• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twitch Plays pokemon

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Why is everybody treating this like some sort or religion. The fan art is really creepy and I find the actual stream to be very boring and repetitious. I feel like it's work pretending that I like TPP but honestly the novelty has worn off and I am pissed of on how overexposed it has become. (what the ♥♥♥♥ is bbc news doing covering it?)
Calm down bro it's good fun. It's not like anyone's serious- except you, apparently. BBC is covering it because it's a huge story- millions of people are playing and watching this. It's a huge thing for Twitch. People have created a huge story around it as a community. We're setting records everywhere. It's a fun thing to be a part of. And it's really not very nice for you to come in and crap on it when we're all obviously having a good time with it.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Calm down bro it's good fun. It's not like anyone's serious- except you, apparently. BBC is covering it because it's a huge story- millions of people are playing and watching this. It's a huge thing for Twitch. People have created a huge story around it as a community. We're setting records everywhere. It's a fun thing to be a part of. And it's really not very nice for you to come in and crap on it when we're all obviously having a good time with it.

I personally think it's stupid and not particularly fun. I am happy that pokemon is getting some coverage from news sites, but not terribly happy it's in this form.

You guys can join in all you want, but I feel the novelty has worn off and they should've just stopped at pokémon red/blue. I don outright hate it, but I think that it has gotten too much attention for how gimmicky I feel it is.

@AWsquared I was just exaggerating when I called it a religon, but I don't understand how everybody in the pkmn fandom has suddenly become obsessed with it. I guess I don't really get it.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I don't see how this is bad exposure to be honest or how this coverage is bad. We are working together to play a Ppkemon game. I see that it shows how Pokemon brings people together. This shows to me that if people work together towards a common goal, then you can achieve something great. It shows anything is possible even if it takes lots of work. Pokemon is something that has always brought people together and this proves that. I'm sure it has also convinced people it's still cool to play Pokemon and get back into the series again. We shouldn't over think or be so upset over something not serious though. Even if it's not fun to you, it still is to thousands of people.

But of course as Anna said, oh well, you can always ignore it till it dies out.

Treecko

Years
Wow we already fainted. Haha this will be fun.

@Roxanne exactly. The older games have tons of fans. This is just a different way of playing them no one 's seen before and a new way of playthroughs. It's very much good imo.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I don't see how this is bad exposure to be honest or how this coverage is bad. We are working together to play a Ppkemon game. I see that it shows how Pokemon brings people together. This shows to me that if people work together towards a common goal, then you can achieve something great. It shows anything is possible even if it takes lots of work. Pokemon is something that has always brought people together and this proves that. I'm sure it has also convinced people it's still cool to play Pokemon and get back into the series again. We shouldn't over think or be so upset over something not serious though. Even if it's not fun to you, it still is to thousands of people.
I can see your point here of it bringing attention to pokémon again - Nintendo would probably like that considering the financial issues they're running into - but I don't really find tpp a good representation of the series. It's hard to explain why tpp irks me, but I think how chaotic and messy it is with hundreds of people every second putting down 'a', 'b' or another Game Boy button down into the comments and doing nothing else but watching a character on a screen do random things is not appealing or interesting to me.

Then again I'm one of like 3 people in the world who doesn't care about, so I'm happy that it's basically advertising the series for thousands of people and breaks the stigma of pokémon being a kids game when it's meant to appeal to all audiences.

I do have mixed feelings on ttp, but I think overall it is quite positive for the pokémon franchise and gf/nintendo should take note of it's extreme popularity. I just personally find it boring and don't really understand why it has blown up.

Also proves that there is an interest in the older games.

*hint hint Nintendo*
Yeah that's definitely a plus - personally with all the interest I feel that a Red/Blue remake would be more feasible as a X/Y follow up than anything.

Treecko

Years
Our house will be the new ledges I swear.

I can see your point here of it bringing attention to pokémon again - Nintendo would probably like that considering the financial issues they're running into - but I don't really find tpp a good representation of the series. It's hard to explain why tpp irks me, but I think how chaotic and messy it is with hundreds of people every second putting down 'a', 'b' or another Game Boy button down into the comments and doing nothing else but watching a character on a screen do random things is not appealing or interesting to me.

Then again I'm one of like 3 people in the world who doesn't care about, so I'm happy that it's basically advertising the series for thousands of people and breaks the stigma of pokémon being a kids game when it's meant to appeal to all audiences.

I do have mixed feelings on ttp, but I think overall it is quite positive for the pokémon franchise and gf/nintendo should take note of it's extreme popularity. I just personally find it boring and don't really understand why it has blown up.

I can get that. It's not everyone's thing and that's fine.I saw an article saying Nintendo was gonna capitalize this and make shirts and stuff and even try it with their other franchises (Fire Emblem was one mentioned ) but it was from a satire site I believe. They could still use it's popularity to promote the game. Particularly X and Y given it's the newest game.

Last edited:
Years
Maaan, why did my dad call me for lunch just when we started the game? :_:

As a result I missed the moment of the starter's choice.

And when I come back, expecting Cyndaquil, (it was even proven to be the most effective choice on Reddit) I see Totodile, I am disappoint.

I don't have anything against Totodile per se, but I kind of have a nostalgic/hate relationship with Feraligatr. It was after all the first starter I choose in Gen II years ago when I first played gold in japanese on the emulator, but when I saw his final evolution I was like "okay, he was cute before but now, it's really not my style... he's kind of ugly, for me anyway."

But still I kept him, since he was my starter and all and I liked him nevertheless, but I didn't understand Japanese one bit so I tended to replace my old good attacks with crappy new ones, I'm afraid of this for Twitch.

But we will see how it goes, hopefully with all the memes that are going to come to life thanks to this I might like the totodile family more.

But I mostly love the Cyndaquil line anyway. (especially Quilava) :p

Treecko

Years
Apparently Totodile is being nicknamed LazorGator / King Leer cause we keep using Leer. XD

And there's already art of this and it's only been an hour...

tumblr_n1t8xneoEf1rbkvb4o1_500.gif

Treecko

Years
King Leer sounds cooler and it could mean Totodile is treated like Bird Jesus or Lord Helix.

I swear some artists have the ability to stop time and draw because of how fast they are.

Yes exactly! I could never draw that fast. o.e Or make a gif in an hour for that matter.

Back