• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Who was your second Pokemon you kept?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 16, 2016
So we all know you start off Black and White with either Oshawott (The Best) Tepig, and Snivy. But who was the second Pokemon you caught that you kept all the way until the end of the game? Mine was Mienfoo which I later evolved to Mienshao.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
Years
I'm not especially proud of this but by the time B/W rolled around I was probably the least interested I ever have been with Pokémon. It was just really unpopular in school and when it came out I was around 16 and was doing my best to move out of the nerdy category I was placed in and it actually worked for a while. Obviously though I still picked up the game and chose Oshawott (indeed it is the best!) as my starter. I knew absolutely nothing about the game and was playing it totally blind. I ended up solo-running with my starter and just one other 'mon - yeah I know that's not technically solo-running but it sounds cooler than duo-running so deal with it!!! There was an event going on where you could pick up a Victini very early in the game. My second Pokémon I kept was a legendary! I've only replayed B/W a handful of times but I've had much more varied teams in my other playthroughs so please don't judge me!!!

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Mine was a Purrloin that I caught at the very beginning, that I kept alongside my Snivy and others until the end. Simply because it's a cat, to be honest, and that's worth a billion points in my book, so despite its frailty, it made it all the way to Liepard and into the Hall of Fame, and now it's retired in a Bank box.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
In Black, it was a Liepard that I caught as a Purrloin. Black was horrible, so I don't remember much about that run. I'm pretty sure my Liepard was okayish as long as it didn't take a hit. I can't believe people like Oshawott. Samurott is awful, though Gen 5 didn't give us good starter choices to begin with.

In Black 2, it was an Azumarill that I caught as a Azurill. Black2 was much better, as I only had my one Gen 5 Pokemon on my team (Serperior).

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
As is pretty typical for me, the second Pokemon I kept in my first run alongside my starter, Oshawott at the time, was Pidove, later Unfezant. I really like using the regional birds in the games. In the BW games, I found myself switching up my teams more often than any other generation, the only consistency was my bird and starter.

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
Blitzle was the second Pokemon I kept throughout the game, although I did send him to the PC after catching Zekrom before the battles with N and Ghetsis in order to make space for Zekrom, so if that counts as not keeping the second Pokemon then it would be Tympole instead. I had a Pansage before either of them, but I swapped him for the Beartic I caught before doing the 7th Gym.

Years
Ah, Rasputin! I sure loved that Krookadile! Funny, 'cause she's a she, and not a crazy Russian ohoho! Krookadile was by far my most used Pokémon in Pokémon White Version until I transfered her over to Pokémon Y Version.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I think the second one I used regularly was Blitzle. I loved the idea of an electric zebra, though I wish it were a little less frail. That being said, I ended up training a lot of Pokemon at once thanks to Audino and the structure of the gen 5 experience system, so I may have later added back in other Pokemon that I caught earlier on to my training rotation.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Funny, a lot of similar thoughts here!

For me it was Snoop Dogg. He and Eminem (Emboar) took on the e4 eventually and were champions. Lmao I remember the morning I caught Snoop Dogg, it was so beautiful outside. I was SO EXCITED cuz first Lillipup. And that is the story of how we met :)

Years
A male pidove named Tenshi who evolved into a striking Unfezant. I really remember this Pokemon because I love how the evolutions followed nature by making the males brightly-colored and the females more sedate. It was really a fun surprise to me when I defeated Skyla with my own Unfezant and realized we had the same Pokemon but they looked totally different. Both forms are cute.

Unfezant was always in my party, even when he was no longer able to meet the demands of battle he had an honorable place as my pilot, his wings carried me all around Unova.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
My first time playing gen 5 (White) I picked up a Timburr to take on Lenora. I hadn't planned to use it on my team but it stuck around and Conkeldurr became one of my favourites from Unova.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Victini. I started out with Oshawott, but after finding Victini and Pansear type clashed I ditched the monkey as I knew I'd have other opportunities for him (as far as I am aware I no longer have a Victini in Black or Black 2 as I wanted to replay Black during the intervening years before the sequel was released, whereas Pansear is always available, so a good decision). On my second playthrough it would probably be Sawk - hated his design (well more the fact that Throh got white robes whilst Sawk didn't, making Throh look cooler), but he was so damn usable.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 29, 2022
I caught a number of Pokémon early in my play through of White, but the only one that made it all the way to the end was my Gigalith, which I caught early on as a Rogenrola,

Back