• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Glaceon or Leafeon?

Years
  • If you evolved your eevee into one of the environmental eevees, which one did you choose and why?

I chose Glaceon due to its blue color palette and I already had a grass type in my team (Roserade).
    Also route 216/217 is my favorite area of sinnoh, so I decided to evolve it there.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Glaceon is beautiful and I absolutely love its design so I made sure to have one in my team during a Sinnoh playthrough. I also accidentally evolved an Eevee into a Leafon in SM and instantly boxed it, I don't really like it tbh.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I think I first used Glaceon - by accident, I was trying to get an Umbreon - and used it to defeat the pokémon league, but I prefer Leafeon - combining Swords Dance with Leaf Blade, X-Scissor etc.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Both have beautiful designs and I like them both equally, but the fact that you can have Leafeon before the second gym and Glaceon around the seventh makes me learn towards Leafeon more often than not.

ChaddyCFC

Veteran PokéNerd
    Years
  • Glaceon for me looks better, but because Vaporeon can use ice moves, it's a bit pointless. Leafeon would come in handy more often.

Years
    • Online now
    Leafeon is a physical attacker with high Defense and decent Speed, and Glaceon is a special attacker with decent defensive stats. However, Glaceon is slow, and it doesn't have many strong special attacks. All it gets is Ice moves, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam, and some weak moves like Hidden Power and Water Pulse. It also has only one resistance as opposed to 4 weaknesses, so it's not that good at taking hits. And lastly, it's available really late in most main series games, if not all of them. By the time it's available, I usually have a strong Water type on my team, and they can also learn Ice type attacks. So Glaceon isn't really worth it for me.

Meanwhile, Leafeon has 4 resistances as opposed to 5 weaknesses, and it has actual Speed like I said before. And while I tend to learn towards special attackers when I choose my Water type, I can go for either physical or special when choosing a Grass type. And in Pokemon Platinum, as soon as you receive your Eevee, you can head back to Eterna Forest to evolve it into Leafeon (even if it takes a while to get there).

So basically, Leafeon wins for me.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I'm kinda split because I prefer Glaceon's design, but Leafeon's colors. I used them both in different 4th gen games, but in terms of using them in-game Glaceon was much better.

Years
  • I do love both, but I seem to love Glaceon's design so I probably have to give my nod to the icy Eeveelution. Shame those Icy Rocks are always so late that it's unusable in a main story campaign.

metameta

Metagross FTW
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2017
    It was tie for Leafeon and Glaceon. I finally chose Leafeon since I already got an Ice type in my team.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • i definitely like leafeon. i think i got one back when i played platinum, i'm not sure. but i did get one in ORAS and it was a shiny that i got from a trade. it was a regular eevee and then i evolved it into a leafeon. it's very cute and i love its design.

Maya

Fairy-type Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I went with leafeon. I really liked its design, and I didn't have a strong grass pokemon for my team yet at the time.

Back