• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Twitch Plays pokemon

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Going through Morty's gym is going to be painful.
    Morty's Gym and the Ice Puzzles after. Can't wait for those!

I somehow knew that they were going to beat it while I was sleeping. Oh well guess I'll just watch the final battle on youtube or something! But hnng can't wait until the next installment either.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Hngg missed the final run too :( Glad people recorded it though, but still. It's much more exciting to watch live. The final battle wasn't really too amazing though, but oh well. The game was beaten!

Seems like they're playing the TCG game while waiting for the next gen to start :o Probably not gonna be the easiest, but that's the fun of it!

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Hahaha they're playing a hacked Super Mario Land now, but only it has Pokemon things in it. I guess the creator notice how people were still there waiting to play Gold/Silver and put a game in so people have something to do while they wait. Over 14 hours to go guys! Can't wait for a new adventure!

Years
  • Oh man, can't wait for the next adventure! :>

Too bad I missed the final battle too, I stayed late when I watched the first attempts and all... If I knew I would have gone to bed early to see it this morning. But! At least I saw the super epic match between ATV and Lance's Dragonite, that was amazing.

And right now on the stream, there's a game called "Pokemon Diamond", and it seems reaaaally weird... what the heck is that thing?

I'm also hoping for Vietnamese Crystal, since I never played it before but I saw a few screenshots of the beginning of the game and already found it hysterical. :')

Edit : Okay, the game on the stream changed again, though I'm not sure what it is.

Some people in the chat seems to think that's it's chinese Pokemon Yellow for the Nes. That's a weird choice, aha.

Last edited:

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • I missed the finale where they beat Blue, it happened only an hour or so before I woke up this morning. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted, and I cannot wait to see the Gen 2 play-through and the new, insane memes that will be formed in Johto (who will be the new deity this time, Togepi?)

Also, I highly doubt they would play Vietnamese Crystal since they're going to be playing the real Gen 2 games soon. Speaking of which, does anyone know which of the Gen 2 games they will be playing?

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
    Years
  • Okay, finally just watched the ending. Incredible battle. Some thoughts following...

I forgot how bad the Gen I games were. The foes not having any PP? That's BS. Blastoise using Blizzard 10 times wasn't fair. Glad the later gens fixed that. Genwunners probably whine about it being "fixed" thought but we won't get into that.

Secondly, the battle went MUCH more smoothly than a lot of the others I'd seen. I think that might be why things kept happening when I was asleep - there were fewer people on, which means increased teamwork and coordination. It made this battle take HALF the time Giovanni did, well that and Archangel of Justice being first.

The existence of Lord Helix is making me want to use a Shell Smash Omastar... or at least breed one. Demands HP Grass, though. I'll have to order one from a hacking service.

Why is Taylor Swift's "Red" stuck in my head after this? It's sort of fitting, come to think of it. And awesome... random, I know.

Can't wait for Gen 2! Under 9 hours until it begins... which means I'll be sleeping. Wonder which starter will be picked. Doesn't matter much, they're all average.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    TPP: Gold idea

Someone should totally make a hack of gold, and the only things you should change are Red's team on Mt. Silver to the TPP line-up. Just maybe add a few level and move buffs. And maybe add some random conversations here and there referencing TPP-verse Red. Like about the constant helix fossil/S.S. Anne Ticket/Bulbsaur cry stuff. Or how he was trapped in Rocket HQ for like, 2 days and still beat them lol.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • There's been a lot of talk that the creator is going to hack/get someone to hack whatever we're playing next so that Red has the team. I'm really hoping that's the case~

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    That's... a little extreme haha. Why can't they just have it as a fandom holiday like how the japan have those fandom holidays for characters where they would draw this character on this day because it is their day (and the day isn't always their birthday).

Treecko

Years
  • Lol I saw that. It's a bit overboard if you ask me. We should have some sort of holiday or similar thing. Maybe not an official holiday , but like an online holiday or something similar to Talk Like A Pirate Day. (AKA a parodic holiday ). It's definitely something noteworthy in Internet history.

Treecko

Years
  • Twitch Plays Pokemon Gold and Silver starts in about an hour guys! Also this is hilarious.
    Spoiler:

Red knows what Gold is about to go through. XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Why is everybody treating this like some sort or religion. The fan art is really creepy and I find the actual stream to be very boring and repetitious. I feel like it's work pretending that I like TPP but honestly the novelty has worn off and I am pissed of on how overexposed it has become. (what the ♥♥♥♥ is bbc news doing covering it?)

Treecko

Years
  • ^ Perfect Anna. The moment he was named AJDNNW he knew he was screwed .
    Spoilered for language.
    Spoiler:

We spent like 5 minute trying to get the PokeGear. XD

Why is everybody treating this like some sort or religion. The fan art is really creepy and I find the actual stream to be very boring and repetitious. I feel like it's work pretending that I like TPP but honestly the novelty has worn off and I am pissed of on how overexposed it has become. (what the ♥♥♥♥ is bbc news doing covering it?)

It's not a serious religion though, it's supposed to be fun and hey, it still is imo. With 70,000 people playing the same game is always gonna be repetitive . You can't expect less from this . I like the exposure honesty , the more who know the funner it gets. I don't see how any of the art is creepy..... it's hilarious.

Last edited:
    Back