• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Song of Ice and Fire [EPILOGUE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
  • All hail King Bae! <3

I'm really sad to see that Baratheon didn't reclaim the throne and that even my saving grace of a changing vial didn't save me from the death of my house, but, this game was really worthwhile and one of the best mafia experiences I've had. Can't wait for the sequel!

R'hollor and I shall be waiting for you, Netto.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    That was awesome! I'm still a bit upset by my lame death, but I'll get over it. Maybe by the time the next season starts.
    Also, great job honey you voted to kill your own team mate.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Wait, did I misread that or did Klips just say Sansa Stark was alive? . . . I know what house I want in WoIaF. Long live House Stark!

But seriously, that was the most entertaining mafia game I've so far been in in the UG. 'Twas great~

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • I really liked the game without having read the books or watched the series. Imagine how awesome it would have been if I actually understood what was said.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Once upon a time, the Starks lived in harmony. We sent letters, and soon discovered who we were. Then some damn wedding started, and we got massacred. Then more so. Then we even lost Stoneheart. Then I betrayed Ned. I think the moral of this story is, "GG Starks".

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Okay! I'm gonna try to write a little wrap up of the game for everyone. Some of my favorite moments, behind the scenes stuff, etc. :P Anything I can remember!

So to start off with some real background, this began as a new roleplay following the collapse of my zombie RP, Outbreak. I had been planning a "journey" RP based on key locations in the series and following the general trajectory of the show. The RP would take place after the Red Wedding and basically just let people explore Westeros and enjoy what their mind could create. Before I could get that ready, however, mafia started getting really popular on PC and the Underground was founded. I realized how much funner it would be to host a mafia based on aSoIaF and wound up coming up with the Houses idea as a way to change the meta-game of it all. The Letters idea came later when I realized I didn't want the Houses knowing each other directly so easily right from the start.

At the very beginning, I was pretty surprised at how many people signed up. It was really awesome and I ended up crafting about ten additional roles to fill thanks to the signups. I even re-added players back to the game to fill some of those roles. Jojen, Brienne, Sam, Bronn, Ygritte, and the Sellsword were all late-crafted roles. Jojen and Sam wound up winning the entire thing, Brienne and Ygritte making it fairly close. Also Nakuzami was two of my late-crafted roles and died first and almost last.

When the game started, the only person able to recruit and chat with people in his "House" was gio7sm, who recruited gimmepie and Charlie Brown early. Unfortunately for them, they were found out fast. Ullion and Candy were the only other recruits by the Walker and he was sussed out after some fine detective work by the humans, who actually misinterpreted my clue! The clue was in reference to the number of posts gio7sm had made in the game so far (at the time between 18-90). If you had looked at the "Who's Posted?" list at that time, gio had 18 posts, while around a quarter of the players still living were UNDER 18. The clues ended up working in the favor of the humans, regardless, despite their misinterpretation. :)

One of the funnest moments in the game came the night Lady Stoneheart could recruit and the Faceless Man could kill. LSH wanted arachnidsGrip, while the Faceless Man decided to wear her face. She was recruited, then immediately slain by the Faceless Man. That was LSH's only true recruit, as the following night, the White Walker killed her immediately after she recruited Christos (Davos). Her recruitment of him also rendered his NA of recruiting someone to the Baratheons disabled.

Many of the events of the game had to be disabled due to early deaths. If Joffrey had lived, we would've had a Purple Wedding event, though he may not have died. If Tywin had made it even further, there would've been a particularly funny scene with him and a crossbow. Besides that, I think we almost got all the events. The Red Wedding, the Battle at the Fist, and some other spur of the moment events made for a more wild story anyway.

For about 96% of the game, I had no clue who would win. The White Walker was a strong candidate for a time, then the Lannisters, then the Targaryens, before the Starks got a bunch of help, then it was obvious the Targaryens had it.

If either Lycanthropy or Netto had decided to take the throne for themselves, there would have been a three-way duel between all of them and, honestly, anyone could have taken it at that point. They made the smarter move and bent the knee to the last original loyal peasant, Strong Belwas, who joined the Targaryens much earlier.

The Letters system ended up working about 70% of the time. House Stark was the best at sending letters, figuring out who the rest of their Household was within a few phases. The worst was the Lannisters, who sent a single letter the entire game and wound up dying swiftly. In the World of Ice and Fire, expect the Letters to return, albeit much different and more interesting for the political backroom deals and betrayals.

Next season will have almost double the Houses of the current season, with less members of each House represented. This will give us a wider variety of teams, players, and unique roles. I tried to craft every role this season to base it on the characters of the show, but I also was overly cautious with very powerful NAs and powers as they were untested in mafia games and I didn't want to see a single House triumph too easily over the others.

All in all, I really enjoyed hosting the game. Everyone seemed to have fun, we broke the post count record, and we managed to swiftly finish the game with minimal delay. I really enjoyed writing the phase change posts and trying to inject parts of the series into our custom story.

Thanks again to all my players. :) <3

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I look forward to the next game where I plan to die much, much less than I did in this :3 'twas fun.

Sad I never got to read/send letters though!

Years
  • I loved reading this as a non-player. It was amazing from start to finish. Well done Klippy and well done everyone who took part. I will be hoping to sign up to the next one!

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    Also, great job honey you voted to kill your own team mate.
    please, allow me: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=352080 <3
    it didn't quite matter who i voted for, we were outnumbered and bound for extinction anyway.

also, i'm glad i was able to sorta participate in this game and hopefully i'll be able to join in for world of ice and fire!

edit: also ty klippy for letting me die with honor

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back