles is the result of ~30 second delay in twitch. People think they made a right command, even if everone would be cooperative, that still would be chaos, because of the delay. They would press right too much times, then left too much times etc. etc.

WE'RE BACK TO OLD SYSTEM HAHAHA!

Treecko

Years
I'm seriously gonna cry at the start spam. Why do people have to ruin this? The programmer is working to make this enjoyable and, you know, make it WORK. What people want isn't always best for them. Do they really want to spend another whole day in Rocket B3?

I saw this on Tumblr and agree with it a thousand times.

TRUE_zps5a8354d1.png

The new system doesn't seem bad if people cooperate. But I guess everyone like the chaos. It was a lot of fun tbh. But the rioting is still not making it better. People need to get that. I'm really now worried about the fate of this stream.

Edit: The old system is back....nevermind then....I kind of hate people sometimes.

Wobbu

Years
I don't know why they changed it in the first place. They didn't expect the game to be finished, did they? Or at least finished anytime soon.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
@Sajmon idk I still think that would have a higher change of working than what we've been doing. At least it would be a different approach. Now I'm just going to wake up to spinny tiles again. Whatever man I need to sleep it's 5am and I've had the stream open for... fourteen hours...

@AW^2 People always get like that when something's not going well though. They'll go back to being positive once we accomplish something.

@Wobbu Well they got 4 badges in 4 days and then spent almost a full day just on one floor of Rocket HQ so I think they were trying to give us a better shot at it.

Treecko

Years
Well yeah they should of guessed by now we won't finish the game soon either way. This way is more fun too and the majority of the people watching/playing like it so I guess let them have what they want. I like fun way more anyways. Since it's 5am here too, I guess I should get sleep as well. At least I don't have school in the morning. I'll see if we're back at spinny tiles again.......

Wobbu

Years
I saw this on Tumblr and agree with it a thousand times.

TRUE_zps5a8354d1.png

The new system doesn't seem bad if people cooperate. But I guess everyone like the chaos. It was a lot of fun tbh. But the rioting is still not making it better. People need to get that. I'm really now worried about the fate of this stream.

It's just a Pokémon game, though. No need to take it seriously. I prefer watching this mess of a playthrough rather than a group of people playing the game seriously. I thought the Start9 spam was hilarious because of how absolutely nothing was getting accomplished lol, just like how nothing was getting accomplished before the control change was implemented.

Treecko

Years
No one's taking this seriously haha. I don't think that post was serious. XD It's just thousands of people playing Pokemon at once, it shouldn't be serious.

I guess people just like this way of getting nothing accomplished then the voting system and the start9 spam's way of getting nothing accomplished.

Years
It looks like they still haven't completed the hideout, Red is just wandering around Celadon aimlessly again now.

I really wonder how the progress made in the first three days was managed.

Back