• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

VPP ~ Virtual Pokémon Pet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I nominate Charizard for the community VPP cause, well, it's Charizard.

One question though... what happens if some folks already have the pokemon that is picked?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I nominate Charizard for the community VPP cause, well, it's Charizard.

One question though... what happens if some folks already have the pokemon that is picked?

You can keep it as a spare for the time being. I've been throwing around the idea of trading but I'm still not sure or how I even want to go about it.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • You can keep it as a spare for the time being. I've been throwing around the idea of trading but I'm still not sure or how I even want to go about it.

My thinking regarding trading is that it'd have to be approved by you first and foremost and secondly that the VPP being traded haven't been used for Legendaries and/or Challenges. Seems kind of underhanded to use a VPP for something and then up and trading it so that you can instantly complete or get a head start on something else without having to work towards it. Namely to trade you must give up something that still has "value" to you.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I think as long as, like codehelmet said, the people who are trading hasn't used their Pokemon for anything, and that all trades are documented I don't see it as a bad idea! Maybe also have them use up some points or like ... making a trading pass an item we have to buy before we can trade be a thing too? that way people have to had done a vpp or two before they could start trading with other players.

that said though i'm done with delcatty!

Name: Ash
    Pokémon: Togepi
    Northern or Southern Hemisphere: Northern

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Name: Ash
    Pokémon: Togepi
    Northern or Southern Hemisphere: Northern

Togepi @ 11,430
    Hatch @ 11,445
    Togekiss @ Level 100: 11,580
    Shiny: Yes

I've been doing some work on it here and there and that was one of my biggest worries is that one Pokemon could get passed around for everyone.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Hey guys, I've been so busy lately and haven't had the time to read through everything here, but is it still okay if I join? :) What's the post goal?

Also, I'm nominating Turtwig!

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Hey guys, I've been so busy lately and haven't had the time to read through everything here, but is it still okay if I join? :) What's the post goal?

Also, I'm nominating Turtwig!

Sure you can still join in on the fun. We have 5000 posts split between however many people join.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Am I supposed to update my numbers myself in that other thread?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Am I supposed to update my numbers myself in that other thread?

You don't need to update them per say. I know most people will put them where they can see them all the time like their signatures. As long as you complete your Pokemon once you hit the post number you can come back for your next one.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • It turns out I finish raising Volcarona as of this post!

Since I own a Mega Ring along with a Mawilite, now would be a good time to start Mega Mawile. :D

Name: Hyzenthlay
    Pokémon: Mega Mawile
    Northern or Southern Hemisphere: Southern

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    It turns out I finish raising Volcarona as of this post!

Since I own a Mega Ring along with a Mawilite, now would be a good time to start Mega Mawile. :D

Name: Hyzenthlay
    Pokémon: Mega Mawile
    Northern or Southern Hemisphere: Southern

Ooooooo yay first one to get a Mega. :D

Mawile @ 5,016
    Hatch @ 5,031
    Mega Mawile @ Level 100: 5,216
    Shiny: No

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Sorry I'm late!! I'm finally back from the dead, and heck yeeeah I'd like to participate! :D

Can we nominate a cute puppy named Rockruff? :3

pHWMC1p.gif

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Love that GIF of Rockruff. Looks like everyone that I've tagged has responded. I'll add mine to the list soon. I'm not sure if we'll get anymore people joining in, so I may start this a few days early.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Alrighty I've got everyone's numbers ready and they are posted on the first page and the number you have to reach is in bold. Because we got everyone I tagged we have 11 Trainers taking part in this. Once you have reached your post count post in here and let me know and I will cross your name off the list. We've got 454 posts for each of us and we are raising Charizard together.

If you guys have any questions or issues let me know.

Spoiler:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Charizard eh? Saves me the trouble of raising it later then lol. Just means I'll raise Alolan Vulpix when I complete Articuno here in a few days. Figure the Winter theme more than makes up for it too lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back