• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twitch Plays pokemon

Maraala

a fiery passion
Years
  • Gifs aren't really that hard to make. And if you stick to quick sketches, you should be fine.

I just can't wait for all the awesome fanart that comes out of this playthrough. Especially when we get to Red. I'm sure there will be some of our team in Crystal vs. the team we had in the last TPP.

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Now that I think of it, the chances of facing Red are slim to none. They'll probably end the game with the Elite 4.

The fan art is really creepy

Some of it, yes, I agree. Specially the ones who treat this like some sort of overly emotional or life changing journey.

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years
  • I don't think they will. There is still alot of stuff to do afterwards, unlike in R/B where it was just catching Mewtwo. Also the amount of people that would riot that we didn't do Kanto and Red.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Yeah the Elite Four is only half of the game. I don't think they'll stop just half-way through.

Looks like they caught a Pidgey and it's getting an array of nicknames from 'False Bird' to things like 'False Messiah' to 'Bird Moses'. Fun.

Ibraihim the Betrayed

You are not prepared...
    Years
  • I have the stream up on my tablet, it's right next too me but I can't see the chat. I saw them catch the Pidgey, though. Good on 'em.

I'm really hoping for a Tyrannitar in this playthrough. Fingers crossed.

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years
  • I don't think we will get one, since iirc Larvitar is only in Mt. Silver, and even then, are pretty rare.
    We'll most likely have a well established team by then and no one to switch off just for the fight against Red.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • I missed the part where they named the Rival, did they name him or not? I am just curious. So far, the Crystal playthrough has been good, even if it took three hours to get the Pokedex. I do feel like they should have chosen Cyndaquil, but oh well. We at least got the first meme of the new playthrough: The Laser Gator (Totodile using Leer)

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Well, just witnessed Laser Gator wrecking Falkner. Looks like he'll end up getting awfully overleveled haha. I haven't really been following the stream, since everytime I tuned in, they were just walking around in the same areas, but I imagine the ledge at the beginning has a huge part in that :p

Can't say I'm much for the alternating modes, since democracy mode can be sooo slow, and battles are much more fun in anarchy mode, but oh well.

I'm also really surprised by the amount of viewers. I thought it would've gone down once we finished the first generation, since it was already pretty low at that point, but it only seems to be rising haha. Guess that's a good thing though :D

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Now that I think of it, the chances of facing Red are slim to none. They'll probably end the game with the Elite 4.
    There are other factors that I feel like could really make this more annoying than enjoyable.

-GSC has the absolute worst roster in the whole series. Cyndaquil/Totodile and the Spearow we could steal will probably be the only worthwhile Pokemon usable. If we can catch a Geodude, Gastly and Mareep then they're sorta decent. Everything else downright sucks, even Gyarados because its best moves are special. You might say "We had average Pokemon in R/B" but you have to remember pretty much all of our success was due to dumb luck vs stupid and glitchy A.I
    -Which brings us to the next point. Battling is gonna be a huge pain the ass because the A.I actually sorta knows what to do. There's no more BS factors that could go in our favor.
    -This one might be a positive to some but I see it as a negative. Besides Ice Cave, the region will be such a breeze to go through. There won't be any hurdles to worry about because Johto is so barren
    -EXCEPT ledges. Lots and lots of ledges. Hope you like ledges.
    -The level balance is terrible. By the time we reach Blackthorne city, Claire's team will be full of Pokemon at level mid 40's whereas typically we should be at 30's at that point (although we'll probably have one overlevelled Pokemon and bunch of lower level ones since its TPP but this is even worse). We can't even grind much because the wild Pokemon are all at low 20's. All.
    -Moreover, going back to the roster, the wild pokemon offer pretty low EXP distribution on top of the lower levels. EXP won't rain at us here compared to R/B, it'll be a drought.
    -Miltank
    -Poliwrath
    -Steelix
    -Kingdra
    -E4

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • There are other factors that I feel like could really make this more annoying than enjoyable.

-GSC has the absolute worst roster in the whole series. Cyndaquil/Totodile and the Spearow we could steal will probably be the only worthwhile Pokemon usable. If we can catch a Geodude, Gastly and Mareep then they're sorta decent. Everything else downright sucks, even Gyarados because its best moves are special. You might say "We had average Pokemon in R/B" but you have to remember pretty much all of our success was due to dumb luck.
    Dumb luck got us through RBY, it will do the same for GSC. If we can beat one game with one game , we can beat this one. We shouldn't be so negative about this. Also I don't see what's so bad with GSC's roster, I love Mareep personally cause Ampharos is a beast. We could get Eevee again and it will end up evolving into Espeon or Umbreon most likely, since we can't get stones that easily. I've used Umbreon in tons of playthrough and didn't have that much of a struggle with the game. You can't say it's impossible, just gonna be a big challenge and we've gone through tons of challenges before.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I didn't say it was impossible, only that it won't work as well in GSC here compared to R/B. As in, it'll be more boring than actually fun.
    Also dumb luck involved R/B's baffling A.I and all the glitches. There's none of that here.
    I think it says much about the roster when Ampharos is a "beast".

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I'm still enjoying this tbh, though I'm probably just easily amused lol. If it gets too boring for people , we will probably not move on to RSE.

Edit: If it weren't for my Ampharos in HeartGold, I wouldn't have beaten Lance so there's that.(and my Weaville, though Sneasal isn't available untill Mount Silver and Weaville isn't available to Gen IV so we'll see what happens). We ended up with a good team in RB so who knows what will happen.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm loving the fanart for TPP Crystal version. Here is Lazorgator hatching the Togepi Egg:

Hv9qKam.png

Back