• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your top 5 favorite types?

Years
  • What are your top 5 favorite Pokemon types?

Mine are Dragon, Dark, Ghost, Psychic and Water.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2022
    Probably rock, ghost, poison, psychic, and ice. No particular order.

Years
  • in order

Electric, Psychic, Water, Flying, Ghost

with this logic, Ampharos should be my top 1, but it's only 4th in my all time faves. funny how that works.

Years
    • Seen today
    Generally speaking: Ghost, Dark, Fire, Grass, and Flying.

But there are exceptions.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Ice and Normal definitely, then maybe Bug since a few of my favorite Pokémon are Bug-type and I enjoy looking for insects IRL. Water-types (at least the ones that make sense on land) have also appealed to me for a long time. It's a close call between Fire and Psychic for fifth place, but Fire wins out slightly in terms of number of Pokémon I like of that type.

Years
  • Hmm this is a tough one and mine will also be in order and I'll do my top five for each type in order as well.

1) Flying: Gyarados, Dragonite, Pidgeot, Rayquaza, Talonflame

2) Dragon: Garchomp, Dragonite, Rayquaza, Tyrantrum, Appletun

3) Dark: Grimmsnarl, Tyranitar, Umbreon, Obstagoon, Crawdaunt

4) Water: Gyarados, Kyogre, Milotic, Toxapex, Crawdaunt

5) Fire: Blaziken, Talonflame, Charizard, Rotom-Heat, Centiskorch

Maybe in order?

1) Electric
    2) Normal
    3) Grass
    4) Ghost
    5) Ice

<3

Kind of cool we don't share any types, all types seem well represented!

Years
  • Hmm this is a tough one and mine will also be in order and I'll do my top five for each type in order as well.

1) Flying: Gyarados, Dragonite, Pidgeot, Rayquaza, Talonflame

2) Dragon: Garchomp, Dragonite, Rayquaza, Tyrantrum, Appletun

3) Dark: Grimmsnarl, Tyranitar, Umbreon, Obstagoon, Crawdaunt

4) Water: Gyarados, Kyogre, Milotic, Toxapex, Crawdaunt

5) Fire: Blaziken, Talonflame, Charizard, Rotom-Heat, Centiskorch

Kind of cool we don't share any types, all types seem well represented!

yeah you've got some really cool mons on your list that I like a lot too still, like umbeon, dragonite, tyranitar, and milotic! good taste :D

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • Mine are Grass, Bug, Fairy, Ice, and Psychic. Grass is definitely my favorite, while the others are in no particular order.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2023
    1. Water. Always has been my favorite since I watched a Percy Jackson movie and saw Blastoise.
    2. Ice. It's frozen water and one shots a lot of Pokémon. How I'm I not gonna like Ice?
    3. Fighting. All the names of the Pokémon and moves are so cool!
    4. Electric. Always has been fascinated with electricity.
    5. Flying. Basically the same reason as Fighting.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Water, Electric, Dragon, Grass, Fairy.

The last 3 tend to change but the first two are always Water and Electric. Water is insanely good for having only two weaknesses with one of them being easy to counter, is usually my first choice for a starter, the water starter's final form is usually the best designed or if not least bad of the three, and it's just extremely good overall. Electric also because it's really good, and a lot of it's creatures have good designs.

As for the other three, Dragon for obvious reasons, I know some people would be turned off by Grass for it's many weaknesses, but a lot of the Grass creatures are usually really strong or fast to make up for it, and the ones that aren't are really just only a minority. I also think Grass bar none is the type with the BEST moves. My favourite move is a Grass move and most of my top ten favourite moves are as well. For the last one a Dragon counter is always good and I chose that over Ice because I REALLY wish Ice was slightly better (seriously, just make it resist Normal. It's not called the snow type, hitting Ice with untrained fists would hurt as much as rock or metal. I even constantly think from time to time that Ice resists normal.)

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • 1. Poison. Even though a lot of Poison-type Pokémon are rather unimpressive, I think Poison fits my aesthetic. Maybe it's that it's normally associated with purple.
    2. Electric. Electric's a pretty cool type. I'm a fan of bright colors, which a lot of Electric-type Pokémon have. I'm also a fan of sharp angles.
    3. Ice. It sucks as a defensive type, but I really like Ice, and being a great offensive type isn't that bad a deal. It also a bunch of neat Pokémon, even if most of them are white and/or blue.
    4. Ghost. Ghost strikes me as the most gimmicky of the 18 types, and that's what makes me like it so much.
    5. Dragon. I'm quite a fan of lizard-like creatures.

Back