• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokémon

pkmin3033

Well, we've got Magearna, so we'll definitely have SOME new Pokemon in this that have yet to be announced. Assuming this to be true, what sort of new Pokemon would you like to see? What do you think is most likely to appear?

I, for one, am expecting a lot of new Fairy types.

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • Well, I saw a bird looking thing. And I want it.
    ZNExPd5.png

Sirfetch’d

Well, I saw a bird looking thing. And I want it.
    ZNExPd5.png

I always get so excited for the early region bird Pokemon, which I can only assume this is, and from the concept art it is very fascinating. Personally though, I'd love to see some sort of Fire/Grass typed Pokemon as we have not explored that typing before :) A Dark/Fairy would be really cool too!

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • This list is a copy and paste of a post I made on an older thread from a few weeks ago about new Pokemon we'd like to see. Some of my hopes:

Dolphin - Water or Water/Ice
    Peacock - Normal/Flying or Psychic/Flying
    A three stage evolution line: Budgerigar -> Parrot/Parakeet -> Macaw/Cockatoo - Grass/Flying
    Three stage evolution line: Quail -> Grouse -> Capercaillie - Normal/Flying
    Great White Shark - A proper looking shark, not Sharpedo which looks like it's been cut in half.
    Bigfoot/Sasquatch - Normal/Grass or Normal/Dark
    Velociraptor - Rock/Dark
    Stegosaurus - Rock/Grass
    Barn Owl - Normal/Flying or Psychic/Flying
    Flamingo - Water/Flying
    Toucan - Grass/Flying
    A better giraffe Pokemon than Girafarig
    Hyena - Dark. I know Poochyena and Mightyena have Hyena in their names but they look nothing like hyenas.
    Chupacabra - Dark
    Tiger - Not sure about type but as a sort of counterpart to Litleo and Pyroar.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • I can't work out how I'm supposed to be looking at the second screenshot. Where does it begin and end? What's the front and what's the back? Is it even the right way up? What is that?

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    If we're going to get new Pokemon, then I want:

-A prevo for Tauros and Miltank
    -Kangaskhan's baby to become its own Pokemon
    -evolutions for Pokemon such as Jynx, Farfetch'd, Qwilfish, Basculin, Maractus, Chimecho, Dunsparce, Spinda, Luvdisc, and the Pikaclones

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I can't really say anything, right now. But this is a tropical region, it would be amazing to finally get a true Dolphin. I really want Ice types, but this being a tropical region might greatly reduce the change of many new ones.

This is a Odd Number Gen, so I can see us having more than 100. I think it will fall between 107 and 135 true new pokemon and not Megas. I will say 119. Which would bring the total to 840.

Going off the current idea of this being based around Singapore. I will say I want the following based off wildlife in the Singapore area.

Dragon/Poison/Steel/Ground Eeveelution. Not all. Maybe 2 at the most.
    Lesser Mousedeer
    Sunda Pangolin
    Palm Civet
    Tree Shrew
    Some type of Bat
    A new monkey to add to the Evo Stone Monkeys.

That is just a few for now.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I should mention the "leaked" list from last week, which lists about 71 new Pokémon that were suppose to be the second half of the Kalos dex. So far, I can't find any legendaries on the list who are associated with the Sun and the Moon, because the only legendaries, 788-790, are associated with physics.

This list is a copy and paste of a post I made on an older thread from a few weeks ago about new Pokemon we'd like to see. Some of my hopes:

Dolphin - Water or Water/Ice
    Peacock - Normal/Flying or Psychic/Flying
    A three stage evolution line: Budgerigar -> Parrot/Parakeet -> Macaw/Cockatoo - Grass/Flying
    Three stage evolution line: Quail -> Grouse -> Capercaillie - Normal/Flying
    Great White Shark - A proper looking shark, not Sharpedo which looks like it's been cut in half.
    Bigfoot/Sasquatch - Normal/Grass or Normal/Dark
    Velociraptor - Rock/Dark
    Stegosaurus - Rock/Grass
    Barn Owl - Normal/Flying or Psychic/Flying
    Flamingo - Water/Flying
    Toucan - Grass/Flying
    A better giraffe Pokemon than Girafarig
    Hyena - Dark. I know Poochyena and Mightyena have Hyena in their names but they look nothing like hyenas.
    Chupacabra - Dark
    Tiger - Not sure about type but as a sort of counterpart to Litleo and Pyroar.

The ones I bolded are also my ideas, though in the tiger's case, it's Fire/Fighting (because of Street Fighter's Sagat).

Years
  • Personally though, I'd love to see some sort of Fire/Grass typed Pokemon as we have not explored that typing before :) A Dark/Fairy would be really cool too!

I do hope especially for new type combinations, some new combinations with Fairy would be nice to have. But Fire/Grass would be an awesome one because I have a burning tree design in mind.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • The model might be a new mon, but it kind of resembles Fletchling a bit...could be it's model (just without the tail completed)

I wonder if we'll get any evolutions or pre-evos. Gen II and IV had a lot. Gen III had two pre-evos. Gen VI had one evolution to a pokemon that already had seven evolutions. Gen V had none.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I hope we get 3 Fossil Lines this time.

I really want to see a Stegosaurus and Parasaurolophus fossil based pokemon. I would love to see a Triceratops as well.

Stego could be Rock/Grass and Para could be Rock/Fairy. Tri could possibly be a Rock/Steel or Rock/Ground.

pkmin3033

I should mention the "leaked" list from last week, which lists about 71 new Pokémon that were suppose to be the second half of the Kalos dex. So far, I can't find any legendaries on the list who are associated with the Sun and the Moon, because the only legendaries, 788-790, are associated with physics.
    That was leaked after Magearna was revealed, wasn't it? I'd be inclined to ignore it if that was the case personally, especially with the lack of Legendaries that could represent the Sun and Moon at the end...and because I can't believe that they would ever be so careless as to allow something like that to leak. It'd be a colossal blunder.

...but then, Sun and Moon could just as easily be represented by form changes of Xerneas and Yveltal; thematically that's a tad iffy, but it's possible. So it's possible.

Some new fossils would be fantastic! A Velociraptor and Stegosaurus would be great, although I'd love to see something a bit more exotic; maybe a terrifyingly massive Megalodon, or an Icthyosaur. We've had land-based dinosaur Pokemon for a while, and a couple of air-based ones in Aerodactyl and Archeops, so how about something sea-based for a change? Well, we've had sea-based fossils, but none of them have been particularly reptilian or...dinosaur-esque.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • At first I thought the Bird Pokemon from the trailer was Fletchling, but at a closer look it definitely looks like the new Regional Bird! I'm really looking forward to seeing the new Pokemon for these games. It would be good to have a Poison-type legendary, pretty sure that's the only type that isn't a legendary Pokemon.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Well, I saw a bird looking thing. And I want it.
    ZNExPd5.png

Its beak looks interesting, like it's dipped in red or something. (Blood Bird ftw) Seriously though, does anyone know of any bird species that have beaks that look like that?

I totally thought it was a Fletchling until somebody pointed it out in a video I was watching.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I hope we get 3 Fossil Lines this time.

I really want to see a Stegosaurus and Parasaurolophus fossil based pokemon. I would love to see a Triceratops as well.

Stego could be Rock/Grass and Para could be Rock/Fairy. Tri could possibly be a Rock/Steel or Rock/Ground.
    A fairy fossil would be interesting. Hmm, what unique types are left with rock? They've already combined it with Dark, Fire,Water, Grass, Ice... Ah I don't think they've done an electric/rock before. Come to think of it, it'll most likely look awesome...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • That was leaked after Magearna was revealed, wasn't it? I'd be inclined to ignore it if that was the case personally, especially with the lack of Legendaries that could represent the Sun and Moon at the end...and because I can't believe that they would ever be so careless as to allow something like that to leak. It'd be a colossal blunder.

...but then, Sun and Moon could just as easily be represented by form changes of Xerneas and Yveltal; thematically that's a tad iffy, but it's possible. So it's possible.

Some new fossils would be fantastic! A Velociraptor and Stegosaurus would be great, although I'd love to see something a bit more exotic; maybe a terrifyingly massive Megalodon, or an Icthyosaur. We've had land-based dinosaur Pokemon for a while, and a couple of air-based ones in Aerodactyl and Archeops, so how about something sea-based for a change? Well, we've had sea-based fossils, but none of them have been particularly reptilian or...dinosaur-esque.
    It was originally leaked in Japanese texts from 4chan, which had leaked some Pokémon information in the past (e.g. evolutions of the Unova starters), a day or two before February 15th.

The reason I believe we should wait on getting anymore fossil Pokémon based on prehistoric sea creatures and Ice Age mammals is because we want to complete the stock dinosaur set in the Pokémon world (Theropod (Tyrantrum), Sauropod (Aurorus), Stegasauria (Stegosaur), Ceratopsid (Bastiodon), Ornithomimid (Struthiomimus), Pterasaur (Aerodactyl), Dromeaosaur (Velociraptor), Orthnithischia (Rampardos))

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • Here are the animals/mythical creatures I'd like to see new Pokemon of:
    - Gryphon
    - Pegasus (maybe a Rapidash mega evolution)
    - Triceratops
    - Stegosaurus
    - Red panda
    - Dolphin
    - Peacock and peahen
    - Macaw
    - Shih Tzu
    - Husky
    - Sugar Glider
    - Donkey
    - Alpaca

Back