• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Small Writing Competition!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
G8's Small Writing Competition!

Hosted/Judged by Astinus, Bay Alexison and bobandbill

Welcome everyone to Get-Together Eight's Small Writing Competition! Ready to write a story based on this year's prompt that will impress the three judges and the rest of PC? Great!

But first, a few rules to keep in mind.

Rules

1.) Follow PC's rules and Fanfiction and Writing's rules
2.) The stories written for this competition must be completely new. In other words, they must not have been written before and not posted anywhere else until judging is over.
3.) You must PM your entries to all of the judges. (This is so if someone loses their PMs the others still have them and so forth). The judges in question are Astinus, Bay Alexison and bobandbill. You also must post in this thread when you send your PMs so we can confirm you did send us an entry.
4.) One entry per member only, sorry.
5.) You have until the end of the the G8 event timeslot to send in your entry - that is, 11:59 PM on Monday July 18 EST.Wednesday July 20th EST, 11:59 PM. NOW CLOSED
6.) The story can be based on Pokemon or be original fiction. Note the judges may not all be familiar with any other fandoms.
7.) The entry can only be a completed one-shot as this is a small writing competition - no chaptered entries, please!

If you have any other questions, ask away!

Scoring

Each entry can have a maximum score of 30, with the points broken down into three categories equaling 10 points in total like in previous years. The categories are:

Spelling and Grammar
Characterization, Plot, and Description
Relevance to Prompt

The prompt is 'cast aside', so good luck with making use of that in your story!

Emblems!

Courtesy of Bay Alexison, these are your prizes!

1st Place
j84x2.png

2nd Place
bFsE5.png

Participation
lUsKH.png

So with that, good luck with your entries - we look forward to reading them!

Current Entrants:

ElectricScyther
moonlightning
Destiny Demon
Alley Cat
Tomandgreen
(=Nemesis=)
LightOfTruth
RedDragonSilver
Pheonix987
IanDonyer
Shining Raichu
Cutlerine
Elite Overlord LeSabre
Scarf
DayDream
Townes
Mira
[Imaginative]:[Clockwork]
Mizan de la Plume Kuro
icomeanon6
-ty-

Last edited:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Hmm... interesting prompt, but I think I've got something.

Hoping to participate in writing once again.

Bay

Years
Do you want it now or not?
If you have the story already written and finished, sure! However, I recommend to take this time to look over your work real quick to check for grammar mistakes and if there's some stuff like emotional description you want to expand on. You have until July 18 (Monday), so you got some time to do that.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
You say it needs to be a completed one-shot, which is fine, but is there a particular upper and/or lower word limit?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
I'm getting in on this for sure! But yeah, word limits would be nice? && Just gotta figure out this prompt first >.<

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I don't know if I'll be entering this one... I haven't written anything since last year and I'm drawing complete blanks for this prompt... Not to mention I'm gonna be gone most of the day Sunday...

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
A Get-Together Competition that I actually have a shot in? What?!

Absolutely! I'd love to participate in this!
I've been writing a lot recently, so this is right up my alley.

Is there any restrictions of genre on our stories? Horror, etc.?

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
I wouldn't imagine there be any restrictions as long as it fits the prompt.
&& I found my story!:D

Onyx_X

The Onyx Knight
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 27, 2012
I don't think I'll be in this one. Cast aside has no interest to me, and I don't have anything done already that fits...perhaps another time.
Good luck to everyone who IS participating, though.

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2018
I just had a question about the prompt. I don't understand what cast aside means?
Is it....
A) Getting casted away somewhere?
B) Settingaside cast members?
Or C) Something completely different?

Please help, as I am very interested in participating.

moonlightning

Bird Of Thunder
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2019
Cool I'm definately participating and I suspect I will be finished today because I am away from my computer for the next few days. Good luck to everyone else entering!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
You say it needs to be a completed one-shot, which is fine, but is there a particular upper and/or lower word limit?
No, there's no limit on the length/word count. It just has to be as long as it needs to be to tell its story, really. =)
I just had a question about the prompt. I don't understand what cast aside means?
Is it....
All of the above! There's no one set definition for what the prompt really means exactly, so it's up to you to decide how you want to use it in your story.

Bay

Years

I'm getting in on this for sure! But yeah, word limits would be nice? && Just gotta figure out this prompt first >.<
No lower/upper word limit, although for me personally I would recommend the work be at least a drabble (100 words) to show at least you put some effort into it. As long as the one shot is complete in a sense, everyone is good.

Is there any restrictions of genre on our stories? Horror, etc.?
Any genre is fine as long as the story sticks to the cast aside prompt.

Submitted my one-shot...I personally think it sucked, but I feel that way about almost everything I write.
The judges and I got your entry! And oi, I feel that way with my writing lately. D: I haven't read it yet, but I'm sure it's good! :)

Is it....

Please help, as I am very interested in participating.
You can go with a couple different takes with this prompt, and A is one of them. Another is being left out, which the definition most people use when they say cast aside.

Edit: LOL, bobandbill ninjaed me.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I was planning to enter, but I have no clue how to include cast away into my story....
hmm...

IanDonyer

Time to kick ass? Definitely.
Years
*squee* This prompt is awesome. I don't know why, but it is. I have so many ideas from it it's not even funny - I may not submit it in time just trying to sort through them all. :p

Seriously though, I think I have one major idea in hand. I love this one in particular. So, yeah...

Good luck to all. Hope you guys have as much fun with this as I think I might.

Back