• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you dream about Video Games?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I definitely have - can't recall any very specific moments but I know just in general, whenever I spend a lot of time playing a particular game, I often dream about it later that night. Tetris has a way of worming into your thoughts a lot (one of the VGT questions ;P); I know that shows up in my sleep often if I'd been playing the night before.

Years
  • I need someone who has played a lot of Resident Evil or any zombie-heavy game to help me out here cause i need good zombie killing techniques

cause my dreams used to be about zombies a lot and it was very uh

RE like

i guess

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • Um like 8 years ago I remember having some weird hardcore zombie game dream where I almost died a bunch of times but didn't because I had Tomb Raider style skills and stuff.. Or something like that, was a long time ago...

Probably will remember more to post here now that this thread is in my thoughts

TY

In the past, like 10 years ago I did it almost every day.. nowadays it's just seldom after a session of CS:GO with friends where we go on till late and then I just go straight to sleep after.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
    Years
  • I have dreamt about games before. One that I can remember was one about The Evil Within, although I guess that's more like a Nightmare I had than a Dream, but hey Nightmares are essentially a dream. All I remember was going inside of a building with a dark, nasty interior that was like the beginning of the game with the hospital, I remember entering it with a group of people, and at the end of it I remember hiding underneath something, I can't remember what, and then seeing The Executioner showing up and that's about all that I remember.

Years
  • I'm pretty sure I have before - whether it's about imagining myself playing a certain game (I recall having one of these way back when I was a kid!), or having elements of my dream being taken from a game I've been playing recently.

I know I've had a few WoW-related dreams like the latter in more recent times. :P Dreaming that I'm part of some random party trying to take down a random boss? Sure, why not!

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • Most of the time it's a mix between real life and games.

This night, I had a dream where we were on vacation to a camping, where the constable from the sims medieval was setting houses on fire.

pkmin3033

I've had a Disgaea 4 save file in my head for the better part of three years now.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    This morning I dreamed of meeting with a LOL champion named Velkroz, because either I haven't played LOL in a while or that I used him a lot as a support mage.. it just one dreamy moment.

string555

Banned
    Years
  • Usually only when staying up really late playing a game. If I could remember my dreams more often, I would probably have some solid examples, but I got nothing. :/

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I've dreamed about games, but more commonly, I think elements of games end up creeping into my dreams in other ways. For example, after an evening of starting BOTW and falling off cliffs more often than I would have liked, I had a dream that featured a lot of climbing, slipping, and plummeting to my death (without the actual impact/dying part).

I used to have nightmares that related to Pokemon glitches back in gen I. I still have some pretty vivid memories of a few dreams from back then. Parts of them almost seemed like I was in the game, with game-like graphics, while other parts just drew on game elements. The glitches seem less "scary" now that I know what causes them, but at the time, they were unexplained phenomena, and of course, everything gets blown out of proportion in dreams.

Years
  • Only if I've spent too long playing a certain game over the few days prior, I'll end up dreaming of the menus or maybe a choice pattern that I use frequently. It always results in a poor sleep so I try to avoid having this happen, it also could just be that I only remember those occurrences because I didn't get a great amount of sleep on those nights.

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    Not so much, these days. I used to a lot when I was younger. It was mostly dreams where I was playing a certain game I was playing at the time. I remember dreaming about finding a way to reach a certain part of a level in DK64. I woke up the next morning and went on to try that strategy. It didn't work as it did in my dream, which was a bummer lol.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I mainly dream about Pok?mon, but I have dreamed a few times about very specific happenings in some video games. Especially if I was stuck at the time. Though it's not really dreaming I see any puzzle game I've been frequently playing for a while if I close my eyes (2048 being a big example).

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I only dreamed about video games when I was a kid. Specifically Final Fight 3, Sonic Adventure 2, and Pok?mon Sapphire. Those 3 games being the most memorable and influential to my gaming tastes nowadays.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I only dreamed about video games when I was a kid. Specifically Final Fight 3, Sonic Adventure 2, and Pok?mon Sapphire. Those 3 games being the most memorable and influential to my gaming tastes nowadays.

Do you remember by chance what any of those dreams entailed?

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Do you remember by chance what any of those dreams entailed?

For Final Fight 3, I dreamt that the 4 protagonists came to rescue when some evil entity was threatening our school.

Pok?mon Sapphire I dreamt that I was Brendan with Blaziken and Kyogre by my side battling the Elite Four.

And for Sonic Adventure 2, it wasn't me in the dream but I always had dreams of a cartoon or anime that was a 1:1 adaptation of the story. I would play all the cutscenes in my head as if they were an anime. Sonic X kinda disappointed me in that regard lmao.

Years
  • Almost never. But when I was napping today (being sick sucks..) I was dreaming about match 3 games and had Sailor Moon Drops (match 3 mobile game) bgms playing in my head. I can still vividly remember it. God why.

Last edited:
    Back