• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Song of Ice and Fire [EPILOGUE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
  • Can I get some feedback from people for next season? There's a few things I want to tinker with, but if you guys enjoyed it how we had it, then I won't tinker much.

+ How did you feel about the Letters system? Did it work okay? Was it an interesting element? Would you want to see it changed for next season?
    + Would you prefer more classic Mafia roles or more customized roles set to the Game of Thrones theme, as we had it this time?

<3 you all.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Can I get some feedback from people for next season? There's a few things I want to tinker with, but if you guys enjoyed it how we had it, then I won't tinker much.

+ How did you feel about the Letters system? Did it work okay? Was it an interesting element? Would you want to see it changed for next season?
    + Would you prefer more classic Mafia roles or more customized roles set to the Game of Thrones theme, as we had it this time?

<3 you all.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • Letters were cool, however, is there any chance you could resend them to us after you edit what can't be sent? I feel like that way the person sending the letter would know what the recipients are actually receiving and will in turn understand what is not allowed in a letter.

Also I loved this GoT style of roles, generic mafia roles can get boring sometimes and this game was really unique and refreshing!

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Feedback: Although I thought the back-stabbiness of Baratheon was an intriguing element, but I never intended to use my power at all. Especially in a game like this where it really comes down to the amount of house members you have, I feel that roles that do that need to have stronger benefits, or at least a more intriguing affect that really tempts me - because by the time my power could've come into play, I would've needed all the house members I could scavenge. I also don't know how I felt about Stannis being unable to kill Renly after he was wight'd, but, I suppose that was reasonable.

I liked the letter system, but it became wicked moot (at least to me) late-game. I also felt bad for peasants considering they couldn't send letters back, right? But anyway, I think notifying us when we're able to send letters into our house's head would be nice, 'cause I always lost track.

I loved a lot of the stuff that came into play late-game. The house-switching vials, the poisons, the duels ... those were my favorite part. I feel like WoIaF needs to have those kinds of elements early on.

The fight against the White Walker was amazing, and perhaps it would be intriguing to maybe add another loose cannon to the mix?​

Years
  • By the late end game I actually had 2 chances to switch houses.

I was an unaffiliated peasant that could pledge loyalty to a house AND I got a house switching Blue Present. :D

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years

<3 you all.

I may be a bit biased since I abused the letter system a lot. But I really enjoyed it. It added a sense of mystery and tension: "Who is on my team? What can I legitimately say in my letters to tip my teammates off but not make it too obvious?"
    I found it fun sending goofy lines in my letters and seeing them regurgitated in day posts. <3

I agree with Doof though, I really wanted to know if/what content in my letters did get cut out after being edited. Thankfully, I was still able to find things out in the day posts, like I said above. But it would have been nice though :)

It was disappointing to find out that loyal peasants couldn't send a letter. Mind you, if they were simple potato farmers - would they even know how to write?

The duels and other events were really fun to take part in and/or watch. Hopefully they can be introduced sooner (maybe a role that forces to players to duel?) and more frequently too. :')

As for the roles used, I thought they were neat - but as the game went on, a lot of powers became useless or were used up (could only be used once/twice in the entire game). Maybe water down some of the role effects but allow them to be used more often? Makes it more interactive for the players who get said roles.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back