• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does Death ever freak you out?

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
Years
I was just reading the abortion thread and that got me thinking about living and dying.

Does the thought of dying ever scare you? or are you totally calm about it?

I'm really curious cause I had a huge freak out the other week about it. I've read the novel "The Declaration" by Gemma Malley and even though it's fiction it really made me think. I guess I'm kinda scared about never being able to breathe or eat or talk ever again. And the thought of being buried or cremated *shudder* But then again, if everyone lived forever, new life wouldn't be able to take over.

What do you believe? do you believe in an afterlife, heaven and hell or reincarnation or are you very scientific on the matter? I'd love to read what you guys think!

And sorry if this thread is a bit depressing for anyone! :o:(

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
Years
I consider the possibility of an after-life, although I'm atheist. I'm not really scared about it, I think we'll most likely simply die.
My father used to be Spiritist and he said he has seen a lot, as I know my father, I can say he isn't easy to trick, but I'm going to give it a try myself someday.

Melody

Banned
Years
I don't fear death, but I don't like the idea of dying early on in life, I've got a lot of things I'd like to do before I die, and I'd like to see my death coming, thank you very much. :3

Other than that, no...Death is something I accept as part of Life.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
does it scare me? yes it does but I try not to think about it, am I totally calm about it? no not really

Do I believe in a after-life? yes I do, I believe in God and Satan/Devil and Jesus and Angels, heaven and hell yup I do.

Years
It did me.A lot!I don't really understand how you die I meen,imagine if you just fell asleep and next thing u know your in the coffin(is that where you put people when they die cause I'm not sure?)

does it scare me? yes it does but I try not to think about it, am I totally calm about it? no not really

Do I believe in a after-life? yes I do, I believe in God and Satan/Devil and Jesus and Angels, heaven and hell yup I do.

I don't believe in Jesus or God.Don't ask me why,I don't know.

No I don't fear it..It solve everything.
Spoiler:

Why do you wish you were dead?

Last edited:

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
Years
Nah, I got most of that fear out of my system when I thought too much about it in elementary school. Then I got the rest out of me when I thought I was dying many years later.

I believe that nobody that is alive right now can possibly know anything about the afterlife, even if they have had "near death experiences". And I really hate it when people are so sure they know, and would even argue about it non-stop.

Years
Death never really frightened me at all. Once you accept the fact that its the only sure part of your entire life, it becomes more intriguing than anything else.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Wow, the posts so far cheered me up about the topic. (Mostly cause of the believers, love you guys :)) But yeah, generally, it freaks me out.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
Years
I think dead is dead. No heaven or afterlife or anything, but it doesn't really freak me out a lot. I mean I don't want to die, but I'm not exactly scared to die. Everyone dies.

I'll probably donate my body to science, if this has anything to do with the topic. I won't care when I'm dead. Giving it to science and it possibly helping someone is better than it rotting in a wooden box underground or being burned into ashes. I find both of those options pretty gross...

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Why should I be scared of death? It's 100% natural part of life. The way I see it, death is the beginning of a fun afterlife rather than the end of our miserable existence.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
"When God is on my side whom/what then shal I fear" Why should I bescared of death it's a natrual part of life and after I die I am going into heaven. "for who any believes in him, shal not parish but have ever lasting life" But truth be told I don't wish to die any time soon. I still have a lot of things I need to take care of on this world and do.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Am Iscared of dying? Well sort of not now anyway, I am only young. I do believe in Heaven and Hell, Jesus and God but not the devil. My friend is really religousand se believes in the Kuran, sorry if a I spelt it wrong. She is turkish and she explains what to say and act in thier culture and beliefs.

For me I would like to Dye from old age the most natural way of dying there is. I want to be at least over 85 years old. I want my life to exapnd to the greatest it can exapnd from. AND I want to spend even those tiny minuties with my family and friends.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
Years
Wow pretty deep answers guys.

I dunno I'm just a sort of restless person and being dead would be so....boring :L
I know I've got years and years yet but I hope it's as [as it is put in the Harry Potter novels] "quick and easy as falling asleep"

I also like to believe in reincarnation a little bit. To come back as something or someone else would be better than just ceasing to exist. Even if it's a bit far fetche'd and it totally contradicts science noboy really knows do they??

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
I think dead is dead. No heaven or afterlife or anything, but it doesn't really freak me out a lot. I mean I don't want to die, but I'm not exactly scared to die. Everyone dies.

I'll probably donate my body to science, if this has anything to do with the topic. I won't care when I'm dead. Giving it to science and it possibly helping someone is better than it rotting in a wooden box underground or being burned into ashes. I find both of those options pretty gross...

I swear my brain just jumped out of my brain and hacked your account, because that is exactly how I feel about death. Mind you, I don't really find burial/cremation gross though.

More than anything death intrigues me. I've spent ages thinking about what it's like dying, I mean does everything just go black, or do you see a bright light, what?
As for how I would like to die, I want to live as long as possible, but only as long as I don't have to live my life hooked up to life support machines and need to have people wipe my **** for me. It'd be cool if I lived to 106 though, because then I'd have lived in three different centuries :cool:.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Sorta curious why you put the 'd' in "death" in your title in Caps...

Anyways, well, of course I'm scared. Who isn't, unless your extremely calm *coughChibicough*. But it's like Chibi said. Death is inevitable. Hopefully, we won't have to deal with it in a few decades, but when it does come, I just hope I die a happy man. I'll embrace Death (yes, caps) if I had.

IceSage

Sage of Ice
Years
Sorta curious why you put the 'd' in "death" in your title in Caps...

He's totally talking about Death, the guy with the scythe who steals souls, and ends up cheating at board games with you in a contest to see if your soul can return to the living world or not, so you can save your girlfriends from your evil robotic twins from the future.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
"Death, therefore, the most awful of evils, is nothing to us, seeing that, when we are, death is not come, and, when death is come, we are not."
— Epicurus

Back